It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: At least dozen people shot at Mother's Day second line

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Apologies.
edit on 12-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

Oh well. Thanks for removing the post DTOM.

Anyway. Im surprised i have not heard more about the situation yet. Maybe because alot of people in new orleans dont know anymore id guess. I have to wonder why shoot up a parade?
edit on 12-5-2013 by yuppa because: mispelled soem words.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

What do you mean by that? Maybe the government is not involved but many of us wouldn't be surprised if it was.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
In response to those saying no one in America needs a gun:

I need mine to protect my family from crazy people with guns.

I also need mine so I can lay a bloody deer carcass on my kitchen table, to cut up in to steaks to feed my family that I am protecting with that same gun.

That is my reason to own a gun. And it's a watertight reason. Because it is a simple and pure reason.
edit on 5/12/2013 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The only thing that strikes me as odd here is that the police claim to have responded just seconds after the gunfire erupted but none of the three suspects were able to be apprehended. Maybe it's just me but it seems to be a peculiar trend emerging among large-scale, media oriented, tragedies. Regardless of the motives, it will be interesting to see how, and when, this "man hunt" ends.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
But but but... we need our guns!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Our corrupted, tyrannical government puppets. Hello? That is what 2A is for; to protect Americans from a tyrannical government such as ours. A Republic without a militia will be overthrown. Period. There is, nor ever has been, a Republic such as the USA so it's useless trying to compare it to something but... look at all the vanquished countries who couldn't defend themselves against their government: Nazi Germany, Cuba, Libya, Russia, China, Cambodia, Uganda, North Korea. Iran, Yugoslavia, to name a few. That is over 200,000,000 people killed because they were unarmed. Well, gee, why is it every time an unarmed population faces a tyrannical government, it's the population that gets slaughtered?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
"Well before this all gets into "OH AMERICA IS SO VIOLENT"

Just a week earlier in that area, there was a triple shooting"

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Wow yes and look at the UK we don't have our hands on guns but we haven't been wiped out by our government ..

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by canucks555

'Its not Guns that kill people'

edit on 12-5-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

But they definitely do assist and help in that process...!

PDUK

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
For ALL you gun fanatics and 'freedom' ? Fighters out there have a look at this.......

3964 people (men, women & kids) Shot and Killed since SandyHook Massacre....
. 3964

That's a lot of people in a few months to be 'sacrificed' at the alter of gun worship...!

Americans are fearful of Muslim fanatics and yet gun toting Americans are the greatest and Most Fanatical NUT jobs on the planet.......

3964 people dead ......... Why? For what reason apart from the wet dreams of dumb fanatics.....

If you are bothered or want to see these victims details then follow this link below - if not then carryon doing what you've always done because you will get more of what you've already got...

PDUK

www.slate.com...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouseI don't know how to tell you this but...You are being controlled and your seriously outgunned

not if the police and military refuse to act on unjust orders...and a good majority of them will not act on those unlawful orders...why do you think obama threatened 14 state governors with charges if they do not disband the SDFs? the same SDFs that were approved by the US govt prior to obama? seems like they underestimated the will of the military and the people...and missed a tiny little detail that is now biting them in the backside, that these SDFs are not under the control of the federal govt and never can be...their loyalty and funding comes from the state alone...they cannot be forced into any action from the federal govt...when a president sees that as a threat, then there is a problem...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

not a gun fanatic, but a freedom fanatic...if the 2nd amendment goes, then the rest will follow...that is why it is the 2nd amendment, to back up the first...and all the rest...

you can flame all you want, but your opinion of what works in your country, doesnt really have any bearing here in america...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

not yet. but if we go down, then the rest of the world will follow...if syria goes down then the US goes down...that is the end game...you may be in a lull, but some of us are not...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

not a gun fanatic, but a freedom fanatic...if the 2nd amendment goes, then the rest will follow...that is why it is the 2nd amendment, to back up the first...and all the rest...

you can flame all you want, but your opinion of what works in your country, doesnt really have any bearing here in america...

I'm not Flaming...? (whatever that means?) I'm merely stating a statistic which is freely available for all to view alongside a question about the Fanatical view or belief over owning a firearm....

Studythem1........... almost 4000 people dead in months because of a Fanatical belief system....?

Youre sounding more like religious fanatics by the minute...

Regards

PDUK

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

..if syria goes down then the US goes down...that is the end game...

Explain.? What are you on about?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by Computron

BTW I should clarify. I own a Fire arm Possession and Acquisition license. Have several guns in the gun cabinet. Some nice ones
30-30. 12 guage, 270, ...Ruger 22..

-Just in case you think that people who believe in gun control don't own guns...That's a common misconception from NRA type people

imo you don't need an AR 15 to protect yourself. Learn to aim with a real mans Gun.

edit on 12-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

Well aren't you special... Please inform me how an AR-15 or any other variant of that design (in terms of .223) are not considered a "real man's gun" yet a.270, and a .22 are grouped in the same category.

Just goes to show the lack of knowledge from the extreme liberal/foreign gun control crowd...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Originally posted by yuppa
we can respect your opinions but we do not have to honor them or even give them any real thought. Guns are in our constitution. Ive used them for hunting,and defense and would likely been dead if i had not had one. A Gun is a tool. it does not want to do anything because its a in-animate object. Criminals almost never buy a gun legally because really using a gun that is registered and serial numbered with its striations on record is a really stupid move right?

You who are not residents of the US who want to see us without Guns have no ground to stand on really because your fellow countrymen gave up your rights to own any firearm you wished to have for the promise of protection. HEre is what we do not understand. Why do you think your society is so perfect that no guns are needed by anyone in it?.IF you really believe in no guns disband your militaries and declare a end to guns .

Really If you live in a country that does not allow you the freedom to have a weapon to defend yourselves immigrate to the US.

Yes, you would've likely been dead, as it's in the constitution that you (among others, mind) have a right to bear arms.

If no one had this right, maybe you wouldn't likely be dead without your ol' six shooter.

You forgot to answer this question of "Why do you think your society is so perfect that no guns are needed by anyone in it?.IF you really believe in no guns disband your militaries and declare a end to guns ." which was provided in that member's post.

This is the reason another member called you out for not fully reading responses.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Now, you know as well as I do that these operations you mentioned are on a far, FAR greater scale than this latest tragedy. Yes they do these things, no they don't stop at just a dozen people.

I think to be honest you thought I would never have heard of those... And could then have fabricated your own results.

You think I don't know how bad governments can be? I currently live under a government which not one person who I've spoken to voted for. I know how corrupt these people are. That doesn't make what you said any different, the government do not pull off such low scale tragedies as this one.

So just because governments have planned large scale tragedies such as Operation Northwoods, this means that they will not pull of multiple small scale tragedies?

Your logic is flawed.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
In response to those saying no one in America needs a gun:

I need mine to protect my family from crazy people with guns.

I also need mine so I can lay a bloody deer carcass on my kitchen table, to cut up in to steaks to feed my family that I am protecting with that same gun.

That is my reason to own a gun. And it's a watertight reason. Because it is a simple and pure reason.
edit on 5/12/2013 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

You don't need a gun to feed your family, you choose to use one to do so. Very far from being 'a watertight reason'.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rationalignorance

Interesting thought. If they responded in seconds, I would have thought police might have been able to chase at least one suspect down via on foot or a highway chase.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join