It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much for DISCLOSURE! Citizens Hearing on Disclosure demands takedown of youtube videos.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If you had any notions that the Citizens Hearing on Disclosure was anything other than a money making venture promoted by Steven Bassett, well you can put those ideas to rest. The whole thing was for a movie that will feature Steve Bassett, of course, that I'm predicting will be another ego stroking on the scale that we saw with 'Sirius'. Bassett is ordering a take down of any material concerning the Citizens Hearing and some people have been served notice (see video below).

youtu.be...

In the next youtube clip, Steve Bassett tells Open Minds who apparently partnered with Bassett to promote the CHD. The whole Citizens Hearing on Disclosure was nothing more than a big strokefest for all those involved, Greer got to promote HIS new movie, people like Dolan and Grant Cameron got to sell themselves and their new books, the former Congresspeople all got $20,000, the "witnesses" all got an honorarium, free hotel, airfare and a week in D.C. Not to mention that most of these so called witnesses were not witnesses at all, they were the standard UFO book and lecture circuit people with their ordinary dog and pony show, the same act they have been doing for the past ten years or in Stan Friedman's case, the past 50 years.

The really idiotic footage of the Anonymous whistle blower who claimed he was CIA and that the Army was going to attack Area 51 is pure fantasy and that whistleblower is clearly a liar, the footage is clearly for this as yet unreleased movie about the "Truth Embargo". To let you judge the credibility of the CIA anonymous guy, he was found by Linda Moulton Howe several years back. i guess the UFO bigwigs are taking a page from Project Camelot's book and now everybody has to have UFO whistleblowers on their super secret research crib notes.

Steve Bassett is the ringmaster of a three ringed circus that is ufology, there is nothing new in this so called Citizens Hearing on Disclosure, NOTHING at all. The whole thing was a big smoozfest to make money and for ufology hot shots to stroke each other, network, make money and pat each other on the back for how brilliant they all think they all are.

@ 3:33 Bassett says they will pull down any unauthorized usage of the CHD from the internet.

youtu.be...

edit on 13-5-2013 by FlyingTeacup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingTeacup

Guess it was non-disclosure. Color me surprised!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
As expected.

Its all about the Benjamen's, i think is how the saying goes.

So many believers screaming that it costs money to disclose such information yet non is ever disclosed.

As Op said its all a dog and pony show for those involved and promoting, its unfortunate many ATS members give these deceivers so much free advertisement.

Yes deceivers, they must use truth to suck in the interested then more truth to tickle our fancy and finally to blow the minds of those listening they give their opinion or hearsay of what it all means and try to pass it on as the other truths told to suck us in.

Similarities when performing a stage illusion, like the movie "the Prestige".

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I like it how you say these things in such an absolute way. They really pissed you off, didn't they?

Anyway - this has been discussed in here in a number of other threads too, let's see..

About the deathbed disclosure
Generic threat on the 'hearing'
Hellyer's disclosure (what's in a name)
and here: Why no disclosure..

In short: many feel you are right ..

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Every youtube video i find that has awesome info always gets taken down with in days i cant ever share the videos.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Yeah, great idea FlyingTeacup. Except that the ENTIRE ARCHIVE of the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure can be accessed for a measly FOUR BUCKS. If you don't have a spare 4 bucks, then I truly sympathize with you. I am on disability welfare and can afford 4 bucks, so I have no idea why people are complaining so much. A lot of effort went into putting that hearing together, let alone the bandwidth and production costs. They are basically giving it to people in such a way as they are just barely breaking even and covering server costs. So quit your bellyaching. If you want to watch it, search into your couch and find the amount it costs to get access to almost a week's worth of video testimony...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
As I said into my topic about Brotherhood of Charlatans, these parasites are interested only by your money. They made a big business from UFO phenomenon and they did not miss any opportunity to milk the poor suckers. These guys are tolerated by governments ( or even hired) because they are such a perfect desinfo agents.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I didn't even bother watching those videos

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
OP, I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

If you visit the newest science journals, respectable journals, you'll find many charging before you can read their findings.
The same goes for top websites like New Scientist.

Does this mean the scientists publishing their findings in these journals are con artists, ego stroking crash grabbers that have no valid information to get out to the public? Of course not....This is common knowledge.

If you don't earn money you can't get your message out, without money you can't even hold a hearing in the first place.

Suggesting it's all down to money and ego stroking is just your opinion without much hard evidence to be honest. I'm a fairly astute observer of human behavior, and i entirely disagree. I'm yet to see anyone refute the testimony provided either on the interesting cases used as examples, perhaps you could do so in your next post.

edit on 14-5-2013 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Sounds to me like you could be one of those people paid by the government to discredit the people who come forward with any credible information. You sure do go to great lengths to make them look bad for some strange reason! Who cares if they are charging $$ to cover their costs? Like the previous poster said, it's only $4.00 to watch; not like they are asking for your life savings! If people want to pay it, so be it. It's not coming out of your pocket.

Don't get your panties in a wad!!!

Sorry, OP, no flag for you. I don't think this thread deserves the attention it will probably get.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Methinks the OP doth protest too much!
Asking for videos to be taken down has nothing to do with greed. It has to do with securing the initial financial investment that paid for all the expenses so that no one loses money over the hearing at the Washingtom Press Club.

Such a pity that the OP thinks the world owes him a free lunch and is so cynical about ufology that he reads into Bassett's reasonable request (and the hearing that he organised) a sinister motive, whereas all it is is Bassett's need to recover the initial investment.

The OP really needs to learn some business principles instead of having a tantrum like a spoilt child who has had his toys taken away.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So what if someone makes money on researching the UFO/alien subject. I would love to make a living researching this subject matter.

What kind of frigging idiot are you to throw someone under the bus for making money for research? Really!

How bout all you folks that agree that this must make the material un true just because he is making money doing it, go to your boss and tell them to stop your pay checks. State that you want to work for free!
Sometimes you folks just have no common sense.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00
Yeah, great idea FlyingTeacup. Except that the ENTIRE ARCHIVE of the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure can be accessed for a measly FOUR BUCKS. If you don't have a spare 4 bucks, then I truly sympathize with you. I am on disability welfare and can afford 4 bucks, so I have no idea why people are complaining so much. A lot of effort went into putting that hearing together, let alone the bandwidth and production costs. They are basically giving it to people in such a way as they are just barely breaking even and covering server costs. So quit your bellyaching. If you want to watch it, search into your couch and find the amount it costs to get access to almost a week's worth of video testimony...

Real Congressional hearings are free and open to the general public. The transcripts are free and available on the internet. The video of these hearings is free and available on CSPAN. Hey, if people want to bow down to and worship hucksters, throwing their money at them, it's a free country, go ahead waste your money.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiden12
OP, I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

If you visit the newest science journals, respectable journals, you'll find many charging before you can read their findings.
The same goes for top websites like New Scientist.

Does this mean the scientists publishing their findings in these journals are con artists, ego stroking crash grabbers that have no valid information to get out to the public? Of course not....This is common knowledge.

If you don't earn money you can't get your message out, without money you can't even hold a hearing in the first place.

Suggesting it's all down to money and ego stroking is just your opinion without much hard evidence to be honest. I'm a fairly astute observer of human behavior, and i entirely disagree. I'm yet to see anyone refute the testimony provided either on the interesting cases used as examples, perhaps you could do so in your next post.

Show me one thing, one thing that is new information that was revealed at the Citizens Hearing on Disclosure. There isn't anything. It's just repackaged junk. Richard French? The guy is a complete fraud. he claims he's got over 100 foreign and US military medals and commendations. He claims that he's twice as many combat missions logged as the second person below him. he claims he's got a PHD in philosophy. He claims that he's been a combat pilot, a AFOSI officer and worked on Project Blue Book. It's all a bunch of bunk. Linda Moulten Howe? Complete fraud. Dr. Steven Greer? Complete fraud. These are the people providing "witness" testimony? They are UFO book and lecture circuit regulars peddling their books and speaking engagements. If you believe anything they have to say, then your willingness to believe far outweighs your ability to make rational decisions concerning this issue.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Thanks for the validation.

Now relax, no sense getting all worked up over the same old same old.

Asking for disclosure from the governments would be like trying to take a drive across a bridge that has collapsed.

If there is no bridge, no amount of begging , pleading, discussing of how there once was a bridge, or disclosure in this case will make it happen.

The people responsible for the cover ups of long ago are either on their death beds or already gone.

There needs to be a different approach taken to create disclosure. It is eventually going to happen because the issue is a real one. But people can continue the denial and cover up for another 100 years. Meanwhile the alien scientists will continue to work to monitor the planets destruction and violence by the current stewards.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I was put off when all of the speakers spent more time discussing their validations of self worth than actually getting the job done. If the ex Congress is still at step one of the issues, then they should have been briefed for months before to bring them up to snuff and to be on the same page as the citizens of the world that Bassett and the rest were there to represent. Instead it was more separation of them verses us mentality. They are worthy, but without us, they are birds without wings.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
paid the 3.80$ and never looked back..money well spent! Countless hours of videos, also theres the full video of the alleged NSA guy in it (not much longer than the one on youtube tho)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroPropulsion
paid the 3.80$ and never looked back..money well spent! Countless hours of videos, also theres the full video of the alleged NSA guy in it (not much longer than the one on youtube tho)

NSA? The guy in the video being interviewed by Richard Dolan claims that he worked for the CIA and he is a fraud. He didn't know the name of Fort Belvoir he called it "Fort Bellvue" and he thought it was in Maryland, it is actually in Virginia. People are really buying this BS? It's just more Project Scamelot style storytelling, pure fiction to sell books and conferences.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
Methinks the OP doth protest too much!
Asking for videos to be taken down has nothing to do with greed. It has to do with securing the initial financial investment that paid for all the expenses so that no one loses money over the hearing at the Washingtom Press Club.

Such a pity that the OP thinks the world owes him a free lunch and is so cynical about ufology that he reads into Bassett's reasonable request (and the hearing that he organised) a sinister motive, whereas all it is is Bassett's need to recover the initial investment.

The OP really needs to learn some business principles instead of having a tantrum like a spoilt child who has had his toys taken away.

No, really, it is about greed.
You're very naive if you don't think it has anything to do with money.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingTeacup

Real Congressional hearings are free and open to the general public. The transcripts are free and available on the internet. The video of these hearings is free and available on CSPAN. Hey, if people want to bow down to and worship hucksters, throwing their money at them, it's a free country, go ahead waste your money.

They're not free. They are paid for by your tax dollars. I'm sure if the government had offered to pay for this hearing Stephen Bassett would have bitten their hands off.

Sure Stanton Friedman mentioned his books at every opportunity but then he always does. It doesn't take away from the documentary evidence and witness testimony provided.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join