It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"CIA agent" trying to recruit Russian intelligence officer detained in Moscow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I do find this to be quite hilarious if this is indeed some sort of CIA/diplomat caught trying to bribe details from a russian spy. Looking at the gear it seems a bit basic, but what better than trying to blend in with the local population? If this guy was running around highspeech with milspec gear and the like he would be much easier to spot. He has a bic lighter..good to start a fire to cook, i'm sure any spy worth a grain of salt can get a fire going by other means but it's always good to have a reliable backup, right? Contingency plans i believe they're known as. A goofy handheld flashlight and what LOOKS like a cheap $20 knife (who knows..could cut through bone) also useful if you're going to be wandering around secretively at night in say the wilderness of russia trying to meet up/etc with a person of interest using the compass and the other gear. RFID blocker seems a bit over the top but if it's electronic info being passed im sure that would be a good way to store it.

edit: I forgot to mention the wigs. Wow. that'll suffice
edit on 14-5-2013 by ThinkYouSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Or maybe the west is just trying to trivialize and deflect attention from their real spies and rabble rousers in Russia.

If we look, we find openly stated in their August 2011 Annual Report that a Washington-based NGO with the innocuous name, National Endowment for Democracy (NED), is all over the place inside Russia. The NED is financing an International Press Center in Moscow where some 80 international NGOs can hold press briefings on whatever they choose. They fund numerous “youth advocacy” and leadership workshops to “help youth engage in political activism.” In fact, officially they spent more than $2,783,000 in 2010 on dozens of such programs across Russia. Spending for 2011 won’t be published until later in 2012. [4]

These folks have their fingers in everybody's pie.

The shady history of NED

Helping youth engage in political activism is precisely what the same NED did in Egypt over the past several years in the lead up to the toppling of Mubarak. The same NED was instrumental by informed accounts in the US-backed “Color Revolutions” in 2003-2004 in Ukraine and Georgia that brought US-backed pro-NATO surrogates to power. The same NED has been active in promoting “human rights” in Myanmar, in Tibet, and China’s oil-rich Xinjiang province. [9]

www.voltairenet.org...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
what a horrible old phone

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is a very fishy story.

In the old days, it would never happen. The Russians, on discovering the CIA agent was trying to recruit a Russian, would simply play along. They would then feed the US lots of false and misleading info, using their Russian "double-agent", and this is how the game was played. It never got to the news. Did the game change?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

The game always changes.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
Star me if you think WW3 is coming

No comment from you other than a shameless troll for stars?? Is this what ATS is reduced to these days

This in no way shape or form has anything to do with WW3

RE the OP, its interesting that it still goes on, like someone else has said, normally isn't the recruitment done on neutral soil to prevent things like this happening? Regardless, that's someone career cut embarrassingly short and some questions will be asked at Langley.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

I doubt he was actually "CIA", but hey, anything could happen

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The timing of this is perfect to deflect the negative media hype over the IRS investigations and the AP phone wire taps.

I'm waiting to hear Eric Holder announce that Homeland Security is taking the fall for it all.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This story sounds like it came directly from an episode of The Americans.. which took place in the 80's.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Lol this happens all the time, not sure why they brought it to MSM..but Russia prob has 100's of Spies in the US same with China and other countries..they all spy on each other. This is nothing new and it will keep happening..It seems he was an amateur for sure..His tech is very low..Compared to MI6..the CIA is high tech, so this could be Mossad, posing to be CIA
who knows. What was it 2 years ago the US found 12 Russian spies and was all over the news then got them deported back to Russia.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
LOL, his "spy" kit looks so cliche and kiddyish. Might as well had sent him in with this:

edit on 16-5-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Brilliant move.

We lied about Afghanistan issuing an invitation to Russian soldiers to help throw religious zealots called the Mujahadeen out of their country on American news and called it an invasion. Brezinski and the CIA spearheaded an effort to overthrow this attempt to keep these zealots at bay because we got defeated in Vietnam. A grudge. I remember seeing these reports on the news watching my grandfathers TV 6 O'clock news as a a child.

I just recently found out that they didn't invade.

14,000 Russian soldiers died and the Mujahadeen eventually became the Taliban led by Bin Laden.

Brilliant move. The Russian special services was going to fall for that one. That would be like spitting on one of the 14,000 soldiers we got killed.

Would this CIA guy in Russia spit on an American soldier? Then why would he try to recruit Russian secret service? Whoever sent him on this mission should be fired. He probably didn't have any choice.

edit on 16-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You know the other silly thing about this operation.

The Russians could have been tough and charged him with espionage and retained him.

Instead they simply expelled him. Sent him packing back home to his friends and family. And this is who we are trying to underhandedly deal with after getting 14,000 Russian soldiers killed.

At least as reasonable as we are.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join