It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Caught on Tape: "Confiscate, Confiscate, Confiscate"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If they want to confiscate, then why do they not start by declaring gang bangers terrorists. Then they can take all the ILLEGAL GUNS. You know the ones that are murdering people instead of the legal ones that shoot paper targets. I guess politicians cannot figure that out though. Or maybe the gang bangers are their constituency.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

How about labeling anti government types terrorists. Conspiracy people terrorists...hell we can go on and on..since anyone can label others as a terrorist.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The PTB need the gangbangers to move their enslavemnt drugs....The criminal element can consider itself safe enough as the PTB depend on them for so much ...........
The taxpayer however pays very little graft....so gets the #ty end

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here we go, have a listen...

I can only hope cooler heads will prevail on this issue......

I hope...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarreauI'm reading other threads right now about Benghazi and there are a dozen ATS members who are sticking up for this administration. If the administration is willing to sacrifice their own people what do you think they would do to the lowly voter? If someone is so ignorant as to support this behavior for the only reason as being on the same political team, I hope the next sacrifice is them.
edit on 13-5-2013 by Carreau because: sp

And would you please enlighten us as to which administration it was that didn't sacrifice their own people in order to turn a profit? As far as I know we are constantly at war and our own people are always dying all over the world. The number of people we murder is exponentially larger.

The last war we were in where we actually fought for freedom was WW2. Singling out one administration and blaming it for what all of them do simply screams partisanship.

It is the equivalent of singling out one religion and saying it causes harm, when they are all the same and equally detrimental to humanity.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Weinberg: "All I know is it's not my voice and I don't know who said it or in what context."

Uhm, you're clearly part of the conversation. It's taped. To whom were you responding when you answered? In what context would “We needed a bill that was going to confiscate, confiscate, confiscate," be acceptable on this issue? We have the tape for context...

What kind of press doesn't continue this line of questioning?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
If they want to confiscate, then why do they not start by declaring gang bangers terrorists. Then they can take all the ILLEGAL GUNS. You know the ones that are murdering people instead of the legal ones that shoot paper targets. I guess politicians cannot figure that out though. Or maybe the gang bangers are their constituency.

lol they've tried that many times and must have finally realized that it's a lose lose situation. Criminals just don't seem to want to follow orders or abide by the law...go figure. So it seems they'd rather take it away from law abiding citizens who are more likely to follow the law and do as they're told. They want a "W" in their win column...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by groingrinder

How about labeling anti government types terrorists. Conspiracy people terrorists...hell we can go on and on..since anyone can label others as a terrorist.

Good point...

I label everyone in Congress a terrorist....
Oh...and Obama and his cabinet too....

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So where is the confirmation? The only ones confirming this are the right wing sites...yet never explain how they know.

So tell me...how do you know who is on tape? They never mention names...never mention where the meeting is taking place..in fact there is nothing to say who this is?

Oh yeah...right wing media says it is these three..so it has to be...no need for research, no need for facts...

Like I say..the Shepard's speak the sheep follow..

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
www.politickernj.com...

The three female senators, who sound from the recording to be Sen. Loretta Weinberg, Sen. Sandy Cunningham and Sen. Linda Greenstein, are heard discussing the just-closed hearing.

“We needed a bill that was going to confiscate, confiscate, confiscate," said an unknown voice.

Of course, since there has been an uproar, none of the individuals involved are admitting they are the one who said it....

They go on to talk about how the purpose of confiscation is to "get the guns away from bad guys." I'll let it stay open to interpretation on who the "bad guys" really are in their opinions.... In my experience, CRIMINALS who use guns typically use stolen weapons to begin with....

Your title, quote and comment are misleading.

The 'Senators' are maybe State Senators for the State of New Jersey. You don't say what they want to 'confiscate' - I thought maybe it was 'bank balances' when I saw the headline. And you do nothing to dispell the possible mis-understanding in your comment.

Thanks to my teachers for teaching me to check sources - mine and others.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
I just wish more leftest would be honest about how they feel towards firearms. At least then we would know who the fascists were.

Ummm - this doesn't make any sense. Doesn't seem to matter though - people like it anyway and give you stars.

You want to know who the leftists are so you can know who the fascists were (are?).

'Splain this one to me, Lucy.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Every Congress since the first one has had a group that wanted to confiscate firearms.

I would actually be surprised if there wasn't anyone who wanted to.

There is also a small group that wants to get rid of the 22nd amendment and offer legislation almost every session, Harry Reid is part of that group.

Really nothing out of the ordinary.

As always, no references, to back up your statements. Without support, it's all just hearsay and wishful thinking.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
here are the arguments i've heard over the last few years on ATS:

"no one is going to regulate your guns. you're paranoid"

"ok, we just want to regulate THESE guns, but you can still own others (that have no defensive applications)"

"no one is wanting to confiscate your guns, just regulate"

"senators: confiscate, confiscate, confiscate"

"well there's always SOME people who want that, but it won't happen. the second amendment is safe with your .22lr guarding it"

talk about moving the goal posts.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by CIAGypsy

When becoming a politician meant increasing your net worth, it stopped being a public service and became a power grab. Politicians have no obligation to their constituents, only to their money donors that enable them to stay in office/power.

Of course the anti-firearm politicians are not going to publicly state their intention because of the backlash. Just as anyone with half a brain knows that the affordable care act had nothing to do with the uninsured in this country but was another blatant power grab. The public re-elects them and we deserve exactly what we get. Frankly I'm just about at the point of not caring any longer.

I'm reading other threads right now about Benghazi and there are a dozen ATS members who are sticking up for this administration. If the administration is willing to sacrifice their own people what do you think they would do to the lowly voter? If someone is so ignorant as to support this behavior for the only reason as being on the same political team, I hope the next sacrifice is them.

Ditto!
You are right on target!
Every four years the same old song and we all listen to it like it's a brand new hit single.
We do deserve every liar we get!
Someday it may even be the death of us when there is nothing left to take from us.
How foolish we've become!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

Originally posted by CarreauI'm reading other threads right now about Benghazi and there are a dozen ATS members who are sticking up for this administration. If the administration is willing to sacrifice their own people what do you think they would do to the lowly voter? If someone is so ignorant as to support this behavior for the only reason as being on the same political team, I hope the next sacrifice is them.

And would you please enlighten us as to which administration it was that didn't sacrifice their own people in order to turn a profit? As far as I know we are constantly at war and our own people are always dying all over the world. The number of people we murder is exponentially larger.

The last war we were in where we actually fought for freedom was WW2. Singling out one administration and blaming it for what all of them do simply screams partisanship.

It is the equivalent of singling out one religion and saying it causes harm, when they are all the same and equally detrimental to humanity.

Maybe he is singling out this administration because it's the one that is in power at this time!
I believe it's the human animal and not religion that is most detrimental to humanity but we are all entitled to our opinion.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Its simply not possible to confiscate all the guns in America.

There are over 200 million of them so do the math. How many people would it take to go house to house and take them?

They would have to hire thousands of officers and even then it would take decades.

People often ignore the obvious.
s

As I've said before...

There will be a question on your tax return "do you own any firearms".

Then "if yes please list type and serial number".

That's where it so start.

Be honest now. Lie on a tax form and it mean jail...

Anyone else think that might happen?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Bitches ,Bitches ,Bitches !

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
They don't need to go from door to door all they need to do is create a panic and paranoid neighbours dobbing in others who own guns to the ''Authorities '' ,or some really bad false flag shootings to incite hatred by the gullible masses toward gun owners ,or they are relics of the old world order and have no place in the Fuzzy New Age

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
So what you're saying is that in the state of New Jersey (no, you didn't say that, someone else had to) a few senators want to confiscate something. If it's guns, the bill will have to be signed by Gov. Chris Christie, who wants to be president next election cycle, so........a Republican who wants to win the primaries is going to sign a bill to confiscate all the guns in his state???? I don't think so.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Its simply not possible to confiscate all the guns in America.

There are over 200 million of them so do the math. How many people would it take to go house to house and take them?

They would have to hire thousands of officers and even then it would take decades.

People often ignore the obvious.

They don't need to confiscate them. They just need to force us to hand them over and make gun ownership, of any kind, illegal and punishable by summary execution.

Not gonna happen I know. However, they would figure out a way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join