It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Rock Anomaly Threads. Who S&Fs these things?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This thread is rocks.

Remember Arken's thread with the spine? People wanted everyone to contact the media, to get scientists and other -ists to look at the picture and analyze it. Even skeptics were saying "...even I can see something in this". So what happened? Did any -ists look at it and trumpet it to the world? Not that I know of. So that leaves people here to star and flag what we thought was an interesting discovery of interestingly positioned rocks. And how can you forget Hugo? Most of us loved Hugo, and want ATS to make models or sculptures of it and sell them at your local ATS store down the block.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I missed that one!

Who or what was "Hugo"?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman

I missed that one!

Who or what was "Hugo"?

Ah, then you are in for a treat. I don't have time now to find the thread, one of Arken's, but you'll probably recognize the little guy when you see him (or her). If nobody links it I'll do so later. Much later. Later on Mars Standard Time.
edit on 19-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

You're right...

I will always take a look at the threads and noticed that the majority of responses were negative, yet the threads have so many stars and flags.

Odd.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
May I present "Hiugo", the lovable (and probably huntable) Mars icon. We don't know what he feeds on as yet, as he hasn't moved for awhile. Slow metabolism due to the amount of sunlight and atmospheric conditions. It will though, just keep watching. Hugo! (presented by Arken):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I really enjoy the Mars threads. Chances are I am one of those who star and flag them, and I am not afraid to admit it. Mars is an awesome place, totally new to us (as in seeing first hand pictures from it's surface), and anything could be on it's surface.

I am all for people trying to find things, even if it is not there, they got all the right in the world to point out things they think could be there, because, who knows...there could be something there.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the link. I saw it already, but didn't know it was called Hugo.

This is a great thread.

Very informative

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
In my experience here, I have learned ATS is a lot like the middle school lunch room. There are the cool kids. No matter what they say or do, it is cool and is rewarded by the other cool kids with stars and flags.

Then there are the other kids. The other kids may make great posts but because they are not the cool kids their posts do not receive stars and flags.

I really do not understand the star/flag thing. I star more comments than anything. I star the comments if they make a great point to the OP, whether I AGREE with the post or not, if it makes a valid logical argument you get a star. I flag the OP if it makes me think and especially if it makes me think differently.

It all boils down to the reason why you are here. If you are here for stars and flags and they are that important to you, then contribute in a meaningful way.If you are here to learn, exchange knowledge etc then the stars and flags really do not matter much at the end of the day.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Why would anyone flag or star a thread about threads that people are flagging and starring?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
After careful consideration......it's a rock.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join