It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

雲仙岳 Mount Unzen dome collapse & pyroclastic flow footage, person(s) flee on foot!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

It's absolute real footage, go tell your coworkers that they must have watched too many Movies and to less
Documentaries like you too, i guess.
As stated by many others, it's not Fake it's real and happened in 1991.
I saw it then and now and it looks the same as ever.

Wonder if you will come back to say, okay guys you were right !

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

It's much, much hotter than you think.
en.wikipedia.org...

A pyroclastic flow (also known scientifically as a pyroclastic density current[1]) is a fast-moving current of hot gas and rock (collectively known as tephra), which reaches speeds moving away from a volcano of up to 700 km/h (450 mph).[2] The gas can reach temperatures of about 1,000 °C (1,830 °F). Pyroclastic flows normally hug the ground and travel downhill, or spread laterally under gravity. Their speed depends upon the density of the current, the volcanic output rate, and the gradient of the slope. They are a common and devastating result of certain explosive volcanic eruptions.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Run Forest Run

I remember seeing that, Nature you scary

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
43 people died during this incident in June 3, 1991

Two of those killed were volcanologists Katia and Maurice Krafft who where filming eruptions at Mount Unzen.

Below is a quote from them, filmed the day before their deaths:

"I am never afraid because I have seen so much eruptions in 23 years that even if I die tomorrow, I don't care," Maurice Krafft

Seems they really loved their volcanoes and to them it was the meaning of life. In which case, I guess exiting this life by a volcano was quite fitting for them.

My life has been dedicated to chasing after women... so... wonder how I'll go out.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Let's hope hedge clippers are not involved.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Wow thanks for sharing. That guy out ran the mini van LOL. Smoke hot enough to burn you, no thank you and I live near a volcano on the decade list too

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I'm not sure whether you're being sarcastic or trolling. Whatever it is, please cut it out.

And to the OP, nice find. Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by l0vedim0

Originally posted by l0vedim0

....That guy out ran the mini van.....

From the front, it did look similar to a minivan, but it was actually much bigger. If you watch it again, you will see more of it when it passes by the camera. I think it was a Firetruck.

He wouldn't have been able to outrun it for much longer. I'm sure he probably jumped on it, soon after they passed the camera.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well... quite frankly... its not like I enjoy bursting people's bubbles but... against a pyroclastic flow why bother running? Either it gets to you, or not - its up to it, not up to you really... speeds up to 600 or 800 km/h (almost 500mph) and temperatures as high as 1000ºc (1800f) its not like running will get you anywhere... I remember seeing this - it was brutal

Awesome footage for history's records.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Having a bad day?

Please back up your claims.

Great video OP

I love how nature can be scary sometimes.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
thanks for posting, amazing what nature can do isnt it, i wonder how many people died? thanks for posting

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

... against a pyroclastic flow why bother running? Either it gets to you, or not - its up to it, not up to you really... speeds up to 600 or 800 km/h (almost 500mph) and temperatures as high as 1000ºc (1800f) its not like running will get you anywhere...
Running got that person to the other side of the river. Nobody in their right mind is just going to stand there watching it come at them.

As shown in this particular video, it may drastically change directions. So you never know, getting an additional 20' further away, could actually make a difference.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by theboarman
i wonder how many people died?

43 people ventured into the hazard zone and died that day.

Mount Unzen also erupted on May 21, 1792 resulting in a tremendous tsunami, killing 15,000 people altogether.

The high death toll made it the most deadly volcanic eruption in Japan’s history.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

I'm 52..no younger guy here..

still think its fake..

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Now your just being contentious...go research the footage, the eruption.

Beat a dead horse much? lol.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Wow, thats intense, if I was that guy running, I would have jumped onto that truck and hold onto dear life!!! Lmao

top topics

<< 1   >>

join