It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$600 Million Power ball what would you do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

You won't make it to my never-ending doggie ball until you cross the centipede moat.
edit on 5/18/2013 by Slugworth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

I have seen what most people think of as centipedes, and they make me laugh. The centipedes where I grew up used to get stomped on, which made them laugh. Apparently it tickled.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

These are going to be big venomous ones.....also in formal wear. BE AFRAID!!!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I would put back about 10 million for my son. Give my family each a million (mother, father, sister, and in-laws). Keep some for my wife and I and give the rest away.

To be honest my wife and I could easily retire on 1 million. I would certainly get a lot of time to fossil collect in a lot of locations.

Almost forgot to mention I would pay off my bills, and then go out and spend a lot of time collecting fossils. I would also get my Subaru Outback lifted a few inches to get me around a few more places. I like to keep it simple.

Raist

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

There is nothing magical about winning a lottery, there are infinite possibile number sequences to win but YOU shift to a reality where YOUR numbers win and in some reality SOME other persons sequence of numbers win. You get my drift ATS?

How does one person win the lottery again and again? Richard Lustig says he knows. In "Learn How to Increase Your Chances of Winning the Lottery," Lustig -- who has won the grand prize seven times -- shares the strategy he calls "the winning lottery method."

How One Man Became a Serial Lottery Winner

or this guy......

Melvyn Wilson won $500,000 in the Virginia lottery in 2004, so it was a surprise when he won $25,000 five months later. Six months after that, he scratched off a card to win $1 million. He retired shortly afterward, but the money keeps coming in for the 72-year-old former postal worker: Wilson has now won another $500,000. This was from Virginia's $20-a-ticket "Millionaire Mania,"

Virginia Man Wins $500K in Lottery ... for 3rd Time

Seguro Ndabene, a father of three who lives in Airdrie, Alberta started his winning streak in 2004 when he won $1 million. He then won $100,000 in the Super 7 lotto in 2006, another $1 million and then $50,000 in 2008, and then the big one, $17 million in January 2009. It is his latest winning that has generated so much hoopla and resulted in litigation when a second party claimed the winning ticket was actually jointly purchased.

EX-MOZAMBIQUAN RESIDING IN CANADA WINS THE LOTTERY 5 TIMES!

Something magical is happening to these people, thats for sure!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Buy a loaf of bread and a pack of bologna and enjoy it realizing it will be the last one I will ever eat.

Like saying goodbye to a lifelong companion
edit on 18-5-2013 by Terminal1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I would need to buy a ticket however if I had such a windfall I would set up neighborhood libraries. Like 1 per development.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Oh, I forgot one thing.
I strongly suspect I have at least two STDs that I sorta just ignore.

With that sorta money I could probably buy cures!

Seriously though, ATS would get some money because I believe strongly in this site's mission. I would also give money to various charities. Wonded vets and the like.

All told I would give away more than half of the 375,000,000 payout. I would do so mostly through charitable donations to avoid tax liabilities the best I could. I would buy all my family's land, upgrade their homes, and sell it back to them for 1.00 dollar with brand new vehicles in the garage. I would set up trust funds for my children, enough for college at 18 and then a handsome amount to be accessed at the age of30. I would give my ex wife 5 million dollars and then I would open a deli/bar me and my bro have been dreaming about and let him run it for the first half a year or so.
First month I would party like a rock star all over the world, maybe two months, and next four my kids and I would go wherever they wanted to go. No expense spared.

After all that I would work at the bar part time and devote a lot more time to my children first and my hobbies second.

ETA: I would also hire "people" to talk to other peoples" "people" JUST SO I could buy J.K. Rowling lunch and pick her brain for a couple hours. I have roughly 1,000 questions I would like to ask her.
edit on 18-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

There is nothing magical about winning a lottery, there are infinite possibile number sequences to win but YOU shift to a reality where YOUR numbers win and in some reality SOME other persons sequence of numbers win. You get my drift ATS?

How does one person win the lottery again and again? Richard Lustig says he knows. In "Learn How to Increase Your Chances of Winning the Lottery," Lustig -- who has won the grand prize seven times -- shares the strategy he calls "the winning lottery method."

How One Man Became a Serial Lottery Winner

or this guy......

Melvyn Wilson won $500,000 in the Virginia lottery in 2004, so it was a surprise when he won $25,000 five months later. Six months after that, he scratched off a card to win $1 million. He retired shortly afterward, but the money keeps coming in for the 72-year-old former postal worker: Wilson has now won another $500,000. This was from Virginia's $20-a-ticket "Millionaire Mania,"

Virginia Man Wins $500K in Lottery ... for 3rd Time

Seguro Ndabene, a father of three who lives in Airdrie, Alberta started his winning streak in 2004 when he won $1 million. He then won $100,000 in the Super 7 lotto in 2006, another $1 million and then $50,000 in 2008, and then the big one, $17 million in January 2009. It is his latest winning that has generated so much hoopla and resulted in litigation when a second party claimed the winning ticket was actually jointly purchased.

EX-MOZAMBIQUAN RESIDING IN CANADA WINS THE LOTTERY 5 TIMES!

Something magical is happening to these people, thats for sure!

Magical indeed...they know the formula and they apply it willingly. I applaud them.

eta: Thanks for proving my point and backing it up with a source. You get a star my friend

edit on 18-5-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Obviously, a clone army of myself.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
last week a friend and I bought a few quick picks for the powerball, we had 4 numbers that were 1 off in one line, but not the bonus #...... but if we win tonight... definitely lay low, no talking to the press, no press conferences.

pay off bills help my family...help my community.....definitely take lump sum..

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I would just buy a nice and comfortable RV and cruise around America the rest of my life..

no worries and no problems....

that's it, that's all I would do...
edit on 18-5-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Pay off my house & property - $70,000
Pay off my new truck - $16,000
Buy the wife a new vehicle - $40,000??
Buy a 16' car hauler
Buy a 29' toy hauler
Build a large garage / shop (have it built)

Give every person I work with $250,000 (8 people)
Pay off my mothers house
Pay off my brothers house
Start a trust fund for my 3 grand kids & 1 niece
Pay off my one daughters house
buy the other 4 kids houses

Buy some gold - $100,000?
Buy some silver - $100,000?

The rest in savings divided between a few US banks and a few foreign banks.

Keep about $100,000 on hand at home in the safe.

Oh, yeah...... I may have Aerosmith play at my next birthday party....

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have decided I'm going to take $700K and buy this.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
2 chicks at the same time. Office Space was a classic. Honestly though, I would give a lot of it away, no doubt about it. NOBODY needs that much money. Nobody needs even a fraction of that. I could not, in good conscience, have that much money in my bank account while people are starving all over the world, while people are cold without a place to live, etc. Money can truly do good in our twisted society, and I would feel great if I had that type of money to help people out with. I would keep some, especially for emergencies, but the vast majority I would just give away. With that kind of money I would probably start my own charity organization, since I cannot trust some other organization to do what I want them to with the money.

Actually, you know, with that kind of money I might try this: I would buy an island somewhere, and start my own society. I think I could pull that off with that much money. I would institute my own government, legal system, etc, and would show that a perfect society could be achieved. It would be Communist basically, with a few changes here and there. I would basically experiment with various systems until I found something that worked, and found the best way to do things. I would invite people to live there as well, but only a certain amount of people. I would like to have an island that had some form of natural resources, but what I would probably do to provide jobs is build some type of manufacturing system, make certain things and then export them.

Everyone would work to their abilities, and everyone would own the means of production. Also, there would not be the same inequality we see today. Not everyone would have the same amount of everything, but it would be much closer that what we see between the rich and poor today. And I would start out by instituting a government, but this government would have certain things that could never be changed, like our Bill of Rights should be today in the US. Like I said, I would experiment. I don't know that I would live there, but I probably would at first, for a while, so I could deal with and solve any major problems that crept up. So ya, those are some things I would like to do if I had that much money. There are other things that I think would be cool and that would help people, but I have limited space, and it would take a lot to write out all of these ideas.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Winning Powerball lottery numbers announced: 22, 10, 13, 14, 52 & Powerball 11 - @NBCNews

My tickets are at home...not sure if I won or not yet.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
lol, I could buy the local ball team and have enough left over to last a lifetime! I would be the most-ejected owner in the history of baseball.

ESPN/Forbes Franchise Values

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I never buy a ticket but am thinking about investing $2 for a chance; small chance, no chance,
reply to post by 727Sky

I have convinced myself that when the odds are astronomical, they automatically revert back to 50/50. Either you win, or you don't.

I don't.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
All those tickets, and we matched one number here and there. *sigh* I guess we have to drive a while longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join