It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mistakes of Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

have a read of gerald o/farrels the tutankhamun deception .

howard carter stated when he got sacked from the dig in egypt IF THE TRUTH BE KNOWN western society would collapse over night
he came to the collusion that tuth[MOSES] and tutankhamun were moses and jesus
interesting read that book

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Except the English translation of the Hebrew Yeshua would be Joshua.

No it wouldn't. Yeshua is not exactly equivalent to Joshua. Yeshua is Jesus. Yehoshua would be Joshua. (Though Yeshua and Yehoshua are related.)

3. Jesus would not have looked like he is always depicted.

Every culture imagines historical figures to look/act like them. (Japanese Christians envision Jesus to look like an Asian person.) Thus is isn't an error of Christianity so much as a "failure" (if even) of people being people.

4. Angels in the Bible looked nothing like how they are depicted.

While what you say is generally true, there are indications in the Bible that some angels took/have a human-like form. Examples would be Michael, the Angel of YHWH and the angels that accompany God when they visit Abraham (Genesis 18–19).

5. The Antichrist is not any one person.

The Bible seems to be clear that there is a spirit of Antichrist that is around always. Revelation does seem to indicate that, at the end of days, there will be one entity that arises, the Beast, who, for whatever reason, has been given the title Antichrist. This probably has to do with the Greek prefix, αντι, meaning "against" or "in place of", which would mean that this person is against or tries to take the place of Christ.

6. No one will ever be able to read the full version of the Bible.

Anyone can read the OT and NT Apocrypha if they please. No one is hiding it from them. To say that those books were removed from the Bible is a HUGE stretch as they were never in the Bible. The early church rejected the NT Apocrypha because they were written after the church has more or less settled on its canon. Anyone can go and read the OT Apocrypha as many Bibles have the Apocrypha still in it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It's funny how much the Op gets wrong.

Under Christianity the people are no longer under the old LAW of the Hebrews so the keeping up with the 10 commandments does not apply. We are now saved by grace through faith not under the Law - or having to follow all those old testament rules.

It doesn't matter what translation of the name of Jesus you use - the Power to transform lives is in the doing of the words of Jesus.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

It doesn't matter what translation of the name of Jesus you use - the Power to transform lives is in the doing of the words of Jesus.

Transforms them into non-free thinking people that will blindly follow something with out actually having any proof other than a 1000 year old book saying its true. Do you really think people should be shepherd? Well I'm an individual and can find out my own spirituality.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Isn't god an Idol? So he just doesn't want your worshiping Idols other than him? Kind of sounds like a tyrannical king doesn't it? Praise me or Ill throw you in hell just doesn't sound like something an omnipotent being would iterate

Dunno why i even bother to care because it's just wasted energy on you folks. Has nothing to do about "praise me or i throw you in hell". It has to do about your personal wrong doings, and him giving you a way out through Jesus Christ. You see, when you do something you know is wrong, it goes out and echoes in eternity, much like a radio frequency, and who is out there to forgive you? Can you recall what you've done once you have sent it out? Can you undo an evil thing you have said to hurt someone once it is said? Can you remove it from their minds and heal the damage you wrought? No you can't, because apologizing can't undo the damage.

When a serial killer, takes his next victim and inflicts unspeakable horrors on them, can that ever be undone? Can their life be given back? Can the fear, terror, horror and pain be undone once it occurs? No, not by anyone. Not by anyone you know.

But at the name of Jesus Christ, he can give people hope, where they had despair. He can give them life, when they wanted to die. He can give them a purpose, when they had nothing left and everything else is gone.

Better to live with hope, then die in despair.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You see, when you do something you know is wrong, it goes out and echoes in eternity, much like a radio frequency, and who is out there to forgive you?

It's a lot less personal than that. I don't need anyone to forgive me other than those I have wronged. And if, in the end, I don't get their forgiveness, then I make up for it by being nice to other people.

It's like a bank account. Money comes in from different places for doing different things, and money goes out to different places for doing different things. Just because one source takes money away doesn't mean I can't get it back using another source. It's a lot less exclusive than what you're implying.

At least, that feels more natural to me. Less partial and more automated, more judicial. You get out what you put in. It's about as personal as a bank. You have your own level, but your level reflects that of a larger picture which operates less by the behavior of its inhabitants and more by the nature of its own innate function. A clock does not change according to whoever is looking at it. Just so with the karmic system.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The only person that has to forgive me about my wrong doings is me. Also all of what your saying only matters in the context of we are here for a higher purpose other than to live, observe, love and enjoy life. Why do people think they are so special? There are many things in this world that can make some one turn their life around that are not Jesus.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I don't need a god to have hope in my life. And if you can't make your own hope, then I pity you.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hey Allen,

I agree with you the the depiction of Jesus is right on the money. It seems that is a rational guess as to what he may have looked like. However, to me, it doesn't matter what he looks like. He could be black, olive, brown, or white, doesn't change anything for me.

As for his name...

Yeshua (ישוע, with vowel pointing יֵשׁוּעַ - yēšūă‘ in Hebrew)[1] was a common alternative form of the name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ ("Yehoshuah" - Joshua) in later books of the Hebrew Bible and among Jews of the Second Temple period. The name corresponds to the Greek spelling Iesous, from which comes the English spelling Jesus.

Once again, I refer to him as Jesus, not Yashua Hamashia, or Yehoshuah. I'm not Jewish, I'm a gentile. I call him by the gentile ("other nations") english name. I know how I refer to him is correct for me, as I have called for him in the gentile name and was blessed.

Let's not confuse covenants with the law. There were three covenants from my understanding. One was with Abraham, one was with Moses, and one was with the body of Christ. Now the law was directed toward the nation/children of Isreal. Christians, by God's grace and mercy, are not bound by the law as Jesus fullfiled the law on our behalf. Jewish people are still working under the mosaic law as they have not recognise Jesus as Messiah. So, on some points I agree on others I don't. Some points (I know you addressed this) are not applicable to Christians. Thanks for the thread. Cheers.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't need a god to have hope in my life. And if you can't make your own hope, then I pity you.

As you pity him, know he is probibly praying for you.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat

And neither of those things will actually do or mean anything.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
B#ing about Christians and Christianity makes you no better than those you are seeking to ridicule.

YES, many religions have done terrible things in the name of "God" over the centuries. YES, a small minority of idiots are still stuck in the past and haven't quite figured out that everyone deserves equal rights yet. YES, there are elements of the Bible that are contradictory, paradoxical and farcical. But there are plenty of decent people who choose to label themselves "Christian" who do no harm; in fact, many do quite the opposite.

I would never make the mistake of labelling myself an atheist, either. To claim that you know there is no such thing as "God" is just as arrogant as claiming that you know there is. Really, you know no more than anyone else: a big fat nothing.

Perhaps if you spent your time and energy trying to make people feel good about themselves instead of playing the "you're stupid" game, you'd have a leg to stand on.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

hi - IF your claim is true - can you please persuade christiens to adehere to this ?

specificly , to whit :

cherry picking deuteronomy , leviticus and exodus

demanding public displays of the 10 commandments

thanks in advance

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90

Originally posted by Siberbat

And neither of those things will actually do or mean anything.

That's your opinion. You can't know if you presuppose that possibilities won't happen. See, I love talking to atheists. Most of them are intellegent articulate poeple. Many of them have very good intentions when they debate about the existance of God. The problem is, atheism is an intellectual argument for the hurt and lost. Atheism provides no comfort, hope, love, reason for kindness to others. It teaches that we are lost in a world in which we have no control over. It tricks people that evolution is not a hoax, that we rely on relative morality, and that the universe was created upon infinate past regression (which is impossible as it violates the Second Law of Theromdynamics). Atheism defys the Laws of Logic (Laws which have always exsisted and have nothing to do with evolution). How many drug addicts have recovered by reading Thomas Paine, how many broken lives have been healed by the writings of Ingersol, how many have been freed by the writing of Marx? The bible and following Jesus have done all of these things. So, one can be cynical, prideful, angery, and sit in the cold dark realm of athesim, or seek the warmth, grace, and mercy of the living God. It a choice, one that can only be accepted as a free gift, and not one which can be forced upon by the religious hypocrites.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousAchilles

I'm not B#ing about Christianity just stating my opinion and facts that support it. Isn't that what we are here for? Also I never called any one stupid those are your words.
I'm sorry if I offended any one.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

I am not an Atheist. I don't adhere to labels and don't appreciate being labeled. I think for my self and I am not cold or lonely. I personally think we are our own gods seeing how we make conscious decisions as to how we live our life.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho

Originally posted by micmerci
Point 6- The books that were omitted from the canon were done so because of Textual Criticism. This statement stands as the rebuttal of your point or do you believe that you possess more knowledge than the scores of textual criticism scholars that have dedicated their lives to authenticating writings from antiquity?

Please see the first post in which I already had a good idea of what your response would be.

I could go on, but I get his nagging feeling that some of the less rational members of this forum may get a little butt hurt.

Right, sometimes it's dangerous bringing up alternative ideas about Xtianity here on ATS. Take a look at my thread concerning Ilegitimate pastors: Non Accreditation..many persons are uninterested if not opposed to seeing pastors receive appropriate credentials and accreditation. The thread is in the Consipracy and Religions section like your thread. You can take a look at it if you want, at moments it can be somewhat interesting.

By the way, did you know that atheists and agnostics have the lowest percentage of divorce rate in the u.s.? I thought that was an interesting thing when I read it and posted it. The folks who seem to divorce the most are actually conservative Xtians..50% divorce rate, meaning that the foundation of members of those Xtian communities is actually very disrupted, or injured somehow. Don't know, but those are interesting statistics about atheists and agnostics if you ask me.

In the meantime, I was just thinking of something actually kind of humorous: imagine if the people who will in the end be "saved" and will remain as the "remnant," imagine if those persons wore unhappy, unkind, bitter frowns on their faces while showered in glowing light, making statements such as:

"Thou shall not have Abortions,"
"Thou shall not have Natural Love.." (in other words, same sex love,), " (By the way, if we look at animals, such as bison, antelope, deer, and dolphins, also numerous birds, "same-sex" love is absolutely NOT outside of Creationism.)!! I know I need to add that point in there concerning "Natural Love" as a commandment. The animals were made that way, and they are an important example of God's Creation, aren't they.

Eventually I thought to myself for a long moment... "Would I want to be saved with those types of people? People whose grins and frowns were forever embittered and unhappy that way.. of course not. It doesn't seem like a very happy never ending place to be for me!

I prefer Love Joy and Peace.. and those are the qualities that are missing from the light filled "remnant."

Anyhow! Here is a link to the post concerning Ilegitimate Pastors: Non-accreditation www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-5-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Do you think, as an atheist, that you'll ever give time to bash the religion of peace and talk about all their mistakes ? Or is it only the Christian God you have angst against. I mean it is a bit obvious what your doing, simply another rant against the Christians.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

I tend to be the sort who doesn't equate religion, the Bible, the Torah, The Quran, with necessarily a belief in God or a creator, for all the reasons you have described, not to mention I totally agree it is impossible to read the complete version, even know what may have been added or removed (the bible, that is), and see it as something to be taken more as a whole picture of repetitive history, some of which may have happened that way and some of which may not have happened that way at all.

So, my question to you, though, would be do you describe yourself as an atheist because of these "faults" of the texts and organized religion's total committment to something that may, in fact, be leading humanity completely astray, or do you just not believe in a Creator or the possibility of God, at all. Because I think it fairly obvious all these diferent translations are a way of culling humanity.....and surely cannot be what any loving God would have wanted done with His words.....

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho

3. Jesus would not have looked like he is always depicted.

By that, I mean the European and American depiction of Jesus. That tall, white male with clean robes and a neatly trimmed beard. The bible takes place in the middle east. Meaning he would have been darker skinned with brown hair and eyes. He would have been on the shorter side, averaging around 5'10". The bible is fairly vague on any physical description aside from saying he was pretty much average looking.

You can tell what Jesus looked like from his life story.

In and around Egypt back then there were people of all complexions, from the darkest to the fairest. You see this in the Egyptian paintings on walls of the period.

So, where did Jesus fit in this scheme?

To answer this, you need to know some basic key facts in religious doctrine.

According to the Buddhists, man suffers from three poisons: "greed", "anger", and "delusion".

All men suffer from these three things, but some suffer one poison more than the other two, making three basic groups of men standing among mankind. Let's call these three groups "Green", "Red", and "Blue".

Green men suffer mostly the poison of greed.
Red men suffer mostly the poison of anger.
Blue men suffer mostly the poison of delusion.

These are the three root races that make up mankind.

Yes, man is created. He didn't evolve. And when you understand the plan, you'll see the evidence right in front your eyes.

These three races of men walk about in plain sight everywhere, but most people don't recognize them. That is, people don't understand the poison they are suffering from. They think everybody is just like me. In fact, people are suffering from different levels of each of the three poisons.

Because man has these three poisons, the LORD brings punishments to help cure him of the malady, e.g.,

A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee: and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee; and I will scatter a third part into all the winds, and I will draw out a sword after them.

-- Ezekiel 5:12

several places in the bible list the "three" punishments, using variations on the wording. Famine for the greedy,
war for the angry, and persecution for the deluded. That last third "I will scatter ... and draw out a sword after them" is causing them to run about in fear of hurt, i.e. mentally persecuting them, because they are deluded.

Greed -- Lord's cure = famine
Anger -- Lord's cure = war
Delusion - Lord's cure = persecution

The old testimant LORD was a bit harsh, in his methods, and Jesus brought in a more gentle cure, which the New Testiment renders...

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

-- 1 Corinthians 13:13

The three antidotes to the poisons: faith, hope, charity, help to cure man of the poisons,,

Greed -- christian antidote = charity
Anger -- christian antidote = hope
Delusion -- christian antidote = faith

Now we could go on and analyze things in more depth, but at the moment we're only interested in determining what Jesus must have looked like. And from these things we can determine his appearance.

The "Green" men, who suffer from the poison of "Greed", are easily identified being those most likely to experiences famine, and "lack of things" in general. The "Red" men, who suffer from the poison of "Anger", are easily identified being those most likely to experiences war, conflicts and fighting. And the "Blue" men, who suffer from the poison of "Delusion", are easily identified being those most likely to complain of being persecuted for their beliefs and their ideas.

Now look at the life of Jesus, and pick which of these three poisons you think his Father, who is the LORD, made him suffer while here on earth?

If you think Jesus mostly experienced famine, then Jesus must be one of the "Green" men.
If you think Jesus mostly experienced war, then Jesus must be one of the "Red" men.
If you think Jesus mostly experienced persecution, then Jesus must be one of the "Blue" men.

I'll let you decide, which of the three root races, you think Jesus would have more in common with.

Once you understand the "design", you find the answers to many questions yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join