It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planck Space Data Yields Evidence of Universes Beyond Our Own

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Size isn't relevant, I always thought that, we are a living organism within a larger organism within a larger organism within a larger organism... sort of like the picture within the picture x infinite.

None the less amazing find, I wish we weren't so preoccupied killing ourselves so we can focus our attention on unlocking the keys to this wonderful universe.

S&F

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by vind21

"Ether" is a misnomer with pseudo-scientific connotations so I will just maintain the description as a "Superfluid Vacum which exhibits Bose Einstein Condensate properties".

Obviously if you search "Superfluid Vacum" or "Bose Eninstein Condensate" on Wiki you get something that approximates the description of Ether given the understanding of physics at the time of the phrases popularity- but it doesnt help to describe in any positive way.

Thad Roberts summarises quantum space pretty well in this video: vimeo.com...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Data gathered by the European Space Agency's Planck spacecraft enabled researchers to map the "cosmic microwave" of background radiation left behind when the universe began 13.8 billion years ago.

Forget about the findings I want to see this map! and not just that crappy version in the article!
edit on 22-5-2013 by Eonnn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
If true we have to stop saying the universe. .but how are we gonna call it then? And how old are the other ones?

It would be 'verse' since uni here means one/only

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Can someone explain why this is not a major news anywhere? Is this true? If it is, it's the biggest discovery since discovery that Earth is not the center of the universe and that it's not flat.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Actually with respect to multiverse this would constitute one of the "Levesl", of which there are four. Actually I erred in my last response it is more like 10x10to the power of 28 meters distant.

You will probably never see your other selves. The farthest you can observe is the distance that light has been able to travel during the 14 billion years since the big bang expansion began.The most distant visible objects are now about 4 × 10 to the power of 26 meters away—a distance that defines our observable universe,also called our Hubble volume, our horizon volume or simply our universe.Likewise, the universes of your other selves are spheres of the same size centered on their planets. They are themost straightforward example of parallel universes. Each universe is merely a small part of a larger “multiverse.”

Multiverse Theory PDF File

edit on 22-5-2013 by Kashai because: Added and modifed content

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

hmm that makes me wonder if you would get a labyrinth effect moving through space in one direction FTL you might appear to be in the same spot again, when really its just another universe similar to the one you were just in.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn

Forget about the findings I want to see this map! and not just that crappy version in the article!
edit on 22-5-2013 by Eonnn because: (no reason given)

I think that is about the best image we have......... it's very faint and very old and our technology isn't up to seeing it clearer yet. I'm not sure there are better images available now.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here is another verification of "something" that supports the Planck Data:
The Universe might be curved or saddle like in shape.

Weird.

Data from NASA's Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP), launched in 2001, unexpectedly suggested that the universe may be lopsided — hot and cold spots on one side of the cosmos appear hotter and colder than on the other. The evidence for this anomaly has increased over time, and data from the Planck satellite launched by the European Space Agency in 2009 supports the existence of the same anomaly.

Article

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join