It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Achieving That Which is Called "Heaven On Earth"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Bonding means finding something in common with others.

Life IS but diverse, individually unique just as the 'serpent' in
the garden of Eden.
The only thing in life which we 'share' is
this planet and our creation/origin.
"Finding something in common" is a insecurity issue that can
lead to problems, as gang mentality.
To truly see the expansive awe and beauty, and
appreciate life there doesn't need to be
things in common.
Harmony can not be achieved by relying on
finding things in common. Harmony can only be achieved by
respecting the differences of life itself.

edit on 14/5/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

The fact that we are all human is one thing in common. That fact that we all share this Earth together, is another. The fact that we are all different human beings with unique personalities is another thing in common.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Our argumentative nature and need to feel vindicated we have in common.

Our viewpoints, mostly unique!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalAccount2008

Exactly!

Even agreeing with you is causing difference/conflict because there will probably be another to come along and disagree with you.

It's all good.

When we force others to take our opinion as truth, then we get angry when they don't. I will argue with people, but I'll do so calmly. I'll only do it so that I have the opportunity to express myself and what "I" believe to be truth, but if they don't take it, I understand. Each person has different opinions and ways of looking at things.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalAccount2008

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Heaven is here right here and right now but the belief in more, has you seeking more. That seeking is your suffering. That seeking is hell. When the seeking drops away the kingdom shall be revealed.
Looking outside of this moment to something better (worshipping other) is what makes this hell. The belief in better, better world, better me, better everything is what makes this denied - this right here - this that is happening always presently.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Touche!

Excepting this present moment, and taking in all of its unique beauty, is at the very least a good way to kill time until whatever you're seeking is handed to you. Loving this moment.

There is only the present moment available so what is left to seek? The realization of presence is what is sought.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

If the following is not the case in an Individual:

Nirvikalpa samādhi, on the other hand, absorption without self-consciousness, is a mergence of the mental activity (cittavṛtti) in the Self, to such a degree, or in such a way, that the distinction (vikalpa) of knower, act of knowing, and object known becomes dissolved — as waves vanish in water, and as foam vanishes into the sea.[3] The difference to the other samadhis is that there is no return from this samadhi into lower states of consciousness. Therefore this is the only true final Enlightenment.

Then that individual is still a work in progress

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Where did you source the quote from? I would be interested in reading more.
It is ok I have found where you got it - wiki, it was written by Heinrich Zimmer.

Are you saying that the 'individual' has something other than the present moment?
edit on 15-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Where did you source the quote from? I would be interested in reading more.
It is ok I have found where you got it - wiki, it was written by Heinrich Zimmer.

Are you saying that the 'individual' has something other than the present moment?

The present moment embraces everything, however, yes there is more to it than just the present moment.

There is the source of Awareness realized and rested in....
There is the source of Thought cleansed out. realized, and rested in...
There is the Source of Love, opened, realized, and rested in......
There are also physical changes that take place in the vessel, various channels that open up and flow.

It is much Much more than just the Now realized and seeing that I am not the mind or the body.........

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The individual (the one that is divided/dual) looks at everything with the eyes of a business man.
The pure seeing sees with the eyes of a lover.
It is being in love with what is. Being in love.
Being.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The individual (the one that is divided/dual) looks at everything with the eyes of a business man.

That's the mind/ego. There is a Pure You that exists prior to the mind/ego. It is the You hat existed prior to inhabiting a body. That Pure You has a Source which is located in the Heart.

We are ultimately saying the same thing, other than me saying that it goes much deeper and there is much more than just seeing that there is no you, not the mind, not the body

The pure seeing sees with the eyes of a lover. It is being in love with what is. Being in love. Being.

No qualms with that statement. Just to say that there is much more to it all. BE weary of Neo-Advaita which is the pop culture view since Tolle came out and various "teachers" followed stating there is nothing that no-one can do and that Once it is seen that you are not the body/mind, that the Awakening is then complete.

Even Adi Shankara, who is the Big name for Advaita in Antiquity, would have him as Awareness/Pure Me pop out of the body and travel around. Or Buddha would pop out of the Body and debate with Demi-gods. So there's that as well.

Just saying the rabbit hole goes very deep

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Read the OP again and thought its not that difficult as I previously posted and now deleted as you state what the simple Law is in my opinion and what holds everything together in this universe, unity. Its plays such a wonderful tune that one calls harmony and for those that can hear it can help others hear the same tune as I have experienced here on ATS today in another thread.

My opinion of achieving "heaven on Earth" is to simply find happiness in your heart.

Feeling love and happiness that is true to the experience r can only be described from how I perceive reality in a physical and spiritual sense as "Heaven on Earth"

Its that simple for me, I wish I could be for others as well.
edit on 16-5-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kgnow
reply to post by arpgme

S&F

Heaven on Earth is within our reach,... but for how long shall we hesitate to outstretch our hands towards it?

Heaven on Earth can only be created by the collective work, effort, intention, and desire of all of mankind.

If we all would meditate, philosophize, and rationalize that All is One, from here shall spring compassion and altruism. All is One through interconnected relationship upon interconnected relationship. There is no isolated 'thing', therefore separation is an illusion.

All is one through energy and space-time.

All is one through atoms and subatomic particles.

All of mankind is one through Mitochondrial-Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam.

All is One and One is All.

If we want Heaven on Earth... Paradise... or a Utopia... we must make it. We must care, share, help, and have compassion. All must have unconditional freedom in the kgnowledge of One.

Peace

However, I believe all must do it on a individual level first before uniting to create happiness or a heaven on earth.

One must discover heaven on the inside to be able to know what it might look like on the outside.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Heaven is here right here and right now but the belief in more, has you seeking more. That seeking is your suffering. That seeking is hell. When the seeking drops away the kingdom shall be revealed.
Looking outside of this moment to something better (worshipping other) is what makes this hell. The belief in better, better world, better me, better everything is what makes this denied - this right here - this that is happening always presently.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Very well said, as I have posted a number of times, your words resonate deep within me and show me that which I too believe I have discovered within numerous times and tried denying, however I am starting to pay more attention and denial is becoming a concept that which I cannot use as its beginning to take its toll.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I have my own version of Heaven on Earth.

It consists of fried egg sandwiches, fried chicken, fish and shrimp, Cajun seasoned crispy french fries smothered in chili and cheese and for desert, one can of Oregon Blueberries chilled to 34 degrees.

Tasty, Hmmmmm

I bet ya John many less fortunate that are starving world wide would agree too.

Many times I feel guilt when I cannot finish whats on my plate knowing children are dieing of hunger by the 1000s

Sorry to stain your en joyful humorous post with some of my sad thoughts, I'm just in a posting mood today as I believe I felt a spark of happiness after a long time.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Had to star a number of replies as there is much wisdom being thrown around and yet there is little clashing.

Many times in this forum there is much debate about who's philosophy is true or not, here is great example that there is no need to clash if we can understand our similarities outweigh our differences.

Hats of to ATS for being a platform for bringing many differing views together and hopefully creating or help create that which this thread is about.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've recently decided what heaven on earth is for me.

It is to be part of a family.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Heaven and Hell... They are feelings...

When you feel very good this place is heaven, when you feel very bad this place is hell.

So it all comes down to feelings.

We need to do two things:

Change things for better and, simultaneously, react the best we can to what existence is on every given moment.

The urge to do something, to create, to change reallity is Yang.
The urge to adapt to reality and react well to whatever happens is Yin.

Lets be yang and yin, lets create and, at the same time, lets love what is already created, what is present..

This will give balance.

Its possible to balance the will to transform reality and the will to love reality as it already is.

This would be heaven.

Just MHO.

edit on 17-5-2013 by Manula because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2013 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I really wish your dream was reality. I wish this was again the Garden of Eden that god oversaw and we were assigned to nurture and guide it without greed and destruction of the environment.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You're talking about a change in life that can only be brought about through profound realization or recognition of the false self and transcendence of Mind. Anything short of that, is a waste of your precious time. What you're seeking can't be given to you through words or mental game playing nonsense. No philosophy BS will take you to that 'place' within you. Nor will religion, belief or Ideologies. The Truth, or Heaven, is BEFORE the words, concepts and thoughts, as such you do NOT need them to find what you're looking for. For serious seekers, this is very good news indeed.

Lao Tzu wrote Tao Te Ching, while being held captive, as a way of getting out of captivity. There was no other intention beyond that. He was not trying to teach something that can not be taught. He knew that it was impossible to transmit the Living reality of Tao to ANYBODY. Rather than deceive people with false teachings, false definitions and mental concepts of Tao, he made it absolutely clear (in his first sentence) that the 'The Tao that is spoken, is not the Tao'.

Yet even today, people try to find the Tao by attempting to understand and philosophize his words. This is the same mistake we make with all of the teachings from the great masters. We turn it into philosophical nonsense, beliefs, moralities, ethics and laws. Which to this day, has failed to bring anyone to realize the truth, enlightenment or so called 'Heaven on Earth'. And rightfully so, because every single thing you can think of and every thought and concept you have in your mind regarding Self, God, Reality, and Truth is the result of the delusion that comes from the illusion, or Maya.

The truth which is said to be right here and right NOW, can only be lived and experienced when it is not hidden behind the veil of the mind and false self ( you're ideas, philosophies and theories of yourself and existence)
edit on 17-5-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join