It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I'm a little bored and I wanted to retry at a thread I posted earlier this year. When I was a noob I started a thread about the (MBTI) or better known as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. This is a questionnaire to see how people see the world and make decisions. The former thread was a mess in my opinion. Now I would like to start a new one where other members can easily answer the various questionnaires and see your results. You do not have to use every link. I just like getting different results for fun and better explanation.

When you finish with one of the test you'll receive a four-letter code. (ENTJ, ESTP, INFP, ISTJ). Which doesn't offer a lot on how the letters are commonly defined. Here is the what the letters mean:

Extraverted (E) and Introvert (I)

Extraverted (E) Expressive, outgoing, prefer group activities, eager to speak their minds, more comfortable when around other people than when alone, get energized by social interaction.

Introverted (I) Reserved, listen carefully, prefer solitary activities, more comfortable when alone than when around other people, get exhausted by social interaction

Intuitive (N) and Sensing (S)

Intuitive (N) Introspective, rely on their imagination, absorbed in ideas, focus on what might happen.
Sensing (S) Observant, rely on their senses, absorbed in practical matters, focus on what has happened.

Thinking (T) and Feeling (F)

Thinking (T) Tough, follow their minds, suppress feelings, focus on objectivity and rationality. Feeling (F) Sensitive, follow their hearts, keep feelings close to the surface, focus on harmony and cooperation.

Judging (J) and Perceiving (P)

Judging (J) Decisive, prefer clear rules and guidelines, eager to commit, see deadlines as sacred, seek closure. Perceiving (P) Probing, prefer keeping their options open, reluctant to commit, relaxed about their work, seek freedom.

I'm an ENTJ which translates out to: Extraverted (E) Intuitive (N) Thinking (T) Judging (J). Whatever results you get please share. I would love to see what the many users results are for the MBTI.

Links
Atakis
Celebrity Test
HumanMetricts

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I was categorized as an ENTJ when I last took the test... Though to tell you a secret I don't think this test holds much water. Sure it can give you an interesting outlook on where you might comfortably place in a career, though other than that I think it is rather useless. It is a vague test with ambiguous answers. If you want a real self-knowledge quest I would suggest looking into something called the "Enneagram".

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Yes, I agree. The various test are very confusing because you can only understand so much what the questions are being asked. There are no definitions or real explanation. There are also skeptics who are critical of the MBTI because there is no real evidence for the different types. I have taken the enneagram before and you could see my results in my mini profile.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Ah yes, a type1, 8w7! I did not see that until I actually saw your post in a thread about Jurassic Park science hahaha... Well then, I suppose you already know about it then obviously! But yeah the Myers/Briggs test has never really been one of my favorites...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Haha yeah. It's fun enough to try and see what your results are when your finished.

P.S. come on ladies and gents take the test!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
ENTJ on the third test, one required facebook which I don't have. 33-50-88-56 were the scores, no idea what that means.

So am I sane or insane

edit on 13-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

No, you're crazy like all of us. I'm just kidding. Thanks for taking the test. Hopefully there would be others members who are more knowledgeable than me on the MBTI. Who can answer your question. I don't know about the score. That's news to me.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I've taken the MBTI a few times throughout the years. I see it as an evaluation at an instant of time, and not much more. The reason I say this is due to the fact that the first time I took it, I was an INTJ. Then a few years later, I was going through a personal relationship crisis, and took it while under counseling....it changed to an ESTJ. Then, after that crisis had subsided (a few years later) I took it again, and it changed again to an ENFJ.

So, take it for what it is, a SNAPSHOT f your personality at a moment in time. Like a photograph. How many of us are always the same photograph over time?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

I agree with your comment. Years ago I took the test and my results were INFJ. At the time I was a hopeless romatic and a nice guy who was shy and imaginative. Now I'm an ENTJ and feel that more accurately describes who I am as a person.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

took test all but one time i came up as an intj.... don't really see myself as one other than the 'love is an achilles heel' part but hey might just be part of the personality type who knows....

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yup....Definitely an ENTJ personality myself. Looked up the type on the second link.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I guess it's that time again....

I couldn't find any of the previous 4 test I did over years here on ATS so I took it again.

I really can't remember what my score was before.

INFJ
Introvert(56%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(50%) Judging(1%)

Guess I'm really bad at judging....

Peace

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've taken the test several times and always gotten either INTJ or INTP. Just took it again and got INTP.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Now that is interesting. I took it twice several years apart a good 15-20 years ago and both times was an INFJ. I wonder how much I may have changed over these many years of becoming jaded...

I promise to take it again and let you know. Too late for me too attempt it now - it will just tell me I'm tired!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Am I the only "F" in this place??

Feeling (F) Sensitive, follow their hearts, keep feelings close to the surface, focus on harmony and cooperation.

Some of those question are rather confusing..

59. You find it difficult to talk about your feelings

It really depends on who you are talking to.

69. It is easy for you to communicate in social situations

Define "social situations". hanging with friends, yes. Riding the bus, no.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Thanks for the bump. It also seems otherpotato would be the other member with the "F" in their results.

new topics

top topics

join