It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: At least dozen people shot at Mother's Day second line

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Computron

It was a stewing chicken... nastiest chicken you can buy.
I failed to look at the label at the store. Bad mistake.
(for the chicken)

edit on 12-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Whew nevermind!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

It is a hunting rifle.
.318 is the calibre of round fired.
Or 30 calibre. Whichever way you look at it.
edit on 12-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

somewhere between a 30/06 or a.303 brit and an 8mm or a .338mag?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Apparently...a Reminder is Needed....

This is the topic

BREAKING: At least dozen people shot at Mother's Day second line

Let's not further derail this thread with a lot of unrelated, unnecessary comments better suited to other threads and u2u....
Going forwards...they will be removed.
Posting Bans are a possibility.

You are responsible for your own posts.

edit on Sun May 12 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by canucks555

yeah..... the pressure-cooker bombs didn't cause a gigantic outrage as TPTB supposed would happen

so this time the false-flag attack has 3 perps & at least 2 guns involved....

can it be anymore obvious that this is 'staged,,,, distract attention from the Benghazi coverup no less

St Udio,

I am not aware of any information in this case that would lead you to such an adamant conclusion. Are we just going to pre-argue the false flag and gun control issues just in case.

Penny
edit on 12-5-2013 by pennylemon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Apologies.
edit on 12-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Good grief, we got off topic a bit, huh?
Haha

MuzzleBreak: I sent you a U2U about what we were discussing.

Condolences to the people affected by this senseless act of violence in New Orleans.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Sorry Dtom

Seems we're having a bit of a classical "media black out" as not much info going around after the fact.
Peeps are in "loiter" mode I guess.

From the lack of news coming out I'd imagine that parts of NewOrleans are under curfew, door to doors, choppers, unless it's just gang bangers. I guess that's business as usual...?
Interesting thing though, sounds like they may have been shooting at the crowd itself?

Gunmen opened fire on people marching in a neighborhood Mother's Day parade in New Orleans on Sunday,

abcnews.go.com...

That's kinda odd. I thought the gangers shot at each other,
hmm

...Isn't that terrorism?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Sorry Dtom

Seems we're having a bit of a classical "media black out" as not much info going around after the fact.
Peeps are in "loiter" mode I guess.

From the lack of news coming out I'd imagine that parts of NewOrleans are under curfew, door to doors, choppers, unless it's just gang bangers. I guess that's business as usual...?
Interesting thing though, sounds like they may have been shooting at the crowd itself?

Gunmen opened fire on people marching in a neighborhood Mother's Day parade in New Orleans on Sunday,

abcnews.go.com...

hmm

Quite likely, the person/people they were shooting at were in the second line, and they just had no regard for innocent bystanders.

The first line is made up of the band, and people follow along the parade, forming a "second line" to the procession. Anyone can join in on the second line.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

abcnews.go.com...

hmm

Sadly Canucks555 it only seems to work that way in the movies. I fled the area in which I was born after realizing that the potential for violence had crept into every aspect of life. I had my new baby girl and did not want to live that way any longer.

Anyone can be a target at any time, sitting at home I cant tell you how many time we had to jump to the floor after having our front windows shot at just because two groups were shooting at each other in moving vehicles. At the grocery store, concerts, parties or simply trying to drop your kids off at school had become a roll of the dice. This is in part why though I do consider myself to be a social liberal I do not believe this kind of violence can be solved by gun control legislation. As I was saying in an earlier post, IMO this is an issue that has compounded itself over many generations and cannot be solved by rhetorical posturing nor will it be solved over night.

Penny

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

im not right wing, im not liberal. i am a constitutionalist...that means i took an oath and i mean to keep it...it has nothing to do with the presidents race, or affiliations, or even his ideology, it does have to do with abiding by the law of the land, which is the constitution, and that is not merely the documentation of the rights of the people, but also sets clear limits on government from taking those rights for ANY reason, no matter how good the reason may sound...

seems to me that some people want to forget that in the name of progress, but they forget that bush, and clinton before him, and bush's daddy before him, and even reagan were not as nice as any of them were painted to be...a lot of shady stuff was going on both in the open, and behind the scenes to destroy this nation...it just happens to be now that these things are being pushed as hard, and every time we turn around there is a shooting...ask yourself why?

look where most of these shootings happen...either in places where guns are prohibited or highly regulated, or in places where there is a lot of drug trafficking and the innocent bystander gets injured or killed more often than the intended target...but yet the same govt that claims to be fighting the war on drugs, is actually facilitating the same drugs from both central america through mexico to the us, and from afghanistan to the us seaports...the same govt said that cities with gun control would be safe havens, but in reality they are not...so they are the problem...not the people...

they love pointing the finger and deferring the blame to everyone else, but when they get called on it, they cook up labels like "domestic terrorist" and "conspiracy theorist" to demonize the ones exposing their criminal activities...

and so you still think we dont have a right to defend ourselves against these kinds of murderers and criminals? with whatever firearms will keep us competitive with whoever they send to enforce whatever unjust law they want to pass? just cause it takes more skill to use a single shot bolt action rifle to hit a target, does not mean it is smart to use the same thing at close quarters against an attacker...sure it can be done, but its not smart...

to get back to the topic of the NOLA shooting, it appalls me that there were police there, and they could not respond to the criminals who did this quick enough...sounds like they need to do more drills under stress...i know im looking at it from the outside, but it just seems a little off to me that trained LEOs did not know how to respond to this kind of attack...im a veteran, and i have a pretty good sense of what is going on around me, and i can respond pretty darned fast in just about any situation...and i know there is more like me in the states that can as well, so it seems a little off to me that they did not at least catch these guys...seems like they are a bit complaisant...

edit on 12-5-2013 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by fairguy

What is "extremely foolish" about defending your SECOND AMENDMENT, UNALIENABLE RIGHT to bear arms in order to defend yourself against a tyrannical Government who refuses to redress grievances brought to it and instead actively seeks to assert overt control over your very livelihood?

It seems natural to me. I will not be controlled. I will not be denied my rights to freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

These are the principles we set forth when we established ourselves sovereign to YOUR monarchy. Your tyranny.

Look at what it has come to. I run a hotel at night. Hotel tax in my state is 13.5 percent!!!

This unacceptable!
We advertise a certain rate and people are ASTOUNDED that the rate is nearly 30 dollars more than the advertised rate.

What do I say?
Take it up with the man.
What else can I say??

Back in the day we fought a friggin war over a ONE PERCENT tax increase.

They have steadily found a way to take more and more. But take my ability to adequately defend myself (haha. They have smart bombs), and that dog just don't hunt, pal.

Thats just how it is.

I don't know how to tell you this but...You are being controlled and your seriously outgunned

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join