It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Tornado Madness - This Time Kansas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This outbreak is far from over!! Please, if you are to the east, especially overnight, STAY AWARE.

You can sign up for weather alerts through many local weather stations that will call your phone / cell phone with warnings overnight. Or sleep with the weather channel on, if you get cable and not satellite, the weather channel will beep loudly if a tornado or severe thunderstorm warning is coming your way. Nighttime tornadoes are the deadliest because people are sleeping.

The areas through tomorrow are from Ohio down to Louisiana, and it WILL continue to track eastward, a cold front and a dry line mixing with the very warm, moist air...always a recipe for tornadoes.

This will be an event which covers several days, so do not let your guard down!!

Stay safe, y'all.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Here's the next wave of crap to hit the region. The temps are above average for this time of year, causing potential "super cells".

Tornado Stuff In Kansas

According to the weather service, supercells are a special type of thunderstorm that can last for many hours. "They are responsible for nearly all of the significant tornadoes produced in the U.S. and for most of the hailstones larger than golf ball size," the weather service says. "Supercells are also known to produce extreme winds and flash flooding."

Seriously, this year is looking like a climate change bench mark. It's getting pretty hard to ignore. For some reason, I feel this is just the beginning of some drastic effects of our global change in climate.

Keep those in the tough spots in your _______ (prayers, spells, rituals, crossword puzzles, thoughts, etc).

As an experienced member I'd think you'd know better then to start this thread. Seriously..Dramatic much? The mid west has been getting storms/tornadoes/super cells since I was about 5. I'm 35 now. It's not a climate change as you put it. It's mother nature.For some reason I think you're just fishing for stars and flags.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by Cuervo
Here's the next wave of crap to hit the region. The temps are above average for this time of year, causing potential "super cells".

Tornado Stuff In Kansas

According to the weather service, supercells are a special type of thunderstorm that can last for many hours. "They are responsible for nearly all of the significant tornadoes produced in the U.S. and for most of the hailstones larger than golf ball size," the weather service says. "Supercells are also known to produce extreme winds and flash flooding."

Seriously, this year is looking like a climate change bench mark. It's getting pretty hard to ignore. For some reason, I feel this is just the beginning of some drastic effects of our global change in climate.

Keep those in the tough spots in your _______ (prayers, spells, rituals, crossword puzzles, thoughts, etc).

As an experienced member I'd think you'd know better then to start this thread. Seriously..Dramatic much? The mid west has been getting storms/tornadoes/super cells since I was about 5. I'm 35 now. It's not a climate change as you put it. It's mother nature.For some reason I think you're just fishing for stars and flags.

Hey, it's the msm that's making a big deal out of it. I honestly don't remember this being in the news like this last year. Hurricanes, sure, but tornadoes are always those things that people are like "oh, look, this straw went through a power pole. Isn't that neat?"

I still don't think I'm exaggerating and I was right. A bunch more came to OK right after this threat and it got a lot more insane. Look, I don't live there and don't understand why a person would so I just see this happen from afar.

Don't be a jerk and hassle me about marveling over nature and it's changes. This isn't normal and the temperatures are higher than average which is causing this.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join