It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Nohmul Pyramid In Belize Destroyed By Bulldozer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

go to:www.google.com...
type is "pictures of mayan + bulldozer + destroy.

all the pictures show not a bulldozer but an excavator
and a pile of dirt not a pyramid.

if they can not identify the difference between a bulldozer and an excavator
how can YOU trust them to tell the difference between a pile of dirt and a pyramid?

i told you what machine is there digging AND that it is a pile of dirt.

all kinds of links to pictures here that show a pile of dirt.

if i can believe what i am seeing..
it is on PRIVATE property so
the owner can do so according to his will.
edit on 14-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by LeLeu

go to:www.google.com...
type is "pictures of mayan + bulldozer + destroy.

all the pictures show not a bulldozer but an excavator
and a pile of dirt not a pyramid.

if they can not identify the difference between a bulldozer and an excavator
how can YOU trust them to tell the difference between a pile of dirt and a pyramid?

i told you what machine is there digging AND that it is a pile of dirt.

all kinds of links to pictures here that show a pile of dirt.

if i can believe what i am seeing..
it is on PRIVATE property so
the owner can do so according to his will.
edit on 14-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

Well, yeh, it is a pile of dirt now.

But until recently it was an ancient temple of some kind.
Mayan's had developed different building techniques, one of them was stone covered earthworks, some were stone walls filled in with earth and rubble where the more important temples were solid stone blocks. Take away the outer rock layer and you have a pile of dirt. Just like in the pics.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Glad I could at least give you something to giggle about, didn't really take much!

In a few thousand years your pitiful little Yoda collection will have rotted and disintegrated not like this Pyramid that withstood the ravages of time but not mankind!

You are sad, I hate to think what sort of world we would be living in if everyone had your use and destroy attitude!
edit on 15/5/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

reply to post by LeLeu

excuse me but that is not a pyramid.
it is only a pyramid to a hyperactive
progressively hysterical skewed paradigm.

it is a pile of dirt with a small hole in one end.
the owner probably made a lot of money
selling the debris as road fill.

someone is not telling the truth here.
it is not a pyramid. it probably is spoiling
the owners view of the ocean as well.

looks like monkeys lived in that hole too.

if you guys are so appalled then dig a
similar hole and go live in it.

LOL...yes, i agree. Far too much consideration is given to things and even people as long as itthey isare really old or they existed hundredsthousands of years ago.

Test edit: This is to see if my back slashes show up after i edit a post.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

Important note:

Mods check this out -

This post contains back slashes. They show up if i just make the post and dont edit it after sending or even preview.

Once i go back and edit the post they disappear. Formatter scrubs them.

edit on 15-5-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Yeah, so you keep saying. But still no source is provided that says that the university professors and archeologists were wrong about the site.

Your opinion that it was just a pile of dirt and that the article is negated because they called the machine a bulldozer (which is a popular generic term as well as a specific article, like the word Hoover) comes over as deliberately antagonistic rather than a genuinely held view.

Do you know what "can't see the wood for the trees" means? Whichever machine was used. It was used illegally and the police are looking to prosecute. It may be private land, but people may have missed the part where ANY pre Hispanic structures come under govt protection.

I live close by Roche Abbey ruins. They Abbey was plundered during the dissolution but was left structurally intact. Some of the stone was taken by local villagers to build their houses over the next couple of centuries but a significant part was (get ready for this) demolished in the 1760's when Lord Scarborough hired Capability Brown to landscape the area into an ornamental garden! I am shocked that a much older site has suffered in this way.

Here are two recent photos I took there at night

edit on 15-5-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Here's some more "pyramids/temples" for some do-gooders to protect. One's newer, one's older..

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Does this post have a point beyond trolling for a reaction?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

We're all still waiting for some proof of the Noh Mul complex being just a random dirt pile.

It's time for you kids to show us all what you've got.
I guess is you don't have anything remotely intelligent to add to this discussion as well.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

Yes, it's trying to teach those who are educatable that piles of caliche are not pyramids or temples, and that the mound of caliche in Belize is not anything but a pile of building material, not yet used till recently.

If it were anything but a pile of dirt, there would be structure or artifacts besides a few trashed pottery shards.

edit on 15-5-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: till recently added

edit on 15-5-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

But it doesn't show that. It is not a site I am familiar with so I am actually looking for both sides of the argument. What I see so far is you and the other bloke making that particular claim versus archeological experts, university professors and the Belize police force who are all pretty sure it was a site of historical significance. Therefore the question has to be what makes you so sure? That you have piles of material near you that are just rubble says nothing about this site. As a child I used to climb all over lumps of slag that some might mistake for deliberate structures, but they weren't. This doesn't prove that none are, if you get my drift. So far your opinion seems based on a very narrow appreciation of what a pyramid is and your own equally narrow view of what it should be built from

There is a tv programme called Time Team, on which I have seen the most amazing revelations of Roman villas and lost Saxon villages with full street plans emerge from grassy fields, so how can you be so sure this mound wasnt deliberately built and held some significance?
edit on 15-5-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak

Yes, it's trying to teach those who are educatable that piles of caliche are not pyramids or temples, and that the mound of caliche in Belize is not anything but a pile of building material, not yet used till recently.

If it were anything but a pile of dirt, there would be structure or artifacts besides a few trashed pottery shards.

Again, if it is a pile of dirt where are your sources?

Nor you or anyone else has even tried.
You do realize that the Archaeology department of Belize says otherwise don't you?
So if you are going to dispute that and expect the rest of ATS to swallow your version, then you kind of need to prove it with facts rather than by being a troll.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

I used to live in an area in Florida whee there were a number of very old indian mounds. There was one a few blocks from where I lived in a field that was rumored to have been carbon dated and found to be older than the great pyramid.Its antiquity was obvious because two large trees were growing out of it. We used to walk out there all the time as kids to revel in it,it was an amazing feeling to sit on something man made that was so old.

Then some developers bought the property and bulldozed it. I guess per state law a property owner can do what they want. It was a despicable act and I never forgot it. Developers in Florida have also been known to bulldoze mangroves (a protected plant because it is where sea life nurseries are located and it prevents beach erosion) and just pay the fines. Greed will destroy the world.
edit on 15-5-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Here's some more "pyramids/temples" for some do-gooders to protect. One's newer, one's older..

I would rather live in a world where there are more of these and less shopping centers and parking lots.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

They would probably bulldoze this one as well!

Burial Mound in Cleveland, Ohio! A pile of dirt or the grave of someone's ancestor?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu

You do realize that the Archaeology department of Belize says otherwise don't you?
So if you are going to dispute that and expect the rest of ATS to swallow your version, then you kind of need to prove it with facts rather than by being a troll.

The facts are staring at you in every picture of the site, but you refuse to see them.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

It's no use, they won't supply proof because there isn't any proof!

To them it's a pile of mud because it looks like a pile of mud, no matter what's underneath the pile of mud or who "built" the pile of mud!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

reply to post by LeLeu

Francisco Estrada-Belli, a professor of anthropology at Tulane University, said "I don't think I am exaggerating if I say that every day a Maya mound is being destroyed for construction in one of the countries where the Maya lived."

if a mound is being destroyed every day, there are already six more of these mounde have been destroyed since this particular one.

And your point is?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

And you have been to ancient ruins in Africa which were built with "MUD" mixed with dung and straw and are still standing? As a matter of fact these ancient African building techniques are now once again being tested as they are longer lasting than your bricks!

There is nothing wrong with my mind or my education thank you very much!

You have still given no evidence to negate what the professionals, such as the Doctor who made the statement, have said!

How is it that you have better information on this mound of mud than Jaime Awe, Head of the Belize Institute of Archeology who said that this is the most important archeological site in Belize and is at least 2,300 years old? Shouldn't "Head of the Belize Archeological Institute" be your job title?
edit on 15/5/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu

The facts are staring at you in every picture of the site, but you refuse to see them.

No. You refuse to link any sort of source to your claims of caliche mounds.
I'll listen to anyone who can back themselves up.
Your not debating against me or anyone else on ATS, your debating against the achaeological community.
I'm no authority on this stuff, hell I live in Australia, the oldest building I've ever seen is about 200 years old.

So I can only go by what I have read from reputable websites and transcripts from online journals and reports etc.
It is plainly obivous that Noh Mul is a very big complex and historicaly important, it's not me saying that it's the people running the archaeology dept. of Belize and now the international community is firing up over this too.
But you keep ignoring these things because it does'nt fit with your "just a pile of rubble theory"
Bad form old chap, deny ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join