It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody experienced this? (Meditation and pineal gland related, I think)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
So I've been meditating almost every night before going to bed for the past few months.
And every time I reach that state of total relaxedness, I do some breathing and mental visualisation exercises, one of them is I imagine a stream of white light enter from the top of my head (some would call it crown chakra) reaching the pineal gland, and exiting through the third eye/ forehead.

It's a very powerful visualisation that has some very physical consequences like feeling vibration through my whole body. And when I do it laying down on the bed, sometimes It feels like my body is in the middle of what I can only describe as a vortex of some sort, like in the middle of a vibrational energy tornado, but it feels very peaceful.

Anyways, last night after doing this routine, and when i was almost falling asleep, I felt something I had never experienced before, I'll try to describe it as best as i can.
In that state of pre-sleep relaxation, I felt a sudden rush of energy or adrenaline (cant really put it into words) through my body, and culminating with a bright flash of light.
Another way I can describe that flash of light is if I had been falling through a tunnel at the speed of light and suddenly reached the end where it was very very bright. It felt like that light came from deep inside my brain.
Very weird, it all lasted no more that 1 or 2 seconds, but it left me shaken and wide awake and kind of scared. After a while I managed to get back to sleep, for only to happen again after a few minutes. That second time though i didn't feel as shaken, almost like I was expecting it.

Weird night,
Anyone felt something similar?
Could it be related to the pineal gland stimulation?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I know exactly what happened to you. You've reached the point of the vibrational state. The state your in when you have an OOBE "Out of Body Experience". This state you are experiencing is that stage of separation. Many things happened during this stage. Some experience weird noises like systematic grinding metal, flashes of light etc. I have reached this stage quite a few times but never get past the vibration as I get a little too exited, my heart starts pounding and I wake up. But if you give into this wonderful phenomena, just picture yourself floating upwards or rolling out of bed, and you should be able too experience the most wonderful thing that meditation can can offer... An OOBE.

You are on the right track, keep doing what you are doing

And good luck

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by athousandlives

Your getting closer. Let your spirit become comfortable with itself and comfortable with leaving its cage.
Embrace the feelings. Imagine yourself a bathtub slowly filling. As soon as it overflols onto the floor you should leave your body. Don't be afraid of the feelings and try not to get too excited although this is a great experience.

I just helped a friend achieve an oobe 2 days ago in fact. The way a body looks while soul is vacant is strange. I've seen myself while out of body but never realized the facial expression until it was someone else.
Anyways keep practicing at it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Sounds like you are close to OOBE and are snapping back instead of letting yourself ease into it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by otie1

I guess OOBE and astral projection are the same thing right?
Because I have tried many times to consciously astral project/leave the physical body while in that state of deep meditation. But always get stuck is some sort of limbo where I feel parts of my body floating upwards, and even though I try to give in and not think about it too much with the logical mind, I always snap back in.

I will try the bathtub visualisation, thanks

is it very weird/scary to look at you physical body when you are detached from it?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

check the link in my signature. It will explain EVERYTHING.

YEs I've gone through what you have.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Look like a good read, thanks

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Dont be scared ! What you are experiencing is a very wonderful thing, just go with it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You do not have to be detached from your body during an OBE. When I had mine I made sure a golden cord was attached and you may return to your body at will.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ok, sorry to highjack your thread, but I came to this website specifically to make a thread and found myself unable to do so as I do not have twenty posts. I also have a similar situation, but mine was much scarier.

Once in a while, I do these exercises, I close my eyes, I move my left eye to the top right, and my right eye to the top left, I focus on my third eye area, now, pretty quickly my eyes will start twitching, and if I pursue so will different parts of my body, now during this phase, what I do is imagine a "space", I do not imagine a 'box' as a box has a is a closes space (but its easy to do), rather, I just envision a "space" and I expand this space never endingly with my mind, I usually stop shortly after.

Now yesterday, my grandmother died, and I decided to take it a bit farther, so I kept expanding this empty space with my mind, and as I do it, shapes, of grey and white appear, I've gone this far before, but this was the extent of it, now this time, I kept going, everythings black, except grey and white shapes, now suddenly I see a picture of an EYE, it is not grey or white, it is solid black, however I can still clearly see it is an EYE, I focused on the center of the EYE and my mind started leaving my skull, now it's important to note, it was JUST my head,my entire body did not leave, just my mind, and it was directly above my actual head, maybe about one foot, not very far at all, now I sat here in this position for a good 20-30 minutes I imagine, I was fully aware of my surroundings, I was on the couch, my mother was on the other couch (her mom had died, so I've been comforting her), now I heard her snoring, and I also heard like, a rhythmic, maybe metal type noise that was definitely 'real', so I was hearing real life stuff, and also this rhythmic metal type thing, now here's where I got scared, I felt that I was NOT alone, and I was very scared to proceed any further, just typing this is giving me shivers again, I kept doing exercises as I stood there for that 20-30 minutes to maintain my control over my physical body, I would twitch my leg, and I felt that I had control over my body still, I also remember, my body was asleep, a VERY deep sleep, I could actually 'feel' how tired I was, my body was exhausted.

So I'm at this point and I felt a presence, and quite frankly, it did not feel welcoming, I actually got the impression that if I continued, it was going to try to get into my body, kind of like take over maybe? I'm speculating here, as I really do not know, hence I came searching, and stumbled upon these forums, does anyone have any experience with this? Also, as the continue persisted, I pretty much said ok, enough of this, and I force woke myself up by opening my eyes - which were crossed and I had double vision when I awoke, which I thought I'd throw in there, anyways, any help or guidance would be appreciated, as the 'spirit' or whatever I encountered, did not give off a feeling of friendliness, and was down right scary

*edit* ALSO - after I awoke, about a minute or two later, there was a screeching OUTSIDE, we slept right by the window, this actually AWOKE my mother, and she rose her head trying to hear what it was as well, so it was not just me hearing that
edit on 23-5-2013 by dicaprio772 because: added content

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dicaprio772

Interesting, the 'exercise' of focusing on the third eye is when the more interesting stuff happens.
When you get to that state and you start feeling the twitching of the eyes and the rest of the body try this:
tell yourself that nothing can harm you and visualise a bubble of light surrounding and protecting you.
When I start feeling like there's some weird presence I imagine this light expanding and as I do this, the fear dissipates and I actually start feeling this energy field around me and my whole body begins to buzz.
From what I've read in books and also from people who post here, it's your mindset and intentions that count.
And nothing can take over your body, you are always connected to it even when 'out there'.
Or you can also do what the poster above you said and imagine the golden chord to feel safer.
I have never heard of people having their bodies taken over by another entity while OOB.

Many of the 'evil entities' that we perceive when in this state are really a product of our fears.
So don't be afraid and spend some time repeating a comforting mantra and doing some 'strengthening' visualisations before you try again. It makes a big difference.

My condolences.
Hope you have better luck next time.

peace

top topics

join