It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything You Wanted To Know About AboveTopSecret.com, But Were Too Scared To Ask!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
We've all heard about the people who own websites and have become incredibly wealthy with the site's success. I've heard it so much that I have become very curious about how lucrative these popular sites can be.

It sounds easy enough... open a cool website with a desirable product and, voila, YOU ARE RICH!!!

It sounds too-good-to-be-true and, like most things that produce this feeling, it is! A lot goes into a site like ATS, and it could never be successfully managed with only a couple people.

I think we've all had questions like this cross our minds, I know I have. Whether we feel the questions are in poor taste, they weren't important enough to search for the answers, or maybe the answers seemed to hard to find, most of us have never searched to answer the questions.

Would you like to see some of those answers?

Sure you would! So, here.... we..... go!!!:

AboveTopSecret.com is 15 years, 5 months, and 13 days old

World-Wide Site Traffic Rank:

Majority Location of Members:

1st - United States of America
2nd - United Kingdon
3rd - India
4th - Canada
5th - Australia

Website Trust and Credibility:

ATS Ranks Near Perfect in the Following Categories

-Trust and Safety
-Seller Reliability
-Privacy
-Child Safety

Top 12 Keywords on Search Engines:

1- top secret
2- conspiracy theories
3- ats
4- mind control
5- abovetopsecret
6- theory
7- conspiracy
8- global information network
9- project enoch
10- conspiracy theory
11- checkered floor
12- collier

Domain Information:

Abovetopsecret.com

Register Date: 1997-05-18

Update Date: 2007-04-22

Expire Date: 2015-05-19

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.

Server Information:

Website Ipaddress: 75.126.76.151

Server Location: United States,Texas,Dallas,AS36351 SoftLayer Technologies Inc.

Server Type: Apache

Web Server: [Apache]

Website Popularity:

Facebook Likes: 785

Google Plus Shares: 141

AboveTopSecret.com Staff:

Founder: SimonGray
CEO & Community Director: Bill (SkepticOverlord)
COO & Marketing Director: Mark (Springer)
CFO Stephen (Crakeur)
Executive Admin: Djarums
Administrator: 12m8keall2c
Administrator: Majic
Admin Emeritus: William One Sac

"Super" Moderators:

AboveTopSecret.com, ADVISOR, alien, asala, AshleyD, Byrd, chissler, dbates, DJDOHBOY, DontTreadOnMe, elevatedone, FredT, GAOTU789, Gazrok, Gemwolf, Hellmutt, intrepid, JacKatMtn, JAK, kinglizard, kosmicjack, maria_stardust, masqua, Mirthful Me, neformore, niteboy82, sanctum, Sauron, semperfortis, The Vagabond, TheBandit795, worldwatcher, yeahright,

Forum Moderators:

Ahabstar, argentus, ArMaP, Asktheanimals, ATSmediaPRO, Ayana, benevolent tyrant, Blaine91555, burdman30ott6, davespanners, defcon5, Dr Love, Extralien, gallopinghordes, GENERAL EYES, GradyPhilpott, greeneyedleo, Hefficide, Jbird, JohnnyAnonymous, JustMike, Kandinsky, Maxmars, Nerdling, nyk537, parrhesia, Rising Against, seagull, Silk, Skyfloating, spacedoubt, Spiderj, TheBorg, TheRedneck, tothetenthpower, WikiEditor, WyrdeOne, xpert11

ATS Functioning Statistics:

- Total Posts: 16,277,795

- Total Topics: 933,826

- Total Members: 283,637

- 3,981 new posts in the past 24 hours

- 32,044 new posts in the past 7 days

- 156,950 new posts in the past 30 days

- 104 new topics in the past 24 hours

- 927 new topics in the past 7 days

- 4,435 new topics in the past 30 days

- 2,882 guests visiting right now.

- 336 members logged in right now

- 3,550 members visited in the past 24 hours

- 981 members posted in the past 24 hours

- 3,014 members posted in the past 7 days

- Most logged-in members on ATS at one time:
1,196 on Aug 23 2011 @ 19:45 GMT.

- Most registed members on ATS in one day:
7,098 on Aug 24 2011 @ 08:30 GMT

- Most new posts on ATS in one day:
13,258 on Apr 20 2013 @ 04:15 GMT.

_____Now, For What You've All Been Waiting For!!! **Drum Roll**_____

Financial Summary (estimated):

- Monthly Ads Revenue: $87,237.00

- Net worth: $1,050,000.00

There you have it ATS, the answers to some of the questions that many have wondered about!

Click Here for a Detailed Summary
Clicke Here for Even More Detailed Statistics, Found on ATS' Forum Directory Page

* I can't be positive the information is entirely accurate. I used the links included above for all the stats

edit on 18-5-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. This might sound stupid but can someone tell me what the "W" and the "K" mean in my mini profile?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Thanks for the reply.

I am not certain about the W and K... I believe the W is WATS, maybe?

I am sure someone will pop in soon and let us know.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Great info except for a little tidbit that many are aware of but are just too shy to acknowledge:

Most attractive, likeable, cute, intelligent, glorious and humble member of all time:

Jude11

Peace

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Dallas, Texas?

Well who would've known. Small world

$1M net worth doesn't seem like much.

link   
reply to post by jude11

Well, I didn't want anyone to think I am biased, so I left individual member ranks out!

Everyone should feel free to nominate themselves, or others, for the category they are tops in.

link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by Phoenix267

Thanks for the reply.

I am not certain about the W and K... I believe the W is WATS, maybe?

I am sure someone will pop in soon and let us know.

WATS: Way Above Top Secret

Peace

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
WATS and Karma. Both mystical voodoo that once held special meaning when super powers beyond us mere mortals would provoke the gods and recite incantations, in reply to the mysterious combinations of words put together that enabled lesser beings to communicate effectively to one another.

Or iirc, they used to reflect if you've been a good cookie. Way Above Top Secret? and karma I think is what drove over the guys neighbours dogma before he shot it and buried it in his garden and everyone got 404'd for playing along.

And OP, there is something amiss from those statistics.

Not a single mention of that devious snake that preys on the unsuspecting and innocent, who pounces without notice on the unashamed and prolific.. or is it best left out, lest you arouse the slithering sinister serpent from it's early morning slumber? Ahhh...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I once posted who I thought really owned ats and they trashed my post. I guess Lord Lucan still doesn't want to be found.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Never! I'll leave the creepy crawly things among the grass for other members to mention at their own peril!

reply to post by VoidHawk

Haha, all in good time VH!

Thanks for the comments

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Financial Summary (estimated):

- Net worth: $1,050,000.00

Some of this does conflict with what we were told yesterday in another thread.

this website earns $269.17 per day from advertising revenue
and we appraise it in $128621.76.

AboveTopSecret.com is 15 years, 5 months, and 13 days old

The age of abovetopsecret.com is 15 years 11 months.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Here is the site with some of the info used for this thread:

Click here to view the stat page

The member mentions that making $$ is number 1 (which I don't know why anyone would do this if they were losing money!), but, based on the numbers they shared, it would seem that making money is not working out so well...

The only way to be sure is if one of the site owners or managing officers divulged the true financials. Personally, I think the numbers in this thread more closely represent ATS' true financial make up

edit on 18-5-2013 by esteay812 because: it was licking me!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

How many ads run on ATS per month? 20? 50? 500? It still doesn't add up. What advertising agency would PAY that every month!???

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Cool info. ATS is by far my favorite site in the whole universe of the internet.

Here is one fun fact: ATS's Favorite Icelandic Member

VERSE

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Ya Langley sure has been busy and I only get this went i'am on here

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just shy of $90,000 a month on ad revenue? That's pretty low to what I could have guessed..... I guess the Ad programs aren't what they used to be. I'm also going to make a wild guess and say that just breaks even...if that much. I'd hate to see liability insurance alone on a set up like this, let alone overhead and direct costs. Add in the little joys like unexpected costs to troll attacks, such as the recent DDOS spree? Now I'm thinking it's lucky to be on a break even point.

I used to love people's reaction when they asked what I made as an owner operator, trucker. Why, I'd proudly declare, I made between $150,000 and $175,000 a year! Not bad eh? ......and if half the people knew the real difference between Net and Gross, the joke implied there wouldn't even be funny. It's the fact that most don't, that always brings a laugh.
edit on 19-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, I thought so as well Wrabbit, but I am very green to it. It seems that so many unique visits and the variety of advertisers should produce a larger advert gross.

Though it may just seem like it should be more. I don't know who ATS employs, or how large their costs + payroll obligations are. If it is limited to the ATS staff (excluding Super Moderators and simple Moderators), assuming the site costs no more than $10,000/month to operate, then the advert money may produce a decent income...

+$88,000
-$10,000
+$78,000

7 ATS Staff members divide $78,000 among them (based as an equal share per staffer, but realizing it is most probably not). Shows the average staffer earns $11,150.00 U.S.D. per month, or $133,800.00 - before taxing.

That's a decent salary, but I would imagine it isn't divided =y. Top end staffers could earn beyond $200,000.00 each, while lower end emps could bring in around $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 each.

I understand these #'s aren't verified, and have the potential to be completely wrong and/or improperly evaluated.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Although it sounds like a lot, many marketing agencies pay astronomically more than this to advertise, based on the unique site traffic volume and their in-site saturation.

Marketing costs a lot and marketers are willing to pay those big advert fees. My brother owns a sales based company that pays, during high-season, $30,000/day on the weekends and $15,000/day through the week. (if you're curious about the type of business he has... it's a large timeshare resort.) They pay $250-$300 to the marketing company for each couple they send to tour the resort. 100+ tours on the weekend, 50-100 tours weekdays.

The marketing company give each couple who tours the resort a gift for their time. Generally each couple will receive $100 cash, a $50 restaurant gift cert., and/or a return 3/2 night vacation cert. Average gifts amount to +/-$200-$250/couple. That leaves the marketing company to make an avg of $75 each tour - or $7,500/day.

It sounds insane to pay that much for advertising, how could a proffit ever be made like this? Simple, the daily sales volume averages between $90,000 -$150,000/day - with an avg of 13% of that paid to the reps for commissions.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
thanks for sharing!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join