It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Mass Murder Occured and Gun Laws Bought In Doesn't Work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So here we are 17 years later after Port Arthur Massacre the criminals are running wild with guns.
We are going to take a look at news articles involving shootings in Tasmania recently going back 4 years.
I done my best to search for news articles, I would go back further, but seems like themercury pruned their servers.

The men had been holed up inside the house in Kingston since about 7pm last night after a shooting at its front.

Source:
www.themercury.com.au...

2013 - Drive by shootings

STREET WAR
March 10: Shots fired at a house in Tottenham Rd, Gagebrook.
March 11: Shots fired at a house in Pennyquick Court, Bridgewater.
March 11: Shots fired at a house in Scott Rd, Bridgewater.
April 6: Shots fired at a house in Ryan Ave, Bridgewater.
April 6: Shots fired down Oakley Ave, Bridgewater, into Ryan Ave.
April 7: Male pedestrian shot in the leg when vehicle pulls beside him on the Jordan River Bridge, Bridgewater.

Source:
www.themercury.com.au...

Updates:
www.themercury.com.au...
www.themercury.com.au...

2013 - Car Jacking

"The male covered his face with black material, entered the passenger side of the Black Toyota utility and told the driver to follow a white utility in front of them," he said.

"The male produced a shortened shotgun and threatened the driver but a short way up Murray St [the driver] threw himself from the vehicle."

Source:
www.themercury.com.au...

2012 - Gun Struggle

The 36-year-old man and 24-year-old woman were shot with a sawn-off .22 calibre rifle during the struggle at their Squibbs Rd home, in the state's North-West, early this morning.

2012 - Gun confontation

Police allege five people, one armed with a shotgun, went to a Tolosa St unit to confront a resident over an argument that started on Friday.

Source:
www.themercury.com.au...

A man aged 34 received superficial wounds from shotgun pellets that struck him in the face when the house was shot at around 2.30am by two offenders on foot.

Source:
www.themercury.com.au...

2012 - Double Murder

The man and woman were shot some time between 3am and 5am yesterday at the Hamilton Plains Rd house, where the 34-year-old man, from a well-known Ouse family, moved about four months ago.

www.themercury.com.au...

An unidentified male gunman shot out the windows of a utility parked in a residential driveway then left the scene before police arrived.

Source:
www.themercury.com.au...

2011 - murder suicide

Inspector Rob Gunton said a Devonport man in his 40s had arrived in the normally peaceful street in a four-wheel-drive utility.

The man then shot another man and a woman, also from Devonport, in the chest with a rifle before turning the weapon on himself.

www.themercury.com.au...

SATURDAY'S brazen daylight shooting at Gagebrook in which a man was injured has left residents living in fear.

Source:
www.themercury.com.au...

POLICE are hunting for an armed man after shots were fired at two homes on Tasmania's North-West Coast on Saturday night.

Source:
www.themercury.com.au...

Leanne Maree Payne, 47, suffered life-threatening injuries when shot through the left hand and hit in the forehead by a bullet from a Colt 32 pistol.

Source:
www.themercury.com.au...

The popular 36-year-old was found shot dead in the hallway of his home on August 3.

Source:
www.themercury.com.au...

This is all happening in a small populated state, Now this is probably triple that in the United States in a large populated state.
Can anyone honestly say gun laws work?

We have had a fair few murders not involving guns too.
edit on 15-5-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
LOL, the fact that your very informative post is relegated to the dustbin speaks volumes about the anti-gun bias present on this site.

Great post anyway OP S&F.

Gun laws have nothing to do with safety or protecting the citizens. It is all about the government controlling us.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have no idea how this got into the conspiracy side of things.

Its not a conspiracy its a true fact gun laws aren't working here clearly.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks

I'd say they work as intended, and quite well really. The problem is that they generally aren't intended to do anything more than make it harder for people to legally own a firearm and carry it with them when they choose to. We'd be better off if there was more of an effort to educate people on how to safely handle firearms instead of just demonizing them.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Originally posted by amraks

I'd say they work as intended, and quite well really. The problem is that they generally aren't intended to do anything more than make it harder for people to legally own a firearm and carry it with them when they choose to. We'd be better off if there was more of an effort to educate people on how to safely handle firearms instead of just demonizing them.

so if I was to go back before port Arthur and show you news clippings of people using guns you know it would be at the same rate right.

I remember 1990's being no different to day, except I know people with less guns and hear the criminals have the guns.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I think you misunderstood what I meant..
What I meant was that most gun laws aren't good for anything except making it harder for the law-abiding to legally obtain a firearm. They don't prevent gun violence since criminals generally don't care about laws. So they work as intended, it's just that the intentions are to disarm the public and not so much about curbing gun violence.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by amraks

I think you misunderstood what I meant..
What I meant was that most gun laws aren't good for anything except making it harder for the law-abiding to legally obtain a firearm. They don't prevent gun violence since criminals generally don't care about laws. So they work as intended, it's just that the intentions are to disarm the public and not so much about curbing gun violence.

sorry I get what you meant now. I think it was ready for bed time at that stage when I posted that.

new topics

top topics

join