It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardinal: 2011 document’s call for ‘global authority’ does not mean world government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Catholic World News

Cardinal Peter Turkson, the president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, told Vatican Radio that the council’s controversial 2011 document, “Towards Reforming the International Financial and Monetary Systems in the Context of Global Public Authority,” did not constitute a call for a world government.

“We never used that word,” Cardinal Turkson said in reference to government. “We’re talking about authority, and that can be regional, or it can be a series of authorities within, for example, the banking sector, the insurance sector, all meant to ensure that the common good is not left out.”

On May 13, the pontifical council hosted “Banking on the Common Good, Finance for the Common Good,” a colloquium devoted to discussion of the document’s themes.

Might like to have a look at this other thread here.

So Cardinal Turkson comes out after almost two years to allay concerns about his reference to a Global Public Authority constituting a call for world government.

Well it might be a debate in semantics but seems pretty clear that if not an outright call for a world government, it was certainly something close.

What do other members think?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I didn't use the word 'burn', I just said "set fire to that", so it's not the same and there is nothing to see here.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I didn't use the word 'burn', I just said "set fire to that", so it's not the same and there is nothing to see here.

What the heck you going on about?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Basically saying he's trying to hide behind semantics. Just because he didn't use the words 'world government' doesn't mean that's what is implied. See?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

“We’re talking about authority, and that can be regional, or it can be a series of authorities within, for example, the banking sector, the insurance sector, all meant to ensure that the common good is not left out.”

That is what stood out to me.

Just like I have been saying for years now, authority comes from the capitalist class, the bankers, the leader of industry.

Governments just do their dirty work.

Common good? Who are they talking about? What I think is going to happen, and is already happening, is the complete breakdown of all national barriers to commerce. So that capitalists can take more and easier advantage of cheaper labour markets. The reason they want to bring the economy down in some areas is because it makes labour cheaper, which means larger profits. Capitalism requires manufacturing to create real money, that is then used to invest.

In the early days of capitalism 1800ish, in England, the capitalists used the profit from labour to invest in new machinery, land, factories etc. That is why the industrial revolution happened, capitalists investing in the new found industries. Capitalists stopped investing in industry, they don't have to, so their profits are not benefiting society by creating new opportunities for work anymore. It's short sighted make a quick buck capitalism that is not sustainable.

Governments could slowly give way to private corporate owned regional authorities, controlled by a central authority, that could be the NWO?

edit on 5/14/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The 2011 Encyclical Doesn't mean tyrannical world government?

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHT

And . . . along the same lines . . . the Vatican, while they are at it, are also declaring that their new

DAFFYNITIONARY NOW REIGNS SUPREME . . . particularly regarding the following terms:

left now = right

up now = down

in now = out

infanticide now = choice

black now = white

evil now = good

genocide now = life

fallen angels now = our saviors

. . .

etc. etc. and etc.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

Basically saying he's trying to hide behind semantics. Just because he didn't use the words 'world government' doesn't mean that's what is implied. See?

Sorry mate, seriously I didn't know what you meant, now I see what you mean.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

the catholic church is the antichrist

new topics

top topics

join