It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vast and Impressive City Ruins in Antarctica!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is my last post until I have more evidence that is presentable and explained...

I hope that people understand that what's is going to be found is RUBBLE...it's not going to be pristine. If something found is pristine...it begs the question of the structure being ancient.

I'm looking for ruins resembling those found outside the Giza Pyramids...where the workers lived...I'll be sure to put in photos of known archaeological digs in the mideast for reference and comparison. These buildings and structures would most likely be built of the same stone naturally occurring in Antarctica...I truly believe that I've found quarries...another place that I'm scrambling to find again...I'm also looking for glyphs and geo-engineering (farmland...terraces...straight roads...bridges...

I'm not extremely tech savvy...so this thread is also educating me in how to present photos...I know the level of data and facts that I need for this discriminating group on this forum.

What started out as killing time has turned into a significant job for me and I know that I can't "half-ass" this...so, with any luck...new info by tonight. We've waited our whole existence...we can wait a little longer for absolute and undeniable proof.

Thank you to all that have supported this thread and my ideas...a great thanks to any contributors as well, your posts will prove to be invaluable to me during my hunts.

Let's find our past together and change history!!!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Sounds like lots of fun, I can't wait to see it all

I just read what I wrote, I dont mean that in a creepy way

edit on 13-5-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Since we are using Google earth maps, satellite and photograph glitches will be present, due to errors and overlaps in the stitching of photographs taken at different elevations, times etc.
Keep in mind to allow for such discrepancies and do search for actual anomalies, which i doubt you will any.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill

Originally posted by Hanslune

You we love, your data not so much - add in more useful information and interest will pick up.

Hans..."You we love, your data not so much" sounds very Yoda-sh!!!

Comes from a 19th century guide book to Egypt printed in 1845, 'Egypt we love, it's people not so much'.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

What is the scale of what we are looking at? What is the diameter of that semi-circular object?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You'll be disappointed to know under all that ice, is much less land than you think. Think of it more as a cluster of islands, rather than one massive land mass.

Well, with respect..I'm going to disagree with you on that one. This being one of my personal passions, I'm very familiar with what is in the public domain and science about the Continent and land mass. This is one of the most recent and accurate studies of the true land lines for the shoreline to Antarctica.

(Source:NASA / Landsat Data )

Of course, they are discovering a very complex and perhaps, actively flowing set of waterways and lakes beneath that giant sheet of ice, following the incredible discoveries around the Russian Vostok Station and Lake Vostok beneath it.

Map Characterizes Active Lakes Below Antarctic Ice (w/ Video)

The source on that last one is a sometimes dry but often times interesting site covering Physics, Earth Sciences and general Scientific topics. I've found it to be a solid source in the past.

It's a mystery Continent to be sure. Someday, I hope we have the technology to properly core down beneath the ice and start doing some exploring where the evidence indicates ice sheet movement may be little to none over the years. Seeing a landscape beneath that has been scraped like a clean sheet of stone may not hold much....but if areas exist with clear features and where the freeze came as a 'freeze in place' event to just keep piling on? Who knows... There could be some real great finds to be made. One of the final places on Earth to hold such promise. ......if only we can get to it without destroying what makes it special, of course.

edit on 13-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: fixing first link

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

a very poor hoax - used as advertising for a book

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by spooknevada1
reply to post by tauristercus

What is the location of that cave in the picture on google earth?

Those 2 pics (and many more) were taken from an Antarctica related thread that I created a couple years ago.

Very unusual holes/openings/entrances found in Antartica

Can easily be explained by volcanic activity sometime in the ancient past, or residual effects of lava tubes. But, the spelunker in me would love to go investigate those caves, i'd just hate having to go to Antarctica to do it.

However, wherever you find landmass there is a possibility of finding ancient ruins of civilizations, and there's no telling what is buried under all that ice.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Antartica isn't made of ice, it is covered in ice. I doubt than any form of civilization got there and managed to survive arctic conditions.

I would say it is rocks

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by eriktheawful

What is the scale of what we are looking at? What is the diameter of that semi-circular object?

Sorry, was out doing the mundane thing of grocery shopping.

the diameter of the semi circle is just over 1,200 feet or 4 football fields.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
Antartica isn't made of ice, it is covered in ice. I doubt than any form of civilization got there and managed to survive arctic conditions.

I would say it is rocks

I think the same.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just not seeing anything other than rocks. Wish I could be more constructive here, but not seeing it after pages of posts. Sorry, just my input.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Antarctica Hole (Google Earth)

edit on 13-5-2013 by jupiter09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Strange Creature Found 600 Feet Under Antarctica Ice

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You'll be disappointed to know under all that ice, is much less land than you think. Think of it more as a cluster of islands, rather than one massive land mass.

Well, with respect..I'm going to disagree with you on that one. This being one of my personal passions, I'm very familiar with what is in the public domain and science about the Continent and land mass. This is one of the most recent and accurate studies of the true land lines for the shoreline to Antarctica.

(Source:NASA / Landsat Data )

Of course, they are discovering a very complex and perhaps, actively flowing set of waterways and lakes beneath that giant sheet of ice, following the incredible discoveries around the Russian Vostok Station and Lake Vostok beneath it.

Map Characterizes Active Lakes Below Antarctic Ice (w/ Video)

The source on that last one is a sometimes dry but often times interesting site covering Physics, Earth Sciences and general Scientific topics. I've found it to be a solid source in the past.

It's a mystery Continent to be sure. Someday, I hope we have the technology to properly core down beneath the ice and start doing some exploring where the evidence indicates ice sheet movement may be little to none over the years. Seeing a landscape beneath that has been scraped like a clean sheet of stone may not hold much....but if areas exist with clear features and where the freeze came as a 'freeze in place' event to just keep piling on? Who knows... There could be some real great finds to be made. One of the final places on Earth to hold such promise. ......if only we can get to it without destroying what makes it special, of course.

edit on 13-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: fixing first link

As long as it's big enough to fit the world's population, we're good to go.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jupiter09

Those videos look more like soot on mountaintops. Wind-born pollution settling on the windward side of peaks.

www.redorbit.com...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
there is also a painter 800000 to 6 minutes total 9 + years took www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Maybe if the ice recedes far enough we will discover Atlantis there buried under the ice (water).

In Antartica? How was plato to ever write about it then? He put it somewhere in the Mediterranean

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thing about snow pack in Antarctica is that it is really deep. Some areas are buried under thousands of feet of snow and ice. In places whole mountain ranges are buried with just their spines and tops poking through.

Seen from space they have odd shapes that might appear like anything...from far away. Sometimes when I squint real hard, I see cities in the clouds.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join