It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars align in protest against food giant Monsanto over GMO crops!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Monsanto is the WORST. more and more I'm doing my best to use my meager food budget on non GMO/over-processed/FAKE food. a big problem is the money...they make the nastiest food for your body the cheapest to purchase.
also looking at their website...they offer very little in the way of facts about what they have done to the "special" varieties of crops they've patented... for example a type of soybean they have soybean round up crops offers no real explanation to how the round up is utilized, besides this vague and confusing statement:

Monsanto developed Genuity Roundup Ready 2 Yield soybeans through extensive gene mapping that identified specific DNA regions in soybeans that have a positive impact on yield. Using advanced insertion and selection technologies, the Genuity® Roundup Ready 2 Yield® gene is situated in one of these high-yield DNA regions to help deliver high-yield potential. Genuity® Roundup Ready 2 Yield® trait technology is the base for future Monsanto biotech traits, including Intacta RR2 PRO™ to be launched in South America and Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™ soybeans, and breeding traits like Phytophthora Root Rot resistance. Intacta RR2 PRO soybeans and Roundup Ready 2 Xtend soybeans are pending regulatory approvals.

and yet another link to a vague and confusing separate page! further "info" on roundup soybeans
edit on 15-5-2013 by zombiebbq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyofGlass
reply to post by thebtheb

You, like many other's do not even understand what you are arguing about. Please look up "Flavr Savr" then come back and make an argument. That is only one example of a genetically modified tomato.

The Flavr Savr was a failed experiment and has not been available since 1997. There are current plans for more GMO tomatoes, but right now, there are NONE on the market. There are tomatoes that are bred to not bruise, to be round and perfect looking, that they use ethyline gas to ripen, but they are BRED tomatoes. It looks like you are the one who doesn't know what you are arguing about.
edit on 15-5-2013 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Bill Maher..........a star, really ? A grub yes, a star no !
Danny Devito......... a former star but no longer !
Dave Matthews........who ? When someone is a "star" then you shouldn't have to ask who they are !

If these people are classed as "star's", then i'm Santa Clause, now what would you like for xmas ?

These "stars" can speak out all they want, the point most are missing is that this corrupt organization, that I refuse to name because they aren't worthy of any extra attention, now have a law protecting them from being prosecuted. We know what they are doing, we know why they are doing it, but when they have a corrupt political and legal system defending them then its going to take more than 2 washed out has-beens and a never will be to change whats happening. Credit to them for taking a stand, but please in future can we not be so liberal in the branding of a "star" ?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
GMO---G.reedy M.en O.n the take They need to be brought to their knees...I for one will be on a boycott mission along with my friends and family...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

I agree with you in part, but for me, the onus is on corporations to prove something is safe in the longterm before it is rolled out worldwide, rather than it having to be proven harmful - by which time it may well be too late. Alternatively they can label it, and give consumers the choice. The fact that they won't do that speaks volumes.

Also, if their products are so intrinsically safe, it surprises me that they require protection from litigation, via the Monsanto protection act.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Follow my logic: President Obama uses the theme and logic of "transparency", defined as a clear knowing of what is happening, no confusion or lies, to get elected into the Presidency of the USA and the White House. Monsanto's goal is not for transparency; that is why they don't label Monsanto food products as GMO. This is not transparency. Pres. Obama, who was elected President of the USA by the "transparency" theme, appoints Michael Taylor, a former VP lobbyist of Monsanto (who oppose transparency) to the FDA.

If you preach the logic of transparency, then a transparent administration would be for labeling GMO foods, so consumers are aware, and can make decisions. not to withhold information that could potentially harm us.
edit on 16-5-2013 by problemsolvr because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2013 by problemsolvr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

The anti-GMO crowd are the one are the most informed. WHy? Because we want to know what's what so we leave no stone unturned. Most of the pro-GMO crown don't even look into it. They think it's just peachy. I believe you're one of those.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
May 25th - Eat GMO foods.

Got it, written down in my planner.

Whenever you see celebrities getting involved, you know the "anti" side is just all about money.

EDIT: And of course DeVito, Maher and Matthews are against a company that desires perfection with its products. Those 3 will put their name on any smelly turd that can make them money. They know nothing about quality control. Who produces your albums there, Dave? Probably sounds awful without it, like your live show, right?
edit on 14-5-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

What you are saying is; GMO food is so wonderful -- not allowing people to know what food is GMO and what isn't is OK.

So it's the free market capitalists now who don't trust the marketplace with information to decide what they put in their mouths. Got it.

And YES, it does seem like Hollywood is on the side of the good guys. If the "bad guy" shoe fits Monsanto and their supporters; wear it. I'll take hollywood with some of it's fluffy charity nonsense over the evil I see pushed by their detractors any day of the week.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Well said. Corporations are increasingly taking control over our lives but unfortunately much of their harm slides under the radar. Still, in my neck of the woods people roll their eyes at the very mention of this run amok company. The bad publicity abounds and yet we can't seem to rein them in significantly--if at all. I understand CA came close.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join