It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time Lurker decided to join the foray...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hi, been lurking for a while. Decided to jump in. I am a retired Soldier. Not really anything special really, did my duty and such.

I was in Military Intelligence but contrary to popular misconceptions it’s not James Bond - it's a lot of desks, power points, searching through stacks of mostly useless reports for the one gem that might save someone or contribute in some way. Even Counter-Intelligence is just a bunch of mostly glorified background checks and paying locals in cigarettes to tell us where old weapons caches are...

I find it hard to believe that there is some secret organization that knows all - I had access to some weird programs and things if I could reveal them people might not believe but no false flags or nefarious conduct. Mostly just incompetence, overspending on BS, poor leadership and people with big mouths which is why I find it hard to believe a “shadow” government could even exist. They can’t even manage to get basic things right…

Anyway, in addition to hating the government - I like Ancient Aliens, Ancient Civilizations and of course the political madness.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by UsedUp

Welcome to ATS! Let me be among the first to give you a warm hello and one of the only free flags you'll likely see. It sounds like you'll be an interesting contributor to read on many of the topics around here, to be sure!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by UsedUp

Hrmmmm ATS is gonna "Love you"

Have a Cupcake~

Or 5 but I was hungry and took a bite out of the first one.... No worries... I don't have Cooties~

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by UsedUp

Welcome, and good to have you on board. You sound like you could both share some interesting stories with us when you get thread access (you need 20 posts) and give some good comments on ongoing threads and discussions. And if you were lurking, were you doing it as part of the job or just enjoyed the data here? And how did you ever stand so many ads (for any other lurkers reading this, signing in as a member takes care of a lot of the ads, although I wish it was all of them). Again, welcome.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Welcome.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to prove there is no shadow government.

Ha !

(Alot of good people and viewpoints here)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Welcome new friend

Here is your complimentary drink

At times you may feel a bit like this

Don't sweat it we've all been there

You'll want to do this at times

However mainly

And you may need to do this to a mod or two in your time with us

But mostly it's interesting and fun on the ride we call ATS

Welcome again and have a free flag

Cody

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UsedUp

To a very challenging and interesting place!

I like your introduction; you have made some very thought provoking statements

See you around the forums!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
May I be the first to call you a troll or shill?

Hahaha !!!!

Whatever... welcome to the nuthouse
Unfortunately, your only escape is permanent banishment
Have fun and I look forward to seeing what ya got.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Points for using the word foray!! Welcome to the family. Enjoy your stay.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by UsedUp

Welcome to ATS! Let me be among the first to give you a warm hello and one of the only free flags you'll likely see. It sounds like you'll be an interesting contributor to read on many of the topics around here, to be sure!

Thanks, I will try to contribute something for now I will read mostly I am sure. Comment a little perhaps.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by UsedUp

Hrmmmm ATS is gonna "Love you"

Have a Cupcake~

Or 5 but I was hungry and took a bite out of the first one.... No worries... I don't have Cooties~

I like cupcakes actually, I mean who doesn't right? Thanks.

Cooties can be cured anyway from what I understand with a dose of 1 part maturity and 1 part lemon. Add sugar to taste.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Welcome, and good to have you on board.

Thanks!

You sound like you could both share some interesting stories with us when you get thread access (you need 20 posts) and give some good comments on ongoing threads and discussions.

Unfortunately the NDA's all prevent me from disclosing anything remotely interesting. Unlike young Bradley Manning I read them before I signed them.

To quote the new 21 Jump Street Movie "Do you know what happens to a pretty guy like me in prison? It rhymes with grape!"

And if you were lurking, were you doing it as part of the job or just enjoyed the data here?

No, as far as I know there is no entity in the military that are actively reading and posting on internet boards as part of their job. I suppose some political hacks or paid political flunkies might be but the Army for one is prevented by AR 380-10 from collecting and storing intelligence information on US citizens and within the United States. I am fairly sure that is a Joint regulation for all the forces with the exception of the Coast Guard in their role as Law Enforcement in drug interdiction. Then they still need warrants and all that legal mumbo jumbo.

And how did you ever stand so many ads (for any other lurkers reading this, signing in as a member takes care of a lot of the ads, although I wish it was all of them). Again, welcome.

No big deal really being retired gives one certain flexibility as far as time is concerned.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Welcome new friend

Here is your complimentary drink

I had a shot in the dark once, it was not all it was cracked up to be. Seems I missed and it went down my shirt.

Originally posted by cody599
Welcome again and have a free flag

Cody

What is the value of a flag and or its purpose?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I like your introduction; you have made some very thought provoking statements

May I ask which statement interested you?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT
May I be the first to call you a troll or shill?

Nah, I have been a troll before, it was the third grade school play. Three Billy Goats Gruff. I played my part marvelously to the acclaim of the critics. "This young man really gets into character" was a quote I think.

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT
Have fun and I look forward to seeing what ya got.

I have very little in the way of juice I am afraid I was a minor cog in the great wheel of government for a brief time.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UsedUp

Welcome new one

I see you already got some shots and cupcakes...so I sure hope you like bacon..its a welcome bacon cake

Enjoy your stay here.

peace and love
~nat cat~

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by UsedUp

Welcome new one

I see you already got some shots and cupcakes...so I sure hope you like bacon..it’s a welcome bacon cake

Enjoy your stay here.

peace and love
~nat cat~

Bacon is a gift that is always welcome!

I like mine primarily on wonder bread (may the name rest in peace) with a couple slices of tomato, mayo onion and lettuce. Never had a bacon cake, I bet it’s good.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UsedUp

it's a lot of desks, power points, searching through stacks of mostly useless reports for the one gem that might save someone or contribute in some way.

Sounds a lot like this place.

Welcome aboard.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by UsedUp

mmmmm...bacon

~nat

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Bacon cake ?!?

Now it's a party! Woo hoo!

Is there a cardiologist in the house?