It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Nohmul Pyramid In Belize Destroyed By Bulldozer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

muzzle those are, repeat ARE, pyramids.
wait, what is that in the distance........

lo, I think I see the dust from a far off approaching BULLDOZER.

could you post a picture of the "pile of dirt" beside
one of these "pyramids" to gather a better perspective?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Muzzlereak is funny

he just doesnt get it

let me explian

any old artifact...even a tree...cannot be removed on the decision of a private individual

there has to be debate and protection if need be

we have to protect the culture for future generations

as we dont know what impact they could have

plus

how hard is it to deviate a road by a few meters?...if it was old, and manmade, then the people that removed it are selfish...they need a dose of liberty...500ml should be enough

anyway.. i could of explained it better...but your blatanlty a troll
edit on 15-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
Muzzlereak is funny

he just doesnt get it

let me explian

any old artifact...even a tree...cannot be removed on the decision of a private individual

there has to be debate and protection if need be

we have to protect the culture for future generations

as we dont know what impact they could have

plus

how hard is it to deviate a road by a few meters?...if it was old, and manmade, then the people that removed it are selfish...they need a dose of liberty...500ml should be enough

anyway.. i could of explained it better...but your blatanlty a troll

Now rest assured I'm not accusing you of being an archeologist, but---

If archeologists controlled human development, no manmade structure over 150 years old could be dsetroyed, moved, or altered without their prior study and approval. Most educated non-archeologists are glad that is not the actual condition of the power structure.

As far as being a troll---nope. Just trying to deny ignorance for the populace. Of course, some folks are so soaked in it that words and pictures have little effect.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

muzzle those are, repeat ARE, pyramids.
wait, what is that in the distance........

lo, I think I see the dust from a far off approaching BULLDOZER.

could you post a picture of the "pile of dirt" beside
one of these "pyramids" to gather a better perspective?

Who are they gonna believe? Their lyin' eyes or the MSM Do-gooders? ;-)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

ok

a couple of people cannot make a decision like that

we have to be careful that the private sector doesnt dictate...its a dialogue not a monologue right

im saying

there was a 100yr tree on my road...one autumn...the council came round and trimmed the branches
we woke up to find that 100 yr tree in peices...based on an off-the-cuff decision of a single dude,

turns out he didnt even need to, no one told him to...he just thought he was helping in some way

it was there before all of us

annoying to say the least...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
A time-honored practice followed by many cultures around the world for thousands of years. Examples include the Egyptian Great Pyramid. Its facing stones were stripped off to build Cairo. Another example is found in many bronze statues from Greek & Roman times. They don't exist because they were melted down, in some cases to make cannon. A lot of artistic expression was lost when that happened. Some of the stones in Avebury were removed to build houses. There's a modern road in Rome that runs right through an area of Old Rome where there were many temples and priceless objects that could not be excavated because of it.

It is not at all unusual for a subsequent culture to recycle material for building. The only reason people here are "sickened" and "dismayed' is because they've been taught that all these objects are untouchable and endowed with some sort of mystical power that means they can never be touched. We can't build a dam because we have to save the snail darter and our precious genetic heritage.

Reduce Reuse Recycle. It's not a new concept.

Goes against the grain of the OP, but I agree.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

As far as being a troll---nope. Just trying to deny ignorance for the populace. Of course, some folks are so soaked in it that words and pictures have little effect.

You clearly have no proof of your dirt pile theory.

You loose this debate as your evidence is based on nothing other than your own opinion.
nah nah
:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

I gave you and MuzzleBreak a star each because 7 pages of trolling without providing any factual evidence or checkable sources is pretty good going.

It is unfortunate that you both feel the need to derail an otherwise good thread though.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak

And look out for words like "ill-informed". One of my better replies got axed for my guessing the other debater didn't take quickly to education
edit on 15-5-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

The reason your response got axed was because you were rude and obnoxious, you know nothing about me but feel yourself qualified to judge me, my education and my state of mind, you overestimate yourself!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

i've been to belize and climbed one of their pyramids, they're incredible. you could look across miles and miles of jungle hiding who knows what. there are very many pyramids in belize, but NONE should be destroyed. last i heard only a few percent of the jungle was explored/excavated. so many mysteries waiting to be discovered, and one is destroyed for rubble to pave a road.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
There are scores of Mayan pyramids and temples.

These monumental works have lasted for millenia.
The things the Mayans intended to last---lasted.
Why?

Because they were finished with large hewn stones that took several men to move.

I have seen no evidence of any monumental stones in the pictures provided. All the "bricks" are of a size that could be carried by women and children laborers.

Show me evidence of monumental stones that have been moved, and I'll change my mind.

The layered structure is there, but that could just be a function of stacking the cut and carried caliche in a more stable formation to await its final purpose.

Not all ancient ruins were built with "monumental stones" as the "Great Zimbabwe Ruins" is testimony of!

Oh wait, you were right and I was wrong, it is just a HUGE pile of "Caliche", which has been VERY NEATLY stacked for later use! Why on earth did they stack it that high if it was just going to be moved later? Clearly they had no idea of what a waste of labour doing so was! Would hate to be the guy that put the last one on top of the pile just to be told that it was time to move them to where they would actually be used! Up the loooong ladder and bring them down again! Or maybe they just removed them from the bottom, no matter if the pile collapses on top of them?

Yeah right!

edit on 16/5/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

I listed several posts of phone numbers that anyone that was really concerned could have called the government in Belieze and spouted off in their hysterically emotive fashion to make a difference in the use of this pile of dirt. Instead, all you get is the irrationally emotive expressions of "save the baby whale" mentality, while 4,500 baby
humans are aborted every day.

Extreme misplaced effort and emotion.

I showed pictures of a pile of dirt vs a real pyramid.

The real evidence of the problem would require the application of a MMPI and about fifteen sessions of intense psychiatric work, including psychodrama and hypnosis, regression and other known techniques to reslove past emotional blockages in the hysterically motivated "save the baby whale" thinking paradigm. An MMPI is the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Profile, a 655 question psychiatric test used to diagnose severe psychiatric disturbances including neurosis and personality disordered individuals.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

www.slickrock.com...

here is a free map of all the Mayan ruins in Belize.

www.slickrock.com...

shows seventeen existing Mayan Ruins

(population of Belize is 350000. divide that by the number
of Mayan ruins 17 and the result is that 20588 people
have to pay taxes to support just one of these ruins)

The owner of the recently destroyed pile of rocks/dirt pays taxes and supports the existing 17 ruins.
and when an ancient structure is preserved why do you think it is called a "ruins"
The word ruin means destroyed. damaged beyond repair

Definition of RUIN
1a archaic : a falling down : collapse b : physical, moral, economic, or social collapse
2a : the state of being ruined —archaic except in plural b : the remains of something destroyed —usually used in plural
3: a cause of destruction
4a : the action of destroying, laying waste, or wrecking b : damage, injury
5: a ruined building, person, or object
— ru·in·ate \ˈrü-ə-ˌnāt, -nət\ adjective
— ruinate \-ˌnāt\ transitive verb

www.merriam-webster.com...

and again instead of paying your money for internet access and food, which is contributing to the ruin of americans health, how many of you and how much MONEY have you protectionists sent to Belize
to assist in discovering and preserving these pyramidal piles of rubble?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by LeLeu

www.slickrock.com...

here is a free map of all the Mayan ruins in Belize.

www.slickrock.com...

shows seventeen existing Mayan Ruins

(population of Belize is 350000. divide that by the number
of Mayan ruins 17 and the result is that 20588 people
have to pay taxes to support just one of these ruins)

The owner of the recently destroyed pile of rocks/dirt pays taxes and supports the existing 17 ruins.
and when an ancient structure is preserved why do you think it is called a "ruins"
The word ruin means destroyed. damaged beyond repair

Definition of RUIN
1a archaic : a falling down : collapse b : physical, moral, economic, or social collapse
2a : the state of being ruined —archaic except in plural b : the remains of something destroyed —usually used in plural
3: a cause of destruction
4a : the action of destroying, laying waste, or wrecking b : damage, injury
5: a ruined building, person, or object
— ru·in·ate ˈrü-ə-ˌnāt, -nət adjective
— ruinate -ˌnāt transitive verb

www.merriam-webster.com...

and again instead of paying your money for internet access and food, which is contributing to the ruin of americans health, how many of you and how much MONEY have you protectionists sent to Belize
to assist in discovering and preserving these pyramidal piles of rubble?

I am a bookbinder, I restore frail antique books and I have done so for over 20 years now. Most of them range from 300-600 years old, the oldest I have worked on was just over 800 years old. I already play my role in the preservation of world heritage every day. How about yourself, what have you done for the cause of perserving historical artifacts?
edit on 16-5-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Also contribute money to Catholic church which maintains
millions of ancient artifacts.

You work in bookbinding, how many Mayan books have you
preserved or even paid some of your money to help preserve?

The Mayan's practiced human sacrifice,
they aborted human life after it was born and
was walking around. Thousands of humans
lives aborted before their natural completion.

This pile of dirt is insignificant is relation to the
seventeen existing ruins that are preserved in Belize.

So the destruction of a structure like this is not legal,
neither is running a stop light or lying on tax return or cheating on test.

The private property owner can probably buy his way out of it.

congratulations on you job with books. computers and
kindle will soon make books and libraries obsolete and unnecessary.

then the books can be properly recycled into other
paper products thereby saving trees.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

the Catholic church protects and stores and maintains more ancient books than you could ever count. plus thay also have the knowledge and expertise to help others save and preserve books, documents and manuscripts.
probably some of the money i have donated eventually funded a class or workshop you attended to learn how to do your job.

this road that the pile of dirt is being used to make could probably be the road into the jungle for a more fabulous mayam ruin yet to be discovered.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

You seem so full of information regarding the population of Belize, the amount of taxes that they pay to "support" these ruins could you possibly enlighten us as to how much money tourists, who go to Belize specifically to go and see these piles of mud, spend while they are in Belize and why that money isn't being used to "support" the "piles of mud"?

And talk about hysterically emotive rants, "Save the Baby Whales"? "Abortion"? Really?
edit on 16/5/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
you are either part of the solution or part of the problem:

call and find out what you can do
about preserving world history and heritage,
instead of whining and bellyaching on a web site.

The States Parties to the Convention should inform the
Committee as soon as possible about threats to their sites.
On the other hand, private individuals, non-governmental
organizations, or other groups may also draw the
Committee's attention to existing threats. If the alert is
justified and the problem serious enough, the Committee
may consider including the site on the List of World Heritage in Danger.

To inform the World Heritage Committee about threats to sites,
you may contact the Committee's Secretariat at:

World Heritage Centre
UNESCO
7, place de Fontenoy
75352 Paris 07 SP
France

Tel.: 33 (01) 45 68 18 71
Fax: 33 (01) 45 68 55 70
E-mail: [email protected]

part of the solution or part of the problem

post about the response you get and the
action that you have taken in the preservastion
of this precious pile of dirt in Belize.
We really want to know the results.

facetiousness intended

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

is the mood "COMING UNDONE" reflective of an emotional unravelling and emotional breakdown?

you ask me why i dont find out how much money tourists
spends and if the money is used to support these actual pyramids?

because I do not care

I think you are as capable as me of finding out about the tourist dollars.
I pointed you in the right direction. I did some of the preliminary leg work
why dont you become part of the solution to saving this pile of dirt instead of
just ranting about it on the internet.
Let us all know what you get done please. I will wait right here by my monitor for your results.

edit on 16-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I never asked you to find out anything actually!

If you care so little about this entire subject why are you vocal about it? No need to shout now! There, there! Maybe time for your next MMPI as your therapy seems to be wearing off!

As to my mood, that was many many years ago and I just haven't bothered changing it because it amuses me!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join