It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Short Video about the MAY 25, 2013 PROTEST of GMO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There will be a March/protest on May 25, 2013 in many cities in the USA

A little ?hype? and info on GMO crops for those who do not know that much about GMO..Negative video on GMO and the problems it causes.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I heard it was world wide, not just limited to the USA.

I'm not totally sure how I feel on the subject. I'm kind of torn.

On one hand to GM the plants to make them pest resistant, more resilient in general, and to produce bigger fruits/crops, is a good thing.

On the other hand, modifying them not to produce seed for the next harvest, patenting seeds, and trying to scoop the food supply into one corperate basket is wrong.

If they both go hand in hand, I choose neither, give me the natural stuff please!

Wifi.
edit on 12-5-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Within a couple of years, they will prove within a shadow of a doubt that many of the GMO foods are sickening and killing people. At that time, since these corporations make the laws here in this country, International law should be used to send all the scientists and management of these companies, along with any politicians backing them, straight to hell where they belong. No lawsuits, criminal proceedings should be used. Death penalties for many of them for the death and sickness they have bestowed on the public. It seems like our Judicial system has been severely compromised along with the political system.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I agree....... the problem is getting natural stuff or GMO and knowing which is which. If it is a world protest then I was unaware for the vid only listed some cities in the states....the more the merrier I suppose.
I am more of a please do not put bug poison in my food kinda guy....Also there were a few threads and online sources a year or so ago about farmers in India who went GMO and lost everything...They were placed in such dire straights many committed suicide...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I read it here a few days ago...

www.naturalnews.com...

(NaturalNews) With President Obama's recent signing of the Monsanto Protection Act, food safety advocates are up in arms. As GMOs fill grocery store shelves at an alarming rate, more people are growing aware of the health risks associated with genetically altered organisms. People are growing tired of this disease-promoting, genetically manipulated food. They are sick of controlling multinational corporations like Monsanto dictating their food supply. That's why on May 25th 2013, rallies across the world are organizing, from Australia to Germany, from New York to California. A March against Monsanto is expected to take place.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Myself and a few friends are going to the one in Boston. It is a worldwide protest against Monsanto, if you're curious as to where these marches will take place, there's a google doc that can help you find all of them.

A poster above mentioned that they are torn on whether GMOs are a good thing or bad thing and cited engineered resilience to pests etc as a potential good thing... these GMO crops have repeatedly been proven to not be anymore resilient than natural crops, in fact regarding pests... insects and rodents adapt very fast to pesticides, in some cases from one brood to the next brood within the same season, most GMO crops require more and more at heavier concentrations to keep up with pests.

It's absolutely unnecessary when there's a specific outlawed plant that is more effective than any poison we have ever concocted at keeping pests away. And just to clarify, the plants aren't engineered to be pest resistant but pesticide tolerant, and the way they do that is to engineer the pesticide directly into the seed of the plants. Yummy!

Anyway OP, thanks for bringing this to ATS.
edit on 12-5-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hawaiian lands in vast stretches of fertile acreage have been sold for gmo experimentation...especially on Oahu - by none other than Kamehameha Schools, the largest land holders and self professed steward of the people.
To see it is enough to raise questions...but rising above the huge dormant volcano, Haleakala (House of the Sun) on the wonderful island of Maui, are billowing smoke stacks of burning cane (sugar cane) in fields and the factory...remnants of a bygone era whose pollution continuously contributes its toxic depletion to the aina (lands)...with its contaminated black sot floating all around in the country and city.

They have been marching and speaking up hard and long days - JUSTICE

Hawaii gmo JUSTICE
Awareness

LOVE

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

It is amazing how money can change minds, no? I am surprised some EPA reg has not made it mandatory to have scrubbers on the smoke stacks....

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Exactly.
The irony is that the first time witnessing these protruding pollution pipes pouring into some of the freshest air in the world over one of the most beautiful lands across all the land, Bill Nye was playing on the flight...talking about the technology of scrubbers!
Was not able to locate that episode after much searching either.
Honestly they are so far out in the ocean that they extend beyond many over-site agencies which would monitor and moderate such contaminants...if they cared...but they do not...because the other side of being that far removed from the rest of the world (not to mention the Hawaiian people do not consider themselves even part of the US due to its illegal annexation) is that many things are not only not 'over-seen', but actively encouraged...

Many conscious individuals now inhabit these islands - all aware of connection with the land - and are collectively raising awareness of the need for PURE SEED ~

LOVE

top topics

join