It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help Saving Things before Wiping off my Hard drive.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

WOW! Thanks so much for that information! That is great!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

AlchemistSwami,
I just used the clean up wizard link you sent me.... and WOW! What a difference! My pages are coming up so much faster! I am paying the highest price for the fastest internet they have to offer, and at times, it was like I was on dial-up! Talk about frustrating!

Now, hopefully, I'll be getting my money's worth. Thank you again!!! I'm happy!!

edit on 5/13/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I still can't get into the chat room here on ATS. I've had problems with this for the past few months. I've updated my flash drive, and done everything I know to do.

Any suggestions on that... anyone?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Have you tried to access chat with Internet Explorer? Try it and we can see if it's a compatibility issue.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Don't forget the "My Documents" file, a lot of programs and games use that folder for settings and saves. You can try to zip/rar your files if you need a just a liiittle more space.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

I have tried several times to download IE, but there is a problem somewhere; it won't run.

I had IE, but my daughter needed Google Chrome to be able to do something relating to her online classes, so she erased IE; she said it was interfering with Google. I haven't been able to get it back since. She also downloaded Mozilla Foxfire. I think maybe having three operating systems had something all discombobulated.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

I have tried several times to download IE, but there is a problem somewhere; it won't run.

I had IE, but my daughter needed Google Chrome to be able to do something relating to her online classes, so she erased IE; she said it was interfering with Google. I haven't been able to get it back since. She also downloaded Mozilla Foxfire. I think maybe having three operating systems had something all discombobulated.

It's Firefox not Foxfire and they are "web browsers" not "operating systems." Sounds like neither of you know how to use a computer.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberneticProphet

Originally posted by sled735

It's Firefox not Foxfire and they are "web browsers" not "operating systems." Sounds like neither of you know how to use a computer.

Ha, Ha!!!
That's why I'm in this forum!
Just not paying attention to my wording. My operating system is Windows XP. I used to have Win7; LOVED IT! But the last time I took my computer to the computer guy to have it wiped out and reloaded, he put WinXP on it! Drats!!!

edit on 5/14/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I had a ghost file I used to reload my computer back to how it was after the last time I had the hard drive cleaned off, and I saved everything I wanted to a memory stick.

Now my question is... I had Google Chrome, but now I have IE again. I didn't realize how much slower I.E. is compared to Google!!
If I upload Google back to my computer, will it interfer with how things are set up with I.E.? I'm sure my daughter will be uploading the FireFox back on it too. Will that create a problem?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Cheap memory stick-zip-flash drive.

Highlight>cut and paste into it>done. 2 seconds...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

You are quite welcome. How is it going so far? Did the other suggestion of alternating browsers to use chat work?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

I haven't tried to use I.E. because of the threats. But it is going okay now on FireFox. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join