It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Macdonald: The U.S. military surge in sexual assaults

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Only half the story. More demonization of the US Military, but it's your right to do so, protected by said Military.

False complaints of sexual abuse in the military are rising at a faster rate than overall reports of sexual assault, a trend that could harm combat readiness, analysts say.

Source

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Funny, after the reason the US attacked Iraq after everything else was shown to be a lie was:
"Look at the way they treat their women"
mean while the REPORTED rapes were at about 1/3 of the enlisted females...
Imagine how many men are caught picking up the soap???

....And OBAMA doing something for women and sexuall assault in the army...?

Say Isn't he the one who decriminalized BEASTIALITY in the BARAKs in the NDAA?,
that'll certainly take the heat of the woman folks for a while

and to the SG
if dealling with this issue is demonizing....
well, thats really sad for the women that have been raped by hippocrits
they would have defended you
edit on 13-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You obviously didn't read the link. I'm not advocating, I'm just pointing out the one sidedness.

They decriminalized all sexual laws when they allowed open homosexuality.

They do still have animal cruelty laws which cover said acts.
edit on 13-5-2013 by thesungod because: add a line

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
When will you all learn that we are merely animals on the rock... Floating through the chasm You act as if some all high powerful being is driving the rock.

But at the end of it all the rock slowly and silently drifts through the chasm and the animals that are bound to the rock by gravity need to live only by 6 rules the need to breath, drink water, eat $hit sleep and procreate the species.

And then they turn back into the dust that the rock is created from...

Stop trying to make it something more than it is and realize the animals will do what the animals will do regardless of what rules another animal tries to impose on them.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

By the way, some people believe in ghosts.

Does not make them true.
edit on 13-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

We will see I guess what turns out of the investigation.

Ghosts. I've seen em.
I know people that have seen em.

And I also hear there's several billion people that believe in a all knowing all powerful guy in the sky.
I guess the truth is subjective.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

reply to post by grey580

This guy's a real nerd. Boohoo. Sounds really pathetic. Nearly everything he brings up is just one of those... "suck it up Sally" type moments...

Why do people like this go into in the army?

I seem to remember you being so compassionate and thoughtful about the feelings of others.

I don't understand what happened to those qualities. They made such amazing contributions here.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
No one is taking in account that the military has upped its awareness on Sexual assult and has been ensureing that reporting becomes more common and ensures programs like restricted/unristricted reporting exist. Military personnel are required to take annual sexual assult training as well as addtional training in preparation for deployments. Because The awareness level has been increased there is an increase in reported cases.

Aside from that the military population is no differnt then the civilian side, if anything this isnt a military issue its a cultural issue of children not being raised correctly. There is always a case about rape in the news and rape in the civilian population is way higher than in the military...most likely due to the fact that the sexual assult awareness isnt drilled into them.

Does abuse of power happen in the military..certainly...just as much as it does in the civilain world. Please do not demonize the ranks due to the poor actions of the few. Because I could do the same generalzation of civilains.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman

reply to post by grey580

This guy's a real nerd. Boohoo. Sounds really pathetic. Nearly everything he brings up is just one of those... "suck it up Sally" type moments...

Why do people like this go into in the army?

I seem to remember you being so compassionate and thoughtful about the feelings of others.

I don't understand what happened to those qualities. They made such amazing contributions here.

That must be sarcasm?

The simple fact is I don't believe the guy. I am sure there are many incidents that are worth investigating and that are 100% true statement of fact, incidents.

Everything the guy mentions in the video, he strings together and simply looks like someone who feels like he's been overruled, overlooked, not taken seriously (possibly for good reason), someone essentially that is a joke. He was a reservist, not on active duty and he is crying about towels to which I'm sure it's being looked into. If there is meat to it, maybe it will get resolved maybe not. In an case, he was told to take his video down because as of right now in the way he handled it, he's being libellous.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Wonder what the sexual assault rate was back when it was just all 'men' ?

Shouldn't be happening, but it does, and for the record the military is not the only place it happens.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Wonder what the sexual assault rate was back when it was just all 'men' ?

Shouldn't be happening, but it does, and for the record the military is not the only place it happens.

If the prison system is any indication, probably the same amount.
It's about the same number of people enlisted incarcerated and about 30,000 rapes.

What is it with you Americans?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

What is it with you Americans?

First mistake is is not just a 'American" thing never has been just an 'American' thing.

Getting tiresome that only Americans go around raping because that is not the truth.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Originally posted by Tuttle
Rape is ok if you are in the army though isnt it?, end of the day if your job is to murder people for a living then whats a spot of cheeky rape on the side?

While I realize you are saying this a bit tongue-in-cheek....it is really insensitive and not appreciated.

Yeah cause rape is serious business and so way totaly not cool. Men murdering each other by the millions in hell like nightmare worlds with all the savage industriousness technology affords us, is you know, just one of those things, but so waaaaaay totaly not like rape. You are right, I WENT TOO FAR!!!!.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

With great respect, and only saying this as a 'thought' but you say, 'protected by 'said' military', but from who are the military protecting the people?

Iraq did nothing to the US, and Afghanistan did nothing to the US. Vietnam did nothing to the US, Most countries that the US and UK invade have done nothing at all to them.

So who is the enemy and who is the military really protecting?

It appears that the military even lacks the will power to protect its men and women from sexual assault.

So the purpose of the military being to 'protect' in theory........from who, since they seem to be doing a lot of attacking of not only other countries but sexually assaulting their very own.

Perhaps it is time to get rid of all armies since they appear to be an oxymoron......at least when it comes to the theoretical 'protection' racket!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

They decriminalized all sexual laws when they allowed open homosexuality.

What???

Do you realize how stupid this sounds?

Such a bold statement demands some proof!!
edit on 15-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Rape is ok if you are in the army though isnt it?, end of the day if your job is to murder people for a living then whats a spot of cheeky rape on the side?

While I realize you are saying this a bit tongue-in-cheek....it is really insensitive and not appreciated.

Yeah cause rape is serious business and so way totaly not cool. Men murdering each other by the millions in hell like nightmare worlds with all the savage industriousness technology affords us, is you know, just one of those things, but so waaaaaay totaly not like rape. You are right, I WENT TOO FAR!!!!.

Thanks for the edification...

As for your other point, it's really *not* the job of the Army to "murder people for a living." Unfortunately, that's what happens sometimes because of bad POLICY....which is generally not controlled by the soldiers themselves but by politicians and bureaucrats. Still, your point is taken.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Monkey see, monkey do...Nothing wrong with that, they are just emulating their superiors.

Maybe those female soldiers should resort to gelding those who touch them. That's the ultimate price for being disrespectful to womenfolks.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It's only libel if it's not true....

Of course all knowing Boncho king of the universe... please present us humble servants of thy all knowing self with even a shred of evidence other than your gut that these accusations are false.

Or is it because you don't like his hair.... you can tell people are lying by how they part their hair after all...

Personally I can't say either way.... but that's because I rely on facts rather than a "he's obviously lying because he looks all shifty eyed" means of reasoning.

Of course you're right..... The military and it's personnel can do no wrong.
edit on 21-5-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by boncho

It's only libel if it's not true....

Of course all knowing Boncho king of the universe... please present us humble servants of thy all knowing self with even a shred of evidence other than your gut that these accusations are false.

Or is it because you don't like his hair.... you can tell people are lying by how they part their hair after all...

Personally I can't say either way.... but that's because I rely on facts rather than a "he's obviously lying because he looks all shifty eyed" means of reasoning.

Of course you're right..... The military and it's personnel can do no wrong.
edit on 21-5-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

I never said every accusation he made is without question, undeniably false. I said the way the guy strings all his complaints together make it sound like he is merely some disgruntled reject that has problems vocalizing his issues to his comrades and superiors. Which is evidently true given the situation that arose and what ended up happening.

He was forced to take it down, so that's my evidence you requested. But like always, seems people need to be reminded the people with accusations are supposed to bring evidence to support their position, the burden doesn't lay on the people like me.

Nice try though.
edit on 21-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join