It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has dragons ever exists or are still living in some remote areas?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by Frocharocha
Well, if they are real or not, i'ts possible. And the last know sighting i know is from 2004. Here's my book:

-A Couple were in North Europe at vacations when they noticed a strange creature flying above the camps. It was very big, of brown color and bat wings and it was carring a horse in it's mounth. The animal looked like serpentine and reminded of a dragon. They estimated the creature on having around 15 feet in lenght

Dragons wouldn't have problems with food in nowdays society. the problem is their size. To have 15 feet in length like a treasure and being able to fly with n orestrictions they would need to have an insane huge wing spawn 3x times their body so they wouldn't fall.

I dont think wingspan would be a problem really i have a feeling the flying would only be short distances not all birds can soar. and since this some intrest ill mention some more historical records of dragons. “In 1907 Lieutenant-Colonel Percy Fawcett of the British Army was sent to mark the boundaries between Brazil and Peru. He was an officer in the Royal Engineers and was well known as a meticulous recorder of facts. In the Beni Swamps of Madre de Dios Colonel P. H. Fawcett saw an animal he believed to be Diplodocus… The Diplodocus story is confirmed by many of the tribes east of the Ucayali, a region covered by Clark.

”The book,The Travels of Marco Polo, is the written record which chronicles the adventures and travels that Marco Polo experienced while exploring the eastern world. In part 2, chapter 40, Marco Polo reports what he describes as "huge serpents". The descriptions given sound in many ways no different than descriptions given of the dinosaurs in the text books.

"Leaving the city of Yachi, and traveling ten days in a westerly direction, you reach the province of Karazan, which is also the name of the chief city....Here are seen huge serpents, ten paces in length (about 30 feet), and ten spans (about 8 feet) girt of the body. At the fore part, near the head, they have two short legs, having three claws like those of a tiger, with eyes larger than a forepenny loaf (pane da quattro denari) and very glaring."

The jaws are wide enough to swallow a man, the teeth are large and sharp, and their whole appearance is so formidable, that neither man, nor any kind of animal can approach them without terror. Others are met with of a smaller size, being eight, six, or 5 paces long; and the following method is used for taking them. In the day-time, by reason of great heat, they lurk in caverns, from whence, at night, they issue to seek their food, and whatever beast they meet with and can lay hold of, whether tiger, wolf, or any other, they devour;

Herodotus, respected Greek historian who lived in approximately 450 B.C., once wrote:

There is a place in Arabia...to which I went, on hearing of some winged serpents; and when I arrived there, I saw bones and spines of serpents, in such quantities as it would be impossible to describe. The form of the serpent is like that of a water-snake; but he has wings without feathers, and as like as possible to the wings of a bat

Heres one i really liked because everyone gets mad and still cant kill it.

Close to the town of Bures, near Sudbury, there has lately appeared, to the great hurt of the countryside, a dragon, vast in body, with a crested head, teeth like a saw, and a tail, extending to an enormous length. Having slaughtered the shepherd of a flock, it devoured many sheep. There came forth in order to shoot at him with arrows the workmen of the lord on whose estate he had concealed himself, being Sir Richard de Waldegrave, Knight; but the dragon’s body, although struck by the archers, remained unhurt, for the arrows bounced off his back as if it were iron or hard rock. Those arrows that fell upon the spine of his back gave out as they struck it a ringing of tinkling sound, just as if they had hit a brazen plate, and then flew away off by reason of the hide of this great beast being impenetrable. Thereupon, in order to destroy him, all the country people around were summoned. But when the dragon saw that he was again about to be assailed with arrows, he fled into a marsh or mere and there hid himself among the long reeds, and was no more seen

Goddam intersting. I also belvie that the account of dragons were reports of real living dinossaurs. Well, those reports happend thousands of years ago and we knwo that Dinossaurs were hug animals and needed alot of food to survive. Humans wouldn't have problems wiping them out accidentaly, our expansion probably wiped them out for the exception of a very few species at probably the brink of extinction such as Mokele-membe.

I just don't know where they came with the idea of breathing fire.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There is a Biblical-era story called 'Bel and the Dragon' involving a dragon (or similar animal) in Babylon.

there was found an image of a dragon-like animal on one of the walls, the 'Dragon of the Ishtar Gate'

unmyst3.blogspot.com...

considering the widespread folk legends of large powerful reptilians (sometimes flying, sometimes spitting fire--possible flicking their tongues), you can't help but think there was something around back then.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Kind of off topic, but I love your avatar! I used to read fate magazine all the time!

As to dragons, real or not, they are awesome!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
To the point of the OP, I am from this very area of Arkansas. Next County over actually, in Carroll County. I spend a lot of time in Boone County and Newton County because, as you can see in my avatar, the scenery there is quite amazing. Lots high bluffs, pristine rivers, waterfalls and yes, large cave systems.

Self is near the town of Omaha, just north and east of Harrison, which serves as the Boone County seat.
This is Hillbilly Country. Newton County, for instance, served as the home of the Beverly Hillbillies before they moved to LA. Rugged hills, sparsely populated. Most of the county actually lies in a National Forest.

Dragons out there? No.
Sorry to put it so bluntly, but this is a fairytale. I have hiked, camped, and land surveyed almost every inch of this area. I used to hike with the Buffalo River Chapter out there. I have neither heard of, or seen any such thing. And I would have. We used to hike into hard to reach caves all the time out there. (Beauty Cave is near here and is mapped at 17 miles in length. No dragons)

From your own source:

Ted also adds that: There are spelunking clubs in Arkansas that go to Devil's Hole and I haven't heard of any of them coming back dead or insane.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am now trying to remember if I have actually been in this cave or not. It is hard to say. Most caves around here have two or three names. Named after the person who discovered it, where the cave is, or by some distinguishing feature within the cave itself.

Although I cannot recall ever hearing of Devil's hole, there is one in this area that fits the bill. We call it Steel Cave. Reason is that back during prohibition, folks used a small room in the cave about 75' underground as a place to cook moonshine. It has a fresh water source in the form of a double waterfall (also called Screaming Cave), and a chimney in the roof of the chamber that allows sunlight in.

Also, the the main entrance fits the bill of a 200' foot drop down in. Almost straight down. It is dangerous without a rope.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
To JayinAR:

Hi, great reply.

Sorry to say, that story was at least a hundred years old already, it was dated back in 1900. Thus, no more dragons (If they existed) would be there. But, its an interesting story nonetheless.

Though, have you ever ventured 200ft down "steel cave"?, it could very well be the "devil's hole cave" in the story with the 200 foot drop you mentioned that was similar to the story. Maybe you would find remains of dragon bones over there

edit on 21-5-2013 by icyboy771z because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by icyboy771z

Yeah, I've been all through that cave. No dragons. Although I don't think its the same cave.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Dragons are a combination of ancient alien spacecraft [Thunderbird / Firebird / Phoenix] and dinosaur bones.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The Bible talks about a Leviathan, which when you read about it is clearly a dragon.

Job 41:1 KJV - Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord [which] thou lettest down?
Job 41:2 KJV - Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn?
Job 41:3 KJV - Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft [words] unto thee?
Job 41:4 KJV - Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever?
Job 41:5 KJV - Wilt thou play with him as [with] a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens?
Job 41:6 KJV - Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?
Job 41:7 KJV - Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears?
Job 41:8 KJV - Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more.
Job 41:9 KJV - Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not [one] be cast down even at the sight of him?
Job 41:10 KJV - None [is so] fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me?
Job 41:11 KJV - Who hath prevented me, that I should repay [him? whatsoever is] under the whole heaven is mine.
Job 41:12 KJV - I will not conceal his parts, nor his power, nor his comely proportion.
Job 41:13 KJV - Who can discover the face of his garment? [or] who can come [to him] with his double bridle?
Job 41:14 KJV - Who can open the doors of his face? his teeth [are] terrible round about.
Job 41:15 KJV - [His] scales [are his] pride, shut up together [as with] a close seal.
Job 41:16 KJV - One is so near to another, that no air can come between them.
Job 41:17 KJV - They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered.
Job 41:18 KJV - By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes [are] like the eyelids of the morning.
Job 41:19 KJV - Out of his mouth go burning lamps, [and] sparks of fire leap out.
Job 41:20 KJV - Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as [out] of a seething pot or caldron.
Job 41:21 KJV - His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.
Job 41:22 KJV - In his neck remaineth strength, and sorrow is turned into joy before him.
Job 41:23 KJV - The flakes of his flesh are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be moved.
Job 41:24 KJV - His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether [millstone].
Job 41:25 KJV - When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.
Job 41:26 KJV - The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon.
Job 41:27 KJV - He esteemeth iron as straw, [and] brass as rotten wood.
Job 41:28 KJV - The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble.
Job 41:29 KJV - Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear.
Job 41:30 KJV - Sharp stones [are] under him: he spreadeth sharp pointed things upon the mire.
Job 41:31 KJV - He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.
Job 41:32 KJV - He maketh a path to shine after him; [one] would think the deep [to be] hoary.
Job 41:33 KJV - Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.
Job 41:34 KJV - He beholdeth all high [things]: he [is] a king over all the children of pride.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolwuttermelons
I'm skeptical, but then again I didn't believe in Sasquatches either, that is until I befriended one.

Too bad you don't have a thread detailing this encounter.. Only 2, well 1 post really about it.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Yeah, I've been all through that cave. No dragons. Although I don't think its the same cave.

I don't see Dinossaurs or dragons living in caves at modern USA, at least not anymore. There's too feel food for those animals to eat. Unless they can actually fly and live all around the world. This would explain why they are probably so rare. Big animals like White sturgeon can easily reach up to 25 feet in length (7 meters) and live around extremely populated areas without being discovered.

Now Dinossaurs or Dragons could get big and live without detection if they knew where to hide and have what to eat.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this? I was reading an article about it yesterday but can't seem to find that one now.

whofortedblog.com...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
since people still seem interested here is another story of dragons in a news paper.

On April 26, 1890 the Tombstone Epitaph (a local Arizona newspaper) reported that two cowboys had discovered and shot down a creature – described as a “winged dragon” – which resembled a pterodactyl, only MUCH larger. The cowboys said its wingspan was 160 feet, and that its body was more than four feet wide and 92 feet long. The cowboys supposedly cut off the end of the wing to prove the existence of the creature.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
since people still seem interested here is another story of dragons in a news paper.

On April 26, 1890 the Tombstone Epitaph (a local Arizona newspaper) reported that two cowboys had discovered and shot down a creature – described as a “winged dragon” – which resembled a pterodactyl, only MUCH larger. The cowboys said its wingspan was 160 feet, and that its body was more than four feet wide and 92 feet long. The cowboys supposedly cut off the end of the wing to prove the existence of the creature.

That history is probably fake. Really? A pterodactyl with 160 feet on wingspawn? How this thing was able to fly? What did it eat? The biggest species of flying pterosaur could only reach up to 12 meters tall (40 feet) his wingspawn was barely that big (70 feet).

edit on 26-5-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Has dragons ever exists or are still living in some remote areas?

I think the dragons were actually a flying dinosaurs

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Honestly dragons are my power animal! I lover them to no end. I am an avid painter of dragons in various scenes. Although I don't paint as much as I used to, when I do it is almost always of dragons. There is just something to their beauty, elegance, strength, stature, intellect and overall presence that has me awed by their awesomeness.

I don't even attempt to contemplate the existence of dragons whether present or in the past. My love for these creatures make their reality self-evident....

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Dragons are a work of fiction.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by McCool
Dragons are a work of fiction.

Are they im not so sure of that. just because we havnt seen one doesnt mean they dont exist or didnt exist.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I think this vid answers the question pretty well.

Personally I'd say dragons exist but only as illusions in the ethereal plane.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As I commented in a thread before it is possible because bug's chemical reactions are more complicated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join