It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom Helicopters over the UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
that was a great read! gonna do my own research into this one.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual

I can't say for sure if this pilot should be commended for his/her skills or just plain locked up

ETA: And a truly cool thread OP, awesome writing and read

edit on 12-5-2013 by minkmouse because: part two

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Excellent story, OP well done and great to read!
S & F

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
its all very interesting but am i missing somthing what has it to do with ufo`s?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Have been looking into this topic and it seem that there has been an upsurge in sightings of black hellicopters since about 2008 in the uk with no markings and often seen spraying chemicals....strange

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xnibiru

Why? there have been multiple sightings all over the uk

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xnibiru

Care to actually give thoughts on the matter? I mean, if nothing else, the OP was very well written and presented. I think it deserves more than a two character response and an "lol" from a newb, don't you?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

A link between sightings in different parts of the world is always an intriguing one to ponder there were the airship/scareships in the late 1800s and then again just before World War I, all sorts of crazy things going on in the aftermath of WWII across the globe and then Rendlesham and Cash/Landrum just days apart. There was a report of sonic booms and sightings of strange craft just a week or two after the Phoenix Lights in England too. Far too many others to mention.

Is there a link? It's something we should consider but must also avoid joining the dots and jumping to the wrong conclusion.

As in this "Phantom Chopper" case it could literally have been triggered by some nutter flying a helicopter once or twice and then a number of other unlinked events that were all lumped wrongly together.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
its all very interesting but am i missing somthing what has it to do with ufo`s?

Well as I said in the opening post it's not strictly UFOs although it does have all hallmarks of a UFO flap. Although the pilot of the flying object did remain unidentified

It would be good if you share some your findings on these "unmarked" helicopters as well.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

You know you got me thinking...I was out in the garden enjoying the rare sunshine here in the UK and I heard a slow moving jet or plane way up high, looked up and noticed it was leaving a contrail.

Started to think, if I was in the middle ages or earlier and saw such a thing, the first thing I would think is:

"That there be a dragon...yes sir...go put the kettle on luv".

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Weren't helipcopters observed harassing some UFOlogist? there's a clip on YouTube.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Interesting thread and a great read! Thanks.

I'm from Yorkshire and only a couple of years ago i saw a VERY low, all black helicopter fly over my house. No clue what it was there for and from what i could see it had no symbols or stripes or anything. Just black.

Not saying this is connected, of course.. but thought i'd throw it out there

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Black helicopters spotted on google earth!!

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Great work on this ... interesting topic.
I wonder if all the mentioned incidents fit into the same "string of events", or if this just is the business-end of a "logistics-channel" in support of some clandestine ops, which was shut down as a whole, after the thing drew too much attention from the media.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by phillipplaitklasss
Weren't helipcopters observed harassing some UFOlogist? there's a clip on YouTube.

There's quite a few clips out there.

There's this one of a British Army Copter hovering over a crop circle and harassing a researcher Colin Andrews.

Sadly this is a poor quality copy but when this was originally shown on TV in the UK you could also see an orb or ball of light hovering close by as well.

There may well be a better quality copy out there?

There's also more on the army monitoring crop circles here

www.realufos.net...

The plot thickens!
edit on 14/5/13 by mirageman because: Updated with more info

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerUtho
Great work on this ... interesting topic.
I wonder if all the mentioned incidents fit into the same "string of events", or if this just is the business-end of a "logistics-channel" in support of some clandestine ops, which was shut down as a whole, after the thing drew too much attention from the media.

There have been lots of good theories banded about on the thread, SAS, night vision being tested, IRA. It could have been all of those things and totally unrelated.

Then there's the video above. Did we have crop circles back in 1973/74? Although not in quarries
Seems the military have somekind of interest in them.

Interestingly the paper from the Home Office (see original post part II) at first states that requests from the military for searchlights, radar, helicopters and even Harrier jump jets were discussed but turned down as impractical or too costly,

It then concludes that the MoD would prepare a paper "...on the services they could provide should further sightings be made.

Abruptly the activity ceased. (Although we have to remember that by mid-June dusk does not occur until well after 10 pm in the North of England.) So there would be less opportunity to fly under cover of darkness.

But you may be on to something with your theory there.

edit on 14/5/13 by mirageman because: typos

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thats the first I've seen of this great read I will look more into the matter

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Not a lot to be found on his subject I'm afraid but it is indeed interesting none the less

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join