It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ex nasa engineer suggests that there is a propulsion system that can do the distance of Earth to Mar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by choos

Well, sorta the same, but not quite. Our design is much different. I do want to point out that we're not sure exactly what's going to happen, but we did accomplish 1 1/2 lbs of force with a single stage of the gravitor. Right now we are in a delay until we can get another power supply and they are not cheap. Hoping to get one with at least 40KV this time around.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

what are you using for HV? I know the cost goes up exponentially with voltage.
Also, are you pulsing the voltage? adding AC also? dang it! I want in !!!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

For now, the answer to those questions will have to wait, but your definitely barking up the right tree.

I just wanted to come into the thread an introduce a possible propulsion method. Don't want to derail the thread talking about our project. Maybe when I get some time, I'll start a thread on Townsend Brown and the things he worked on.

I will try and keep you updated on our progress through pm's if you would like, but please understand that there will be things I can't talk about.

Pladuim

To the OP, sorry. Carry on with your thread.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by markygee
I recently visited nasa as a tourist and there was an ex appollo 11 engineer available for questions. While discussing how little I know about science he said that when he retired last year (laid off) his dept was working on a propulsion system that could already travel to mars in 9 days. When he saw my amazement and I began asking how and why weren't we using it already he quickly said that he only meant the actual distance not the journey itself. He specified that in reality it would still take 18 months to send humans to mars due to getting the planetary alignment right and he jokingly (I think) added that they would need to recruit Eskimo's as they still hadn't found a reasonable way to keep warm in such deep cold the further they got from earth.
So I thought ok.
Then later I got a calculator and worked out that if mars is at it's very closest to earth it would be 38 million miles away so to do that journey in 9 days would mean traveling at 259, 259.259259259 miles an hour. IF he was telling the truth then this prepulsion system is incredible. Does anyone think this can be remotely feasible? If it existed why bother with humans at all? Just lob drones/rovers and camera's at mars instead.
Thoughts anyone?

On a side note for the new age pyramid is power believers I noticed that the best way of preserving the moon rock on display at nasa appears to be encased in a pyramid.
edit on 5/17/2013 by benevolent tyrant because: to correct spelling in thread title.

It's no secret that they are working on new propulsion systems.
There was one that was pretty interesting, hydrogen pulse engines or something like that, cant remember exactly what it was now. But there are articles about it around the place.

But just because they are working on developing new technologies, doesn't mean that they are able to make them work, or that those technologies actually work or ever will work.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Please don't touch the plasma.
If you keep away from extreme mass annihilation and work with what is
already in space you can polarize the force of atoms to your advantage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join