It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gutless' 'Cowards' what else can be said?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I open up Firefox explorer and go to Google news,

Come across this

news.ninemsn.com.au...

then
then
. Yesterday I posted in a thread how I can choose whether to accept the anger building inside and release in what could be considered unpredictable or just let go.

Thinking of catching those responsible gets my blood boiling while at the same time scares me into thinking could I go as low as those I despise.

Why does so much diversity create so much cruelty?

Are those responsible just sick individuals that had something against the old man?

Are they so fearful of canines that they justify killing them simply because of their fear?

This is just one of the million acts of cruelty that goes on daily in our world,

hopefully to lighten the mood even though it points out animal cruelty further it also shows the kindness and affection we humans can have for our 4 legged friends

www.lifewithdogs.tv...

Anyone reading if there is a more appropriate board for this go in please speak up.

I hate to share such negativity but I feel that I cannot bottle such things up at this moment or period of my life, but I know many here will understand.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

You shouldn't bottle your anger and frustration up Inhale... it's good to let it out from time to time... Just Exhale...

I see you are in Australia, if you really want to help a little in the combat against animal cruelty why don't you join and become an active member of the RSPCA over there?

Heres the link : www.rspca.org.au...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 14-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I opened a newspaper this morning only to see a photo of a couple who had battered a baby into intensive care. That made me angry today.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

As a dog lover, I can't understand anyone who would want to harm one. They say that animal cuelty is a precursor to becoming a murderer

I have a tea cup size Pomeranian. He is my best friend, and I think of him like my youngest child. I would not be able to bear if someone came after him in such a heartless manner. This is horrible!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My local paper ...
Cruel yobs’ Ludlow brick attack kills week-old cygnet
We live in a sick world and the sickness is just getting worse

edit on 14-5-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

One thing that should be taken into consideration is that you're only hearing one side of the story. The story does have another side.

Regardless of the topic, nothing should ever be accepted as absolute fact, when it is based only from the words of one person.

I'm not saying that the dog(s) deserved it. I'm just saying that it is a possibility.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I reckon the old guys dogs would be a deterrent to local thieves or other such characters that like to slink around unnoticed.
Perhaps the local police should look at that angle....

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

You shouldn't bottle your anger and frustration up Inhale... it's good to let it out from time to time... Just Exhale...

I see you are in Australia, if you really want to help a little in the combat against animal cruelty why don't you join and become an active member of the RSPCA over there?

Heres the link : www.rspca.org.au...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 14-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

Thanks Rodinus,

I have issues attaching myself to any corporation or organization unless I can be assured what is being done is for the benefit of the whole.

don't get me wrong I am not saying anything negative about the RSPCA and actually praise their efforts and have some family members help them by selling raffle tickets.

Maybe I should take a step towards what you suggest as its only laziness and paranoia that stop me and If I can rant about it then I should be able to get up and do something about it.

Cheers for the push

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I think a similar incident down in Melbourne a few months back where some young kids I think was were hurling rocks at these beautiful creatures.

Is it really getting worse or is this cruelty just being fed to us more and more?

Does it really matter, I mean if its getting worse then were doomed as a species if its always been this cruel or worse how have we reached this moment in time and still able to love.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

One thing that should be taken into consideration is that you're only hearing one side of the story. The story does have another side.

Regardless of the topic, nothing should ever be accepted as absolute fact, when it is based only from the words of one person.

I'm not saying that the dog(s) deserved it. I'm just saying that it is a possibility.

That's why asked the questions in my OP,

I am trying to understand the mindset of all involved however those responsible need to be found so as to understand the reasoning if any behind this.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Good point stirling,

the article does say the old man acts as a care taker to surrounding factories.

However, it seems someone has been harassing his dogs for some time now and what is quoted as the old man saying if those responsible have something against him to confront him not attack his dogs.

This seems as though the old man might have some idea as to who is responsible.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Is it really getting worse or is this cruelty just being fed to us more and more?

I think it is getting worse and its a symptom of the lack of respect and moral guidance of this generation , people seem to be loosing their empathy and their respect for anything that isn't them .

I used to laugh at people who blamed TV for the ills of the western world but now I think modern media , TV, movies , games are part of the problem although I put most of the blame on feckless parents who would rather give their kids what they want rather than what they need ... Discipline and guidance .

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The way you put it I must agree.

However I cant blame parents as there are to many factors involved when trying to for a group mindset.

On an individual case by case of observing how parents are raising their offspring I would be more prone to place blame for certain characteristics but at the same time I believe to each their own and how a parent raises a child is really up to the parent. Delicate issue when we feel the need to step inside another's living room and dictate how they should they live or act even though its necessary from time to time.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I am really sorry, but because of my own situation to have to bring this up. What isn't being said in this article?

I have a neighbor with a collie that just won't stop barking at EVERYTHING!

I LOVE collies, but it wakes me up at night, and keeps me from taking a nap in the afternoon. I go outside for a smoke and I can't even think because of the annoying, aggravating barking. Other neighbors have complained. The dog officer has been by several times, yet, (mysteriously) the collie is always in the house every time.

One time, a father with a young child was passing by the collie. The dog is fenced in, but it lunges and barks in a way that is so frightening that the child got away from the father, ran into the street and ALMOST got hit by a car.

You can't imagine how much I hate to say this, but if one of the neighbors killed that collie, well, I certainly wouldn't miss it.
edit on 5/14/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I am really sorry, but because of my own situation to have to bring this up. What isn't being said in this article?

I have a neighbor with a collie that just won't stop barking at EVERYTHING!

I LOVE collies, but it wakes me up at night, and keeps me from taking a nap in the afternoon. I go outside for a smoke and I can't even think because of the annoying, aggravating barking. Other neighbors have complained. The dog officer has been by several times, yet, (mysteriously) the collie is always in the house every time.

One time, a father with a young child was passing by the collie. The dog is fenced in, but it lunges and barks in a way that is so frightening that the child got away from the father, ran into the street and ALMOST got hit by a car.

You can't imagine how much I hate to say this, but if one of the neighbors killed that collie, well, I certainly wouldn't miss it.
edit on 5/14/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

From my understanding he lives in a trailer/caravan around an industrial area where he acts as a care taker for the surrounding factories. I understand your point of view, however it seems noise for neighbors wouldn't be such an issue to have to go these lengths, and because of where the old mans is situated it is extremely cowardly for those responsible as if it was in a more suburban area it would be harder for those responsible to get away without someone seeing something.

I am not defending the old man in any way only sympathizing with his situation where if someone has a grudge against him, meaning if they hate his dogs for some reason to take it up with him like the old man says in the article. Replace the dog with a grandchild that the old man was looking after, is it not cowardly, weak and gutless to confront a child instead of the child's parent if you have an issue?

Sorry but I cant believe you hate what you said
I can if its a loss of control because you allow negative emotions such as anger, fear, hate dictate what you speak, however when typing one has the time to sit back and think do I really want post this.

Don't let hatred get a grip from the anger that stems from inside you even though you think the anger you have for another is because of the others actions. Choose your anger wisely.

I understand that at many times we get angry at anothers action simply because we cannot understand their logic or purpose for doing or saying what they have. A majority of times when we get angry at others, its not their intent to make us angry, its just that we all cannot see eye to eye most of the times because of so much diversity which makes this world so special and terrible all at once.

top topics

join