It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Book by Timothy Good comes out in November 2013.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

You skeptics and debunkers share wagons a lot together?

If nothing positive to say then why say anything at all?

You mean disallow different points of view?

The book isn't even out yet also

So why has a thread been started about the yet-to-be-printed book?

I dunno, ask the OP

It is a very vague debate though

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

If nothing positive to say then why say anything at all? And it would also seem like some are lashing out with no real counter-evidence against no real points in particular. The book isn't even out yet also

The counter-evidence against the old Armstrong-secretly-admitted-seeing-UFOs fairy tale is overwhelming, why won't you confront it directly instead of whining how it should be suppressed or ignored?

Hundreds of newsmen heard Apollo-11 air-to-ground voice comm live, as did hundreds more NASA Mission Control workers, many of them my mentors and friends. Also, a handful of radio amateurs -- whose names and contemporary testimony are known -- picked up the signals independently and confirmed they heard the same chatter that was on the 'official' released channel.

Good's stories strike me as loathesome exploitation of a brave and honest man's coffin -- he died last year -- as a soapbox for a snake oil salesman to exploit. I am profoundedly disgusted with Good's anti-factual and slanderous portrayel of Neil as a public liar and race-traitor, for his [Good's] own money and ego, and consider him an intellectual and ethical pygmy in comparison.

Other than that, I'm sure it will be an entertaining read for the ego-boosting fake-inside-knowledge crowd.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

If nothing positive to say then why say anything at all? And it would also seem like some are lashing out with no real counter-evidence against no real points in particular. The book isn't even out yet also

The counter-evidence against the old Armstrong-secretly-admitted-seeing-UFOs fairy tale is overwhelming, why won't you confront it directly instead of whining how it should be suppressed or ignored?

Hundreds of newsmen heard Apollo-11 air-to-ground voice comm live, as did hundreds more NASA Mission Control workers, many of them my mentors and friends. Also, a handful of radio amateurs -- whose names and contemporary testimony are known -- picked up the signals independently and confirmed they heard the same chatter that was on the 'official' released channel.

Good's stories strike me as loathesome exploitation of a brave and honest man's coffin -- he died last year -- as a soapbox for a snake oil salesman to exploit. I am profoundedly disgusted with Good's anti-factual and slanderous portrayel of Neil as a public liar and race-traitor, for his [Good's] own money and ego, and consider him an intellectual and ethical pygmy in comparison.

Other than that, I'm sure it will be an entertaining read for the ego-boosting fake-inside-knowledge crowd.

Whining is clearly something you've perfected, why not proof these accusations against Armstrong as being false then, instead of, erm, whining

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Whining is clearly something you've perfected, why not proof these accusations against Armstrong as being false then, instead of, erm, whining

How about you proving them true instead of, erm, conveniently shifting the burden of proof to compensate for your evidential shortcomings?

It's a good thing the justice system isn't run by UFO fanatics.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Or indeed UFO skeptics and debunkers

I'm sure when the book is finally released we'll be able to discuss the issues more.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

N ope -- you've got the burden to prove the fairy tales true.

How about any credible witness willing to tell his name?

Don't have any?

I move for summary judgment.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
cool. i've read all his books (alien base was my favourite). i look forward to reading the new one

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
So does Timothy Good proffer an explanation as to what he thinks UFO's are and why they are here?. I have started to notice a trend nobody ever seems to answer those questions or thoroughly speculate an answer to them and give evidence for.

He seems to believe they are physical beings in nuts-and-bolts machines. Some are here for our good - or so he believes. Some are dangerous.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
No one has any burden to prove anything, unless of course you are getting paid to prove it by someone. If you don't like the conversation you should move along, preferably somewhere summery.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
No one has any burden to prove anything

Unless they expect to convince others who are under no obligation to believe anything.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
“I have the highest regard for Good’s absolute integrity, his determination and skill as a researcher, and his wide and detailed knowledge of the UFO experience.” (Lord Hill-Norton, former Chairman of the NATO Military Committee )

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

No one has any burden to prove anything, .....

For reality-free dreamers, maybe so.

For people trying to understand what is really going on, never evade the burden of proof.

The going-in presumption is 'normalcy' -- i.e., innocence, or non-existence of NEW phenomena.

Guilt, or major model revisions, must be proven beyond reasonable doubt.

This is asymmetric, and the playing field IS tilted. As it should be.

Most new ideas are junk. Only a few make it through the evaluation process. Most are forgotten.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Unlike you, Oberg, this is not a job for most of us here.

We can express opinions, relate experiences, ask questions and make statements all we want.
Most people already have their minds made up one way or another. If people think they can get on the internet and change other people’s minds they may be in for a big waste of time. Unless someone has an agenda to convince others of their viewpoint, there is no burden placed on anyone.

If you feel no burden to prove the accusations against Armstrong as being false, Z certainly has no reason to have to prove them as valid.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It would be interesting though to see how someone could prove Armstrong said something like what it says in Timothy Good’s "Above Top Secret":

“These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous!
OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it!
I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there,
Lined up on the far side of the crater edge!
They're on the Moon watching us!”

Even if an actual transmission of Armstrong’s voice caught by ham operators was presented to the public, you would try to disprove it, saying it was not the actual recorded voice of Armstrong.

Even if Aldrin and Collins agreed that was actually what Armstrong said you would go all Gordon Cooper on them and try to prove it was not so.

As it is, Armstrong either said it or he didn’t.
Z cannot prove Armstrong said it, and you cannot prove he did not.

So added to the history of UFO’s, it becomes a matter of personal viewpoint.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

No, he did not say that himself. That was a quote from the Russian president from Dec 2012.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It would be interesting though to see how someone could prove Armstrong said something like what it says in Timothy Good’s "Above Top Secret":

“These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous!
OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it!
I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there,
Lined up on the far side of the crater edge!
They're on the Moon watching us!”

Even if an actual transmission of Armstrong’s voice caught by ham operators was presented to the public, you would try to disprove it, saying it was not the actual recorded voice of Armstrong.

It would be a start to identify any real 'ham operator' and describe his/her rig, to assess fundamental capabilities. But no, it's always some shadowy figure, unavailable for independent verification. Without ANY evidence they even EXIST, the going-in position is that the NASA-released live voice comm, AND the comm actually listened to by hundreds of NASA/contractor workers inside Mission Control, not one of whom has ever claimed to have heard anything different. That bogus 'secret conversation' was thoroughly debunked thirty years ago, in my own book and elsewhere. No contrary evidence has ever showed up.

Even if Aldrin and Collins agreed that was actually what Armstrong said you would go all Gordon Cooper on them and try to prove it was not so.

Not even needed, since they never said so.

As it is, Armstrong either said it or he didn’t.
Z cannot prove Armstrong said it, and you cannot prove he did not.

Sure I can -- there isn't a shred of evidence that the live transmissions were ever interrupted or censored. Hundreds of direct witnesses, unanimous agreement that what we heard was what NASA got.

So added to the history of UFO’s, it becomes a matter of personal viewpoint.

Nope, the 'UFO conversation' is an assertion of fact that can be shown to be false by the overwelming evidence in its favor and the absence of any evidence to the contrary.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Torsion:

So why has a thread been started about the yet-to-be-printed book?

I didn't realise that I had to explain why I have made a thread about an author's up-coming book. Perhaps, in my naivity, I thought some members of ATS would like to know?

JimOberg:

For reality-free dreamers, maybe so.

Why do you think you are qualified to dictate to others through snide ridicule what reality is or isn't? You know no more the facticity and veracity of Armstrong's comment than you do of next weeks lottery numbers. All you are doing is giving an opinion, as everyone is entitled to do. Okay, you don't like Timothy Good, fair enough; personally, I do, but it doesn't actually make me a 'dreamer' whom is 'reality-free'. Whose slandering who here?

You can read Good's books and put it down to information you can either accept or don't, your opinion of him won't stop me or others from reading his work...I'll make my own mind up thankyou very much.

It doesn't matter what any author or ufo researcher releases in their books, no one is going to get nearer to knowing if what they write about is true or not, they just put the information out there, what you do with that information, how you take to it is up to you. All you have to do is to allow others to take that information how they see fit, and it isn't open to your criticism or ridicule via your pithy opinion.

The world is full of arrogant know-it-alls who think they know better than others.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Before anything, I want to state that I am a firm believer of an alien existence. Possibly even here on earth. Now, on with everything else.

Over the years, especially since signing up with ATS I've become more and more skeptical. That's not saying I throw everything under the buss and claim it's fake, but I take everything with a lot more then a grain of salt now a days. Which is fine, in fact I think that's the way it should be. But it's also left me feeling as if disclosure and/or an authorized (by government) announcement of E.T.'s may never come to fruition.

That is, until I recently (and I mean really recently) heard of Timothy Good. I sat today and watched a rather long Youtube clip (PM for links if you want) about what Timothy Good had to say about aliens, their mission and their communication and cooperation with the U.S. military.

I find that Timothy Good makes the most sense out of almost anyone else I've read or heard talk about the subject. Of course, I don't agree 100% with what he says, but you never agree with anyone 100%. (Not even with my GF. In fact, especially not with her.
)

I warmly recommend everyone to do a Youtube search for Timothy Good. If you'd like the exact video I watched, please PM me and I'll be more then happy to send you the link. It's an awesome listen and think many of you will like what he has to say.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join