It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A riddle about emotions - can you solve it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

By loving them, they stop...
Love is light, when you light the darkness, the darkness disappears.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Originally posted by Manula
So it would seem that you don't actually love them if you want them to disappear. This is a method of healing such states.

Anyway, I am not arguing relative to unconditional love. Do you think such love is the opposite of hate?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by jacygirl

Your Avatar is a representation of yourself. I like it. Well done. We both needed a dragon protector when we were little.

P

Yea... I too hope the avatar is a representation of herself too, I think that every single time I see that avatar... but then again, I just noticed the dragon

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The strongest steel and the warmest kiss are nothing compared to that which is love, that fear not only subsides it turns into a cup overflowing with compassion.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
ok... so im not the only one that can't find the riddle....

Oh come on! The riddle is in the... It's about... Ehhh, I can't find it either.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Are you suggesting that in order to find love and peace, one must love and embrace the utter insanity of their minds, thoughts and emotions? And love them solely on the condition that they leave? What kind of love is that?

Your intent may be good, but the act itself only strengthens your ability to deceive yourself and others. and for what? for that occasional and fleeting feeling of One-ness? Blah!

This is exactly what the 'positive movement' is doing, which is to force yourself to ignore the misery within you in an attempt to find peace and happiness. All the while you are still living in your mind, embracing its insanity and building psychological structures to maintain a false sense of happiness.

You will find, that you simply will not be able to keep that charade going for long. And you will no longer be able to fake it to others or yourself when all of those Miseries you claimed to have loved, are waiting for you on your return trip home.

edit on 13-5-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

reply to post by bb23108

Love is light, when you light the darkness, the darkness disappears.

Removed my reply. It was not needed.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Akragon
ok... so im not the only one that can't find the riddle....

Oh come on! The riddle is in the... It's about... Ehhh, I can't find it either.

Perhaps the riddle is finding a riddle where none exist...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

While I can see where your going. And not that I don't agree. But currently I am experiancing turblance of the punch you in the face kind (not you OP or anyone in the thread just life in general and all the emotions attached to this dirt ball known as Earth)....

So I sat for 5 mins... Maybe I should meditate on it longer.... *shrug* I tried... All I want to do is punch coal until it turns into a diamond at the moment. Stil livid.... 2 degree's past pist off.

I thought maybe this thread would help.... Sadly not. I have a feeling, "Loving" my feelings is going to inadvertantly cause me to snap at someone.... Luckily I won't be punching anyone. But the punching coal sounds like a good idea at the moment.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

And when subject to the events that trigger those emotions, don't forget to love that feeling, love it with all that you've got.

What happens to you emotionally?

Where is fear now?

Touched by love, where did fear go?

The subject events emotional response.. Would if done how you share manula as far as depleting fear by loving said events, would be an event non the less just the fear level wouldn't rise by those experiencing the event due to them fully embracing potential event and so then FEAR would be depleted or eliminated no matter event experience. Interesting manula...

Conscious reprogramming to not fear and this is a way to teach some to NOT allow heavy fear of events. Which may cause vulnerable points of -access- due to FEAR opening way to them. So for some perhaps no fear = overcome, because your not generating the needed emotional access points/events for some to further oppress with fear. if 1 is understanding the OP. Thanks for sharing manula the interesting riddle...

So look at what events scare you and accept the event but delete the fear of it.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
My native language is not english, maybe riddle is not the right word but dont get stuck in it, there is more to it.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I used the term riddle because it seems impossible to love hate, it seems irrational, our raional mind almost refuses to understand it...

How can you love hate all at the same time?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Generally, from a strictly physiological point of view (stuff your body does), love and fear produce nearly identical responses of increased heart rate, blood flow to extremities, endocrine responses, etc. Our bodies have a relatively limited range of responses to things, basically because that's all we've needed to keep us alive and evolving for the past billion years or so.

What changes is the label, not the experience. That's why some people get love and hate and fear and joy all mixed up. Because your body reacts the same way to all of those things. The only things that change are the context and the labels.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Generally, from a strictly physiological point of view (stuff your body does), love and fear produce nearly identical responses of increased heart rate, blood flow to extremities, endocrine responses, etc. Our bodies have a relatively limited range of responses to things, basically because that's all we've needed to keep us alive and evolving for the past billion years or so.

What changes is the label, not the experience. That's why some people get love and hate and fear and joy all mixed up. Because your body reacts the same way to all of those things. The only things that change are the context and the labels.

Interesting, but do you find it possible to love hate?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Interesting idea... however, it is important to have a balance of love and hate, for if you never hate you would never know love. However, I also have another saying, "Happiness is a choice not a side effect". We make the choice to be happy or sad. It is purely based on our own perspective. Change your perspective and the way you look at things and you can find happiness in everything.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TommyG
Interesting idea... however, it is important to have a balance of love and hate, for if you never hate you would never know love. However, I also have another saying, "Happiness is a choice not a side effect". We make the choice to be happy or sad. It is purely based on our own perspective. Change your perspective and the way you look at things and you can find happiness in everything.

I agree, events don't matter, they are neutral, it is our reaction (positive or negative) to them that creates emotions.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
reply to post by Manula

Are you suggesting that in order to find love and peace, one must love and embrace the utter insanity of their minds, thoughts and emotions? And love them solely on the condition that they leave? What kind of love is that?

Your intent may be good, but the act itself only strengthens your ability to deceive yourself and others. and for what? for that occasional and fleeting feeling of One-ness? Blah!

This is exactly what the 'positive movement' is doing, which is to force yourself to ignore the misery within you in an attempt to find peace and happiness. All the while you are still living in your mind, embracing its insanity and building psychological structures to maintain a false sense of happiness.

You will find, that you simply will not be able to keep that charade going for long. And you will no longer be able to fake it to others or yourself when all of those Miseries you claimed to have loved, are waiting for you on your return trip home.

By being aware, receptive, to your emotions, by accepting them and even loving them, are you hiding from yourself? Or are you embracing all that you are? Or are you celebrating the whole of you, including the light and dark sides?

I cant see whats wrong with it.

If

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Imagine all your worst, unbearable emotions: hate, depression, desperation, pain, guilt, rejection, loneliness,
abandonment.

I am talking about emotions, not physical sensations.

Forget about the life events that "makes" you feel that way.
I said "make" because, its you who create the feelings with your reaction to the event, not the event itself but that´s another story.

Focus on your worst emotions.

Now comes the riddle:

Love those emotions with all your heart, all your being, love them unconditionally.

Love them like the most lovable thing you can think of.

Love your hate, love your fear, love your depression, love your low self-esteem, love it all.

And when subject to the events that trigger those emotions, don't forget to love that feeling, love it with all that you've got.

What happens to you emotionally?

Where is fear now?

You have never felt these emotions extremely or you would not of
posted such lame rubbish.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I feed both wolves. They both wouldn't be there if you didn't need them. Love isn't going to protect you from imbeciles. But hate will fuel the fire needed to banish them.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Maybe the word you were looking for is paradox?

I am not fully convinced that loving the emotion itself is the best way to go, as I think we are already too much attached to our emotions.

However, in a state of love, we are open and receptive to emotional healing, so maybe that is how you obtain results?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join