It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those that think gay marriage is wrong...Moving video

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by just1question

Originally posted by just1question

Here is a novel idea:

Take all the gay men or women on planet earth and put them on a planet elsewhere in the universe so they won't be discriminated against. Guess what you will have in 125 years...an empty planet.

That depends. Where will the bisexual people people? Will they be on Earth or the other planet?

If they are on the other planet, it will not go extinct.

If they are on Earth, gay people will NATURALLY be born here again through some of the offspring of the bisexuals.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

My sister does not like homosexuality and believes its wrong according to God but she does not wish any of their Civil Rights to be infringed upon. Yet when she openly states her view, and she does quite a lot, she gets scorned as being discriminatory by those in the gay community.

Some have said to her that they understand her views and accept it but most do not.

If a man were to openly state his view that your sister is inferior to him because she is a woman and he is a man, would it be hypocritical of her not to understand and accept his view? I assume she would want her own view that she is not inferior by virtue of her gender to be accepted. However, by your logic, she should accept this man's view if she wants hers to be accepted.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Certainly your homosexual support despite logic shows otherwise.

It's not "homosexual support", it's support for equality. Not everyone supports that, I know.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

edit on 14-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
*Yawn*

Are people still up in arms over what people choose to do in their own bedrooms?

Are people still really debating whether all consenting adults should have the right to enter into legal contracts with the state?

Are people still going on about how their moral high ground affords them the right to sound like complete and utter morons 24/7?

They ARE?

~Tenth

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Take all the gay men or women on planet earth and put them on a planet elsewhere in the universe so they won't be discriminated against. Guess what you will have in 125 years...an empty planet.

Do you think they should take all the gay rabbits, dogs, dolphins etc too...?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I find it funny how those that support gay marriage insist on having their views accepted yet they do not extend that same curtesy to those that may not like it.

Very very hypocritical of them.

People who find this wrong or that wrong are the problem, we all have to live on this spinning ball and peeps should just learn to get on with their own things, primarily their own lives.

I couldn't care if two 3 eyed, 6 breasted lesbian elephants got married, I'd wish them all the best and continue on my way.

And those people that cast their views on to others, don't even get me started on them

edit on 14-5-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

This is a good argument.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Thankyou for making me laugh so hard early in the morning

This statement implies that the gay people here on earth that you propose to send to another planet are the only gay people that exist and no more gay people will come along once you have got rid of them.

Simple fact is that straight homes breed gay people. As a result there is a never ending supply of 'new' gay people because straight people keep having babies.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
double post

edit on 14-5-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberneticProphet

All i get from that video is that public opinion only matters if the church and it's teachings agree with it and that the speaker believes that it is good to admit that you are gay, but it is not good for that same person to want to live in what he would term a 'morally good' relationship by following the model of marriage.

Hmm, I smell a very well spoken hypocritical rat here.........

To the speaker and followers of his argument I ask this; If you are prepared to accept that gay people exist, why are you not trying to bring them to the same 'moral standards' that you so righteously want to uphold? How is allowing gay people to follow the moral code that is accepted and promoted in the straight world going to bring morality down?

Will it not actually help raise the moral standing of society if you were able to say to gay people 'hey, we know you exist, we know that you have relationships, now here, live like us and live to the same standards of commitment and monogamy as we do in our marriages'?

Also, this is coming from a religious perspective. Gay people are not asking for religious rights, the church already makes it's stance pretty clear on this issue. The argument for gay marriage is about common law rights.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberneticProphet

I don't think it is a good argument. I don't think it's much of an argument at all. He sounds (mostly) reasonable - right up to the point where he says that the sentimentalizing of moral issues is a problem

I'll say it is

He seems to think that what's morally right is something that can be decided objectively - by someone

Who is this objective person (or group) that gets to decide what is and isn't morally acceptable - for everyone? How is the view of that person or group less sentimental (or more rational) than the views of anyone else?

He wants to appear open minded, welcoming - tolerant. But what he's really saying is: just because people are nice doesn't mean letting them marry is a good idea. He doesn't once explain how or why it's not a good idea - morally or otherwise. He just leaves us with this vague idea that it's OK to like gay people - but that this doesn't automatically translate into accepting gay marriages as being OK. He says this right before he says his main objective is to clear away some of the fog...

:-)

Nice try. Some people still seem to believe that what people are asking for is permission

While gay people might be hoping for acceptance - I think most people realistically recognize that this isn't something they can expect or demand

What they can demand is that they have the same rights as anyone else

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Many here seem to be misunderstanding the argument. It's not whether or not homosexuality is right or wrong. The argument is whether or not your discomfort with them should negate their rights as consenting adults. Religious arguments aren't valid, after all, I see a lot of divorced guys with shaved faces wearing mixed fabric clothing.

Freedom requires tolerance, not acceptance.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Glad you got a laugh out of it.

I should have clarified that the men and women were NOT on the same planet. Way too tempting.

And therein lies the beauty of the conundrum of being gay and bisexual. Gay doesn't replicate. Bisexual does.

Please don't make it sound like I feel as if all gays should be shipped off the earth. It was just an analogy. At some point people just have to look at the facts and the truth and not let emotions get in the way. We are a species, like so many others on this planet. Our basic design calls for a male and female for replication. End of story.

I was just trying to interject some logic into a subject that sometimes gets taken out of context because supporters ride a wave of emotion that has no place in the making of rational decisions. It is not logical to bash anyone for their sexual orientation but it is not logical for them to bash those that don't support their particular views.

I can't comment on the "gay animals" post cause I have yet to figure out how one makes the determination an animal is gay. Next time my neighbors dog humps my leg, I will try and come to a decision. I really wish the leaders of the gay community would come up with a better description of their lifestyle choice. Gay sounds so ragged and wrong and bad.
On the other hand, Bi sexual kinda has an allure to it...a sense of adventure, mysterious and fascinating. Maybe coming up with a new classification would make it easier on the gay community.

I certainly hope we never see the day that one can be held liable in some way for using the "G" word. It has happened before in some cases but that is another black hole to explore...ooops...

???

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Please don't make it sound like I feel as if all gays should be shipped off the earth. It was just an analogy. At some point people just have to look at the facts and the truth and not let emotions get in the way. We are a species, like so many others on this planet. Our basic design calls for a male and female for replication. End of story.

I was just trying to interject some logic into a subject that sometimes gets taken out of context because supporters ride a wave of emotion that has no place in the making of rational decisions. It is not logical to bash anyone for their sexual orientation but it is not logical for them to bash those that don't support their particular views.

What about impotent heterosexual males and sterile heterosexual females? What is the "logical" thing to do with them? Ship them off because they can't replicate? Make them hide in a basement or closet somewhere? Make them feel bad about themselves? Should we not allow them to get marriage licenses? How do we logically deal with them?

Here's what I think. People like you just have a general "icky" feeling about homosexual sex. This is emotional, and not based on any logic. You don't want to admit that, so you pretend it's all about the logic that gays can't replicate. But I bet you don't really have a problem with impotent heterosexual males and sterile heterosexual females, do you?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Glad you got a laugh out of it.

I should have clarified that the men and women were NOT on the same planet. Way too tempting.

And therein lies the beauty of the conundrum of being gay and bisexual. Gay doesn't replicate. Bisexual does.

???

I totally get where you are coming from, but the whole point of my counterargument is that gay people are not created as the result of a same sex union. You are indeed 100% correct that same sex relations cannot produce children. But a planet filled with infertile straight people would suffer the same fate so this argument is kind of pointless really.

As I pointed out earlier, gay people are born and raised the same was as straight people are. Segregating the gay community would not mean that the gay population becomes extinct at all. Approximately 10% of all babies born will grow up gay. So as the general population grows, so does the gay population.

In fact as I have pointed out already, childless couples (gay or straight) are actually helping slow the population growth, which at this point in time is actually not a bad thing given that the world is in a precarious state with regards to natural resources and food supplies.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'll say what nobody will and be banned I assume. Best friends don't have to be sexually active they just are the best friends anyone could have. Sexual intercourse with men isn't necessary if you care for another.

Just saying why do you need that?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
3 simple reasons why gay is (not) bad. Ego workout - Logical argument

First, I do not want to offend anyone, second, sorry on my bad english.

Why gay or same sex relationships are bad is so simple to me, and reason I have to back it up are rarely talked about. I do not hear other people talking about this reasons at all. Im not gay hater, I do not care if people or even my friends are gay.

First, simple and not so important reason:
Biological imperative.

Yes, if humanity wants to survive we need to have heterosexual relationships - but, with new technology we can produce new humans artificially. Thats why this reason is not so important. We wont extinct if all people go gay, not anymore.

Second, more important reason:
Health and mental health problems of gay culture.

Well studied and documented facts gets more than plenty of reasons why gay is bad. It is not just a matter of health issues (some can be fixed again with technology), bigger problems are mental health problems. You can search for studies about this subject, since no source will prove anything to someone who do not want to accept what I just said.

Thirth most important reason (and why I wrote this..):
Gays are egocentric.

Let me explain.

Human have consciousness, and ego is biggest enemy. When you smoke, and want to stop smoking, but you do not succeed, thats because you allowed yourself to enjoy a little more. Your consciousness knows smoking is bad for you, but since you enjoy it, you will continue. There is no any reason at all to continue smoking, except you like it. That's ego in work.

The same goes with gays, and the same goes with really any desire.

You are consciousness being and you literally do not need to do ANY thing because you can choose so. You are not forced to smoke, or you are not forced to be gay, or you are not forced to drink coca cola. You simply choose to do it because you like it.

From all things you can do with your consciousness you just choose simple physical pleasure, witch you could say it is love - like love is enough good reason in first place.

Your consciousness is even bigger than love. You choose to be driven by your own desires.

Some might want to say:
- i do not care about biological imperative
- i do not care about health/psycho issues
- so what if im egocentric and want to pleasure myself? There are many successful egocentric people that I like and I wanna be like them to do what I like. Or if you want it - that is not egocentric in first place.

Whenever ego is in place, somebody gets hurt, on any level in any way. You are like ego transmitter to the world and world gets nothing useful from that. That's because ego is a lie, someone's imagination.

So, if you do not care to spread hurt through ego, then you are part of what we call bad forces on this world.
I do not say that gay ppl are evil, but the root of ego is just that.

I personally could not think of any NO-EGO reason why anyone would want to be in gay relationship. It is just like smoking, why would anyone stop if they enjoy it. They LOVE to smoke. So what? It does not mean that we should learn children to accept smoking as the most acceptable thing someone in the world would do. And why? Because it makes no sense - it is full of not true.

edit on 14-5-2013 by poweref because: .

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I smoke occasionally but I don't prefer male intercourse nor did I have it. Am I missing something I like women just saying.

Your comment doesn't add up against a friend and a lover that is male. Somking does not relate to a sexual relationship IMO

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I really wish the leaders of the gay community would come up with a better description of their lifestyle choice. Gay sounds so ragged and wrong and bad.

It only sounds that way to assholes, no offense.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join