It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you change ATS ? The mod free thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If there could be one thing I would change it would be the forum “really above top secret”

That forum is not what I thought it would be when I was able to access it, this is what I think it should be.

I think that RATS should be a place that is essentially a “mods pick” forum, were only threads of high quality get put selected by the Mods and were only members who have achieved a certain level of experience on the site can access.

I think such a change would be amazing, it would give people more of a incentive to go write huge in depth threads. I know that for me there is nothing more infuriating than writing a 2000 word thread full of references only for it to end up at the bottom of the “recent posts” page because everyone is too busy arguing about rocks. Once a thread falls of the recent posts page it might as well never have been written.

If we changed RATS in the way I am talking about that might not happen quite so much.

How the specifics would work I don’t know, some would say that mods are showing favouritism and that is the only real reason I can see against it but the mods already get accused of that and I think on balance more members would welcome it than start ranting about how their YouTube mash up thread didn’t get into the forum.

I think that’s the only things I would change that’s significant, there probably a few other little things but nothing that comes to mind right now.

Good thread though.

S&F

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I for one am glad that my 404ed thread met its fate.
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Been there done that,

Drunken posts are a thing I've learned to avoid writing (nearly) but Mrs C has her subtle rolling pin in waiting just in case, failing that there is generally a mod ready to pull me up, thankfully it's a relatively rare u2u nowadays.

Cody

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Posting time outs for members who are rude or troll. 3 days for the first offense, 5 days for the second, a week for the third then after that banned.

There is nothing more frustrating than reading through a large thread and having jokes, rude comments and personal digs.

My theory is if you want to act like a preschooler ATS should treat you like one.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

and just now i was just going to propose 'pants-less posting fridays'!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Long running thread on this here. Best place for suggestions as this thread Bill keeps an eye on. Please add to that one.

Closed.

<< 1   >>

join