It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vast and Impressive City Ruins in Antarctica!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Like others have said, I too do not wish to demean, but the images show nothing unusual in my opinion.

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen

I doubt that these are naturally occuring geographical features.

Please explain why you are dubious?

Does this look like a naturally occurring feature to you?

Well it is.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
Things have been coming to light:

gold-silver.us...

I know that this is an obscure post...but this has been happening only in the last few weeks.

I'm so stoked...I didn't come across this post until today...after seeing what I did in Antarctica.

By the end of my first few posts...rocks will not be the answer.

Problem with that story is it came from beforeitsnews
Not a very reliable source.
You may want to read this thread: Satellite Detects an Ancient 12,000-Year-Old Structure Under Antarctica Ice

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Could you explain further on what you are seeing? I'm only getting what looks like terrain covered snow with light layers of snow in areas!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The semi-circle piece with what look like evenly spaced (supports?) along it is quite interesting. Need more info though (co-ordinates) before really saying much.

But my interest is sparked. Certainly, its possible there could be something under all that ancient ice.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I wonder if this could be 'Rainbow City' mentioned in 'The Hefferlin Manuscript'?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
General coordinates are 76 degrees 45' 59.15" s and 126 degrees 26' 49.57"w. I found it using RSOE EDIS map and matched it up with google earth.It appears to be mountain tops.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have a really crap internet connection and I cant even view any of the pics.

But I'll still play anyhow.
This pic is from Operation Highjump in 1947 taken at 10,000ft

for comparison this pic below is Stalingrad in 1945, also at 10,000ft

Evenyone knows that Australia is the only continent that has no ancient ruins.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Since the ice has receded in the last four or five years...things are emerging that wouldn't have been noticed at all before. I still have a few pics that will prove undeniable

Not being funny....but....wouldn't it have been in every bodies best interests if you'd posted the pics that "prove undeniable" before the pics that in all honesty, appear to be rocks?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I love this place also.

At one point in time, billions of years ago, everything was a bit chunk of land mass surrounded by water then everything went wild and pieces drifted away.

We're bound to find something. Maybe not something created by man or other life forms, but some unknown species of fossil that'll help determine for sure how we came to be.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I love this place also.

At one point in time, billions of years ago, everything was a bit chunk of land mass surrounded by water then everything went wild and pieces drifted away.

We're bound to find something. Maybe not something created by man or other life forms, but some unknown species of fossil that'll help determine for sure how we came to be.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Maybe H. P. Lovecraft was right and these are what's left of the cities of the Elder Things after the conflict with Cthulhu and the Mi-go.

Maybe we need a real expedition to look at these possible remains as well as a real search for R'lyeh.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

LOL. I see snow covered mountaintops. You must be one of those people who forever looks at mars and sees buildings where everyone else sees lava tubes and makes claims humans came from mars.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer

Maybe we need a real expedition to look at these possible remains as well as a real search for R'lyeh.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hmmm big big rocks in the form of mountains......

+16 more 
posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I gotta say something here.... I just have to. I thought long and hard about whether I should, but this has just been ugly. I don't mean everyone who pointed out these are likely rock formations ...but how many were outright mean about it or hard edged to the point of almost cutting with it.

If someone like me or another long term, regular contributor who is known for working a bit on threads posted something as speculative as this is...I could well see people saying 'Huh??'. However, this isn't a banner WATS contributor with scores of threads for experience and refinement. She's got a whopping 7 threads since coming here...and pretty well said from the start that it was speculative and asking opinion as much as anything.

Some of the BEST threads I've found in old ATS archives of messages started like this one, by members who did spend hours going blind on mind numbing satellite imagery to find something cool to share or just for the joy of finding things.

There have been several threads...or rants...in recent weeks, complaining about how it's news news news. Nothing but News thread and no one does anything really nifty and different anymore. When a relatively new member (to writing threads anyway) DOES do something innovative, the response is so bad, it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't share much else for a long time.

That's a loss not just for one line of potentially great threads (maybe the next one would be REALLY good... we may not know now?) but how many read this thread, saw the reaction, and figured... 'Better her than me! I'm not doing that!'?? It just strikes me as ironic, after so many HAVE been complaining about nothing really original for ideas being posted.

What's more original than the OP spending, who knows how long, on one of the most BORING places on Earth to view satellite imagery for (Believe me..I know) and then sharing a "Maybe? something? watcha all think?"
edit on 12-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Success and being right is part of the formula - we have lots of 'no-go' threads on ATS. One can support new contributors without uncritically swallowing what they offer up.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I gotta say something here.... I just have to. I thought long and hard about whether I should, but this has just been ugly. I don't mean everyone who pointed out these are likely rock formations ...but how many were outright mean about it or hard edged to the point of almost cutting with it.

If someone like me or another long term, regular contributor who is known for working a bit on threads posted something as speculative as this is...I could well see people saying 'Huh??'. However, this isn't a banner WATS contributor with scores of threads for experience and refinement. She's got a whopping 7 threads since coming here...and pretty well said from the start that it was speculative and asking opinion as much as anything.

Some of the BEST threads I've found in old ATS archives of messages started like this one, by members who did spend hours going blind on mind numbing satellite imagery to find something cool to share or just for the joy of finding things.

There have been several threads...or rants...in recent weeks, complaining about how it's news news news. Nothing but News thread and no one does anything really nifty and different anymore. When a relatively new member (to writing threads anyway) DOES do something innovative, the response is so bad, it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't share much else for a long time.

That's a loss not just for one line of potentially great threads (maybe the next one would be REALLY good... we may not know now?) but how many read this thread, saw the reaction, and figured... 'Better her than me! I'm not doing that!'?? It just strikes me as ironic, after so many HAVE been complaining about nothing really original for ideas being posted.

What's more original than the OP spending, who knows how long, on one of the most BORING places on Earth to view satellite imagery for (Believe me..I know) and then sharing a "Maybe? something? watcha all think?"
edit on 12-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the backup...I have spent countless hours (instead of doing sonmething useful) analyzing these satellite images. I put myself through many standards before even considering posting something as a possible structure. I've considered...lava flows...glacier shearing and other factors...the places that I find these structures geographically make sense if planning a city...as in...on the coast or even on the base of an ancient dormant volcano.

Haters gonna hate.
It'll be ok.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You we love, your data not so much - add in more useful information and interest will pick up.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It is my opinion there is "something" in Antarctica. There was all that hubbub about the lake drilling, then the team maintains a radio silence for days, then they make contact again, then nothing more was mentioned. Of course, if they're trying to hide something, they're not going to put information on CNN! We have to rely on other websites and use logical discretion to discern what is realistic and what is fantasy. At this link, there is all sorts of interesting stories relating to what might be 'down south'.

The magnetic anomalies, strange caves, missing news crew, the Piri Reis map shows the land without snow... verified fairly recently, the Enterprise Mission, Antarctica had trees and we've even discovered dinosaur remains there. (more dinosaur news)... There are even rumors that there was a Nazi base there.

Some of the pictures and information out there is enough to raise the eyebrows of very logical people.

Nice pics, OP... they could be stone, but man builds with stone too. Hard to say without seeing them for myself. I would love to pack my winter gear and head down there... but I'm broke. AND if the conspiracy theories ARE true, I'd rather live.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Not sure why the OP still has not released the lat and long coordinates of the area of interest so that everyone can use Google Earth to go take a look, however, I've found the area for any that might be interested:

The OP's 2nd image in this thread seems to be a black box around an area known as The Executive Committee Range, located at:

76 deg 52' 05" S
125 deg 58' 14' W

I found it by going to the RSOE site, and looking at the layout of the coast (as you might know, RSOE displays Antarctica stretched out. By zooming out, I was able to locate the coast line in the OP's 2nd picture, and then zoom into the area on Google Earth.

It's a beautiful mountain range with very high resolution areas that have been taken.

Enjoy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join