It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stateless Citizens: More Americans Than Ever Giving up Citizenship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Those of you complaining it's too expensive to leave the US - most of the world has costs of living about 5-10 times less than the US. Of course the wages are even lower than that so you will definitely enjoy living on a local wage in another country but don't expect to retain a decent standard of living.

IMO leaving the US is foolish, even with all the taxes and corruption invoked all the time. Most of the rest of the world is a worse place from just about any angle you may look at it. Also US citizens trying to use world passports - you may have a hard time getting back into the US since there won't be a record of you leaving. Good luck getting your lives back at that point.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I would never make that affirmation!!! I absolutely refuse to sign on to that World baloney. I know some people don't think it matters, but I think it matters a lot. It's like making a pact with the devil.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There is no easy decision in life. Everything should be weighed in advance. Belize does sound like an attractive place though given that english is the primary language and taxes are low or non-existant.

Americans out of work might be a good idea to learn chineese though and move there. I mean if government doesn't have the balls to put tariffs on imports that would solve many problems, then what else can be done?
Its not just americans though, many people living in ex prosperous countries are finding themselves in trouble.

Maybe americans will get a taste of the turmoil many third world nationals went through inorder to secure a better future from war savaged, religious brutal dictatorships only to be exploited as illegals when they arrived in usa or europe.

Sometimes it is best to stay and fight it out. At least you speak your native language, have family and relatives that can help and feel more at home. Being a foreigner is tough because you get little respect from everyone.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join