It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Says No Presidential Authorization Needed To Quell “Civil Disturbances”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Listen up.

I know that a lot of people don't want me to keep posting this stuff. I get it. Really.

In fact I can almost guarantee which members will come running to this thread and call me a paranoid, tin foil hat wearing lunatic because I just won't fall in line and listen to the arguments of "It's for our safety" "Think of the children" "The US is only trying to make the World safe for everyone" Blah, Blah.

So I'll save myself a lot of time and the trolls/shills as well....I don't care what you think, believe or are being paid to push. You will not win.

First of all, let's get to the meat of it all. The US is currently under a potential coup. FACT. TPTB are re-writing the laws, Constitution, ...trashing liberties and freedoms. And how many people are actually listening/aware of what is happening to their Country? Not enough IMO.

What is it going to take? How long does it take to Re-Teach and actually smack people over their heads in order for them to understand that what they thought was their comfort net of being a citizen of the US (Remember? Rah-Rah...USA! USA! USA!) is actually and has always been the plan of brainwashing/Indoctrination...and millions have fallen for it?

So let's have a closer look shall we? And remember to look at the authenticity of the sources. Don't believe what I am saying but rather dig deeper and follow these sources.

www.globalresearch.ca...
May 17, 2013 A recent Department of Defense instruction alters the US code applying to the military’s involvement in domestic law enforcement by allowing US troops to quell “civil disturbances” domestically without any Presidential authorization, greasing the skids for a de facto military coup in America along with the wholesale abolition of Posse Comitatus.

(3) When permitted under emergency authority in accordance with Reference (c), Federal military commanders have the authority, in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the President is impossible and duly constituted local authorities are unable to control the situation, to engage temporarily in activities that are necessary to quell large-scale, unexpected civil disturbances because: (a) Such activities are necessary to prevent significant loss of life or wanton destruction of property and are necessary to restore governmental function and public order; or, (b) When duly constituted Federal, State, or local authorities are unable or decline to provide adequate protection for Federal property or Federal governmental functions. Federal action, including the use of Federal military forces, is authorized when necessary to protect Federal property or functions.

“It’s quite shocking actually because it violates the long-standing presumption that the military is under civilian control,” Bruce Afran, a civil liberties attorney and constitutional law professor at Rutgers University, told Long Island Press, adding that the rule change represents “a wanton power grab by the military.” Afran pulled no punches in comparing the move to what happened in Nazi Germany under similar decrees, noting that it hands, “emergency power to the military to rule over parts of the country at their own discretion.”

Washington Post: 20,000 troops stationed in US to Bolster Domestic Security:
www.washingtonpost.com...
Anyone still believe that this hasn't been on the books for a very long time? They know we are getting fed up with their elitist control and it's only a matter of time. They are gearing up and many of us see it coming.

Back in 2008, U.S. troops returning from Iraq were earmarked for “homeland patrols” with one of their roles including helping with “civil unrest and crowd control”. A report produced that same year by the U.S. Army War College’s Strategic Institute warned that the United States may experience massive civil unrest in the wake of a series of crises which it termed “strategic shock.”

Further reading if interested:
www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil...

Let's throw in www.globalresearch.ca...
Rex 84: FEMA’s Blueprint for Martial Law in America

” These camps are to be operated by FEMA should martial law need to be implemented in the United States and all it would take is a presidential signature on a proclamation and the attorney general’s signature on a warrant to which a list of names is attached.”

And there you have it ~ the real purpose of FEMA is to not only protect the government but to be its principal vehicle for martial law.

Another?

US Suspends Constitution in Permanent World War on Terror

Two disturbing developments have occurred in the last couple of days that have gone relatively unnoticed compared to the recent IRS, AP, and Benghazi scandals. First, the senate is debating an expansion of the already broad powers of the 2001 Authorization to Use Military Force (AUMF) so the U.S. can essentially engage any area in the world in the war on terror, including America.

Which brings us to the second development: the Pentagon has recently granted itself police powers on American soil.

Need a Senator on Video stating that the Constitution has and is being re-written without YOUR knowledge? Right under your noses while you are looking at Benghazi, Syria, Israel, Fast & Furious...the IRS...and on and on and on...

Quick! Look over there! (While we do this over here)

The Military is getting stronger in their powers and it's all being supported by an over-sized Govt. that is NOT taking all of these measures for YOUR protection but rather to protect itself for the time when the people in a majority number...WAKE UP!

It's going to happen and the only thing I hope is that it happens now rather than tomorrow.

I only ask the question I have been asking since joining ATS...

"If I'm wrong, no harm done...But what if YOU are wrong? Are you prepared?"

Peace

edit on 18-5-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
May 17, 2013 A recent Department of Defense instruction alters the US code applying to the military’s involvement in domestic law enforcement...

This thread here from a few days ago.
its not quite as black and white as your story makes it to be.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
S&F because this needs attention so FLAG this thread people!!

Sadly I fear its already too late. In the uk I now see privatized security forces roaming our streets, and recently I came across a bunch of youths all wearing a uniform and carrying a note pad. They were searching the streets for anyone or anything to write about in their notepads, it made me think of the Hitler youth who reported anyone and anything to the nazi's.

+7 more 
posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

May 17, 2013 A recent Department of Defense instruction alters the US code applying to the military’s involvement in domestic law enforcement...

This thread here from a few days ago.
its not quite as black and white as your story makes it to be.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

First, it's NOT a "Story".

Secondly. Black and White is EXACTLY what we are facing. Remember Bush? "Either you're with us or against us."

Well, if he can lay down black or white, why do we have to stay in the gray? It's either right or wrong IMO.

Peace

edit on 17-5-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
My punctured heart goes out to you Jude, and first responder...
so far.
But the choir is already singing to a great ocean of who might
just as well be zombies with cable bills.

This is why I don't have too much hope in the recent scandals
getting under any of the GPs skin, even if the whole media
magically transform into Clark Kent without the fake personna.

They haven't needed any stinking badges since the last twenty
or so E.O.s:, much less anything the military is doing over the
table because of "Whatya gonna do about it?" Chicago Style.

That Military/ Industrial / Banking coup took deadly hold 50
years ago this November when the Real Mob painted Deely
Plaza with Jack from the sinuses on up... on TV.
America got real scared way down inside that day, and it's
been cultivated and capitalized on ever since. We know it.

But one ray of hope... that Chinese kid stopping the tank
proved that maybe the second last thing through any real
patriot's head is "WTH, dead's better than here."
A lot of us-- A LOT aren't there yet. Pray for a Colonels Coup.
edit on 17-5-2013 by derfreebie because: Typo...typical

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
S&F because this needs attention so FLAG this thread people!!

Sadly I fear its already too late. In the uk I now see privatized security forces roaming our streets, and recently I came across a bunch of youths all wearing a uniform and carrying a note pad. They were searching the streets for anyone or anything to write about in their notepads, it made me think of the Hitler youth who reported anyone and anything to the nazi's.

Thanks.

I am so frustrated, sick and tired of blind, brainwashed sheep being led to the pens with absolutely no idea of why.

I'm not angry with the sheep but actually starting to feel scared and sad for those that are too far gone. I guess I'll just keep posting in the hope that 1 or 2 pick up on the message and actually dig a little deeper than the MSM for the truth.

Then it's worth it...right?

Peace

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfreebie
My punctured heart goes out to you Jude, and first responder...
so far.
But the choir is already singing to a great ocean of who might
just as well be zombies with cable bills.

This is why I don't have too much hope in the recent scandals
getting under any of the GPs skin, even if the whole media
magically transform into Clark Kent without the fake personna.

They haven't needed any stinking badges since the last twenty
or so E.O.s:, much less anything the military is doing over the
table because of "Whatya gonna do about it?" Chicago Style.

That Military/ Industrial / Banking coup took deadly hold 50
years ago this November when the Real Mob painted Deely
Plaza with Jack from the sinuses on up... on TV.
America got real scared way down inside that day, and it's
been cultivated and capitalized on ever since. We know it.

But one ray of hope... that Chinese kid stopping the tank
proved that maybe the second last thing through any real
patriot's head is "WTH, dead's better than here."
A lot of us-- A LOT aren't there yet. Pray for a Colonels Coup.
edit on 17-5-2013 by derfreebie because: Typo...typical

I see that you "Get it"

And thanks for your words. It's always easier to post these threads when a few come out and say "Hell Yeah"! before the more than few come out and say "At least we're safer now" or "Are you insane?"

Peace

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Don't know who is calling you paranoid, but this is one of the reasons I joined ATS.

Thanks for the info, I'm giving you a S&F if no one else dose.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I'm not angry with the sheep but actually starting to feel scared and sad for those that are too far gone.

That's the real power they hold over us. Too many simply refuse to believe whats GOING to happen to them.

Keep posting, some of us are awake

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I swear we Americans won't wake the hell even if this was our last hour of freedom.

The government doesn't want to lose their power so they will continue to flex their power and make average middle to learn to be obedient at all cost.

Its going to take street thugs with street smarts with street guns to fight these fools if we're going to continue our freedom..look im just staying because Johnny Smith who lives across the street with the shiny pink house isnt going to do nothing but slap on more bumper stickers and support this crap.

All im saying is America isnt ready and never will be and as long we keep voting for these people into power ever two to four years we will continue to be dumb down and strip bucket-naked of everything we got.

I myself have no faith in this country whatsoever..NONE.

What choices do we have?

By the way op, s+f for you.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I'm not angry with the sheep but actually starting to feel scared and sad for those that are too far gone.

That's the real power they hold over us. Too many simply refuse to believe whats GOING to happen to them.

Keep posting, some of us are awake

Thank you!

Believe me when I say that I will ABSOLUTELY keep posting my opinions, beliefs and convictions on ATS. And what people think or believe in me being paranoid, disillusioned or completely wrong....I don't care. I've proven that over the term of my membership.

Because in the end, I know what is coming down even if many don't.

Peace

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Anyone still believe that this hasn't been on the books for a very long time? They know we are getting fed up with their elitist control and it's only a matter of time. They are gearing up and many of us see it coming.

And there you have it ~ the real purpose of FEMA is to not only protect the government but to be its principal vehicle for martial law.

I have considered these ideas in light of the Boston bombing manhunt. I have found nothing in the media to indicate that the manhunt was commanded by FEMA's Massachusetts HQ, MEMA. Nor is there mention of MEMA's role in the manhunt on MEMA's own site.

Here is a transcription from the scanner of the MEMA announcement of Boston's lockdown, as heard over all police radios, during the manhunt.

THIS IS MEMA STATE CONTROL WITH AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT. DUE TO THE ONGOING MANHUNT FOR A PERSON WANTED IN CONNECTION WITH MONDAY'S MARATHON BOMBING, ALL MBTA SERVICES, BUSES, AND SUBWAYS HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. PERSONS SHOULD NOT GO OR CONGREGATE AT TRANSPORTATION STATIONS. RESIDENTS IN WATERTOWN, NEWTON, WALTON, BELMONT, CAMBRIDGE, AND THE (?) AND BRIGHTON NEIGHBORHOODS OF BOSTON ARE ADVISED TO STAY INDOORS. RESIDENTS SHOULD REMAIN AND NOT ANSWER THE DOOR UNLESS IT IS A POLICE OFFICER AND ARE ADVISED TO STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS. ALL BUSINESSES IN THESE TOWNS REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT CONGREGATE OUTSIDE. RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES SHOULD MONITOR MEDIA FOR FURTHER INFORMATION. AGAIN THIS IS MEMA STATE CONTROL WITH AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT. (repeat)

Upon hearing this, a couple of thoughts occurred to me. I imagined being Joe street beat LEO, and hearing this announcement from the top. And it is suddenly upon my duty- without question or due process of chain of command- to enforce at least one directive which is contrary to the Bill of Rights. In this case, one is our right to congregate.
I secondly wondered, if these 9000 LEO's, operating by FEMA's dictate, had been making mass arrests, to what agency would the prisoner's custody be ultimately taken?

Indeed, since I heard the MEMA announce over police radio, I have considered that the Federal Government's
place in local, domestic policing is already established. FEMA seems to be the agency through by which the federal government may physically affect local, internal issues, such as "quelling domestic disturbances."

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Government is nothing but a corporation – an enterprise operation that treats people no differently than cattle in its consideration of the governed.
Think tanks and authors who make this distinction quite clear; that people are nothing but profit and loss commodities for governments disposal.
Improving kill-ammunition ratios determining local choice between precision and saturation bombing.
The shortcomings of war as a mechanism of selective population control.

Internet Matrix – a symbol of reality digitally presented by the corporate power elite to pacify and entertain; maintaining the anger and ultimate frustration of an entire sub-culture within a tightly corked artificial bottle and restraining any real action or solution within as the real world and government carries on without legal challenge.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So , Scenario No. 1

U.S. Troops patroling the streets in Major U.S. Cities during a Time when the Federal Goverment deems it necessary to Declare Martial Law for some Reason . Curfews are Posted , and some U.S. Citizens decide to disregard them therefore causing a Confrontation with said patroling Troops . Angry words are exchanged from both sides over the Alledged Justification of Martial Law eventually leading to some trigger happy soldier firing his weapon in the vicinity of some Man , Woman , or Child . Someone dies of a Mortal Wound and a Riot then ensues . More people are shot , and the Military claims that they were just Defending themselves against hostiles .

How would the MAJORITY of American Citizens React to such a Possible incident ? What could they do to bring Justice to those that Perished , write a freakin' letter to their Congressman , Or.............?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

How would the MAJORITY of American Citizens React to such a Possible incident ? What could they do to bring Justice to those that Perished , write a freakin' letter to their Congressman , Or.............?

Why write letters to those who don't even read their own mail?

This approach might have worked in the past when they were actually elected fairly, responded to their voters and not bought and paid for.

No, the letter writing approach doesn't work anymore. The only approach that can work now is actual people taking to the streets in numbers too large to quell by any force IMO.

It will happen. Just waiting for the time.
I have faith.

Peace

edit on 18-5-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Bloodshed has NEVER Solved Anything between Human Beings other than Slavery or Death .

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'll paint a picture for you that I think this is trying to address.

Say for whatever reason, riots break out in Beaufort, SC. Beaufort does not have a large or well trained or equipped police force. But Beaufort does have several thousand Marines stationed there at the Air-station and Parris Island.

The rioters are killing people, looting and burning the place to the ground. The police are completely overwhelmed.

Would you rather have the Marines stand behind their gates and watch innocent people die?
Or would you expect them to restore order?
edit on 18-5-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by jude11

I'll paint a picture for you that I think this is trying to address.

Say for whatever reason, riots break out in Beaufort, SC. Beaufort does not have a large or well trained or equipped police force. But Beaufort does have several thousand Marines stationed there at the Air-station and Parris Island.

The rioters are killing people, looting and burning the place to the ground. The police are completely overwhelmed.

Would you rather have the Marines stand behind their gates and watch innocent people die?
Or would you expect them to restore order?
edit on 18-5-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

I knew this line would pop up in this thread.

I would expect the Marines to stand by the Constitution...Period.

Because when a marine is given the freedom to establish order, they do it at the cost of more lives than civilians will take. Will people call in tanks, drones etc? No. But when the Marines do it will escalate to that scenario.

Let the people figure it out for themselves...you might be surprised. But then again, you seem to be one that would welcome the Armed forces riding through your streets and play grounds. Good Luck with that.

Give an inch from the people and the mile will be taken by the Govt.

Peace

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

No.

I have been in the Marine Corps. since before Sept. 11 2001.

Under no circumstances would I fire upon American civilians if ordered to do so by my chain of command. And I would be the one to have to tell the guys on the ground to open fire. I assure you it is not going to happen.

But there are ways to use overwhelming numbers to stop rioting without resorting to lethal force.
Despite what we see cops doing with their rubber bullets and tear gas, there are better ways. I've seen and done it.

As a human being, I would be compelled to do the right thing.

With that being said, 9 times out of 10 I agree with you. The military has no business policing America.
But it has been my experience, that when dealing with people, the exception tends to be the rule.

I also know how the military thinks, every possible situation gets planned for. So it makes sense to me that they would come up with something to keep the military legally protected as much as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I distrust the Govt. as much as anyone else. And yes, I do see the potential for something to go horribly wrong in a situation such as that.

But remember that the military is made up of Americans too. And we do try to do the right thing 99% of the time like anyone else.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude11, please keep posting. Some of us respect your threads and appreciate your words.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join