It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First flight test A350 comes out of paint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Airbus has unveiled the first flight test A350-900 in it's full colors. The aircraft came out of paint after seven days, on time, which is the last step before testing begins. The aircraft will perform ground tests before being turned over to the flight test division. Airbus hasn't said when the first flight will occur.

Airbus has unveiled the first A350-900 flight-test prototype in its full paint scheme, as the airframer makes final preparations for the twinjet's maiden sortie.

The aircraft has been fitted with its Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engines and the painting process marks one of the final stages before the flight-test regime begins.

Customers have ordered 414 of the -900 variant, the first of the three-member family to be developed.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
A little more information about the future of the program. Airbus is reportedly to hand the aircraft over to the flight test division on May 17th. It will undergo taxi tests, including high speed taxi testing. It's believed that first flight will take place about 20 days after handover, which would put it about a week before the Paris Airshow.

AvWeek

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm liking the A350 a lot, for me it takes over from the A340 as the best looking Airbus.
J

edit on 13-5-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Is this Airbus's response to Boeing's Dreamliner?

Forgive my ignorance - I wasn't even aware they were building this!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Yes it is Stu, albeit slightly bigger. It was brought about when the more influential airline bods told Airbus to get a grip after they initially offered an "A330mk2"

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

I really like the nose and windscreen on this bird a lot. It looks a lot better than the standard windscreen.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thats a good looking lump

Is it just the angle of the pic or do those wings look like they have more sweep than you would normally expect?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

I think its just the angle exaggerating it. Airliners with more highly swept wings than the A350 include the Boeing 727, 747 and DH Trident.

You know, I'm tempted to dig up some of the old threads where we all argued about Boeing and Airbus endlessly about 5 or 6 years ago. They were great fun as I recall.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

You know, I'm tempted to dig up some of the old threads where we all argued about Boeing and Airbus endlessly about 5 or 6 years ago. They were great fun as I recall.

Yeah, those were a blast. They got a little heated, but they were fun.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

Look for zibi or Airbust

Great new bird btw,
edit on 17/5/2013 by Lonestar24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Great looking jet. Best of luck to Airbus.

new topics

top topics

join