It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these crazy wildly spinning "atoms" what is see with my eyes?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Sounds like your retina might be detaching

Or just floaters

edit on 13-5-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RhinestoneCowboy
Hi guys,

Is there any scientific explanation to this? Whenever I watch a morning sky for example, I see these wildly spinning atoms. There are many of them and they move very disorderly. Some move slower and some faster, and some make sudden changes of speed or movement, like a sudden circle or something.

I cannot see them in my eyes right now, but only when I concentrate to something which has light. For example a sky.

Yeah, I see them too. I think it's just your cone and rods receptors firing randomly at the molecular level - a bit like the static on a badly-tuned TV.
edit on 13-5-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Or just floaters

No, not floaters. these don't move as much as what me and the OP see.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Everybody... These things are not cells, nor bacterias, nor floater. I saw them too and these are not it. No, we are referring to some sort of rapidly moving particles going in every directions, even though you don't move your eyes. I can even see a tunnel-like pattern in those I see if I concentrate a bit. It has something to do with the eye's receptors, not the surface of the eye itself.

reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

OP, does what you see look like fast-fowarded snow falling in all directions, and these "snowflakes" are almost luminous?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Down the road, you may find a sudden sharp pain in your heart and a numbing sensation in your arm. now science has determined this to be a heart attack, but I am sure you can dismiss that also and instead consider it maybe a spiritual awakening.

Or wait for it..... it could just be chest pain and bad circulation. Not every chest pain and numbing of the left arm will be a heart attack. I think one should know their body and through education have a better understanding of their own body. Yes chest pain and numbness of the left arm has been the precursor to many that have suffered a heart attack, however not every case is a heart attack is it, anxiety can bring upon these symptoms as well can it not?

No one has denied science, I think Doc is just saying whats known now will eventually be looked at like primitive thinking or knowledge.

You have to agree Saturn,

I mean even our understanding and knowledge of gravity will eventually evolve or do you believe that we have reached the pinnacle of scientific understanding of gravity?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

look like fast-fowarded snow falling in all directions, and these "snowflakes" are almost luminous?

I'm not the OP but this is extremely similar to what I see,

rapidly moving particles going in every directions, even though you don't move your eyes. I can even see a tunnel-like pattern in those I see if I concentrate a bit.

Yes, all within a split second, I mean seeing the tunnel like pattern.

Swan could you maybe link to info you have come across as you have the best and most similar description of the floaters, ghosts, spirits, whatever you wish to call whats seen that I have also experienced many times.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
Swan could you maybe link to info you have come across as you have the best and most similar description of the floaters, ghosts, spirits, whatever you wish to call whats seen that I have also experienced many times.

Cool! We see the same thing!

Well the thing which we see is not a floater. This what floaters look like: en.wikipedia.org...

It definitively not snow-like, nor luminous, nor forming "tunnels".

Which means whatever we see is left unexplained. I would hope an optometrist could come along and tell us..

I stick with the receptor firing randomly hypothesis...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

From the wiki link

can appear alone or together with several others in one’s visual field. They may appear as spots, threads, or fragments of cobwebs, which float slowly before the observer’s eyes.

Never alone and many more to constitute it as several, some times it would seem as though they are in the 1000s and more and at times can stay in my field of view for some time and move at accelerated/decelerated rates.

The description from wiki below does somewhat explain the why we might see something like this

Floaters are suspended in the vitreous humour, the thick fluid or gel that fills the eye.[5] Thus, they follow the rapid motions of the eye, while drifting slowly within the fluid. When they are first noticed, the natural reaction is to attempt to look directly at them. However, attempting to shift one's gaze toward them can be difficult since floaters follow the motion of the eye, remaining to the side of the direction of gaze. Floaters are, in fact, visible only because they do not remain perfectly fixed within the eye. Although the blood vessels of the eye also obstruct light, they are invisible under normal circumstances because they are fixed in location relative to the retina, and the brain "tunes out" stabilized images due to neural adaptation. This stabilization is often interrupted by floaters, especially when they tend to remain visible.[2]

However, as pointed out above its way more than one or several, they are somewhat luminous and in my experience move individually at various speeds with what I perceive as acceleration and deceleration.

It could be the same thing we experience just that our symptoms of this entoptic phenomena is rather more severe as I see multitudes not several and depending on emotional state can focus better on an individual bubble for moments at a time but usually detracted by the thousands or even millions covering my field of view but not blinding me from what I am looking at.

Most times they come into view when proceeding outside on a sunny day and looking at the sky.
Can then look around and see them everywhere, even though when I go from looking at a blue sky to the ground or even the side of the house they at times stay in my sight, other times the vanish when looking at something darker but with a bit of focus can make the visible again.

I'm still on the fence as to how its been explained because much of the explanation makes much sense, however the descriptions are somewhat different.

My crazy mind likes to think of the Lion king and when looking up at the stars is looking at the kings of the past is some what similar to when I see or others see these floaters or whatever one wishes to call them, I like to believe that its some sort of spiritual experience we are having, but science and logic of today like to put a sock into that kind of thinking which at times I tend to do also but the child inside of me seems to suffer when I do.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I didn't disagree with you about the white blood cell thing, I was just saying scince science changes, people shouldn't believe that science can be the only way

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I can always see little tiny blue red and white dots on everything i look at. I see the floaties too. the dots are the ones i've always wondered about. ive always thought i could see molecules but i never thought to ask or how to even ask.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

I didn't disagree with you about the white blood cell thing, I was just saying scince science changes, people shouldn't believe that science can be the only way

Yes, science changes..its the general point of science to change and grow as more information is accessed. But we are at a point with our tools to nail down some things. the white blood cell thing, as per the topic of this thread, is known..it is about as mysterious as a broken arm or a pulse.

I do remember science is constantly a work in progress...once we have all the answers, then science will no longer be a "thing", and we will all be gods...until that day though, it is our best bet in regards to coming close to the truth. Medical understandings (how many bones in the human body, optical functions, taste buds, etc) are not really up to negotiation...things like pre-big bang and the like are debatable.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

hey, i see the same things, i find the best place to look to see them clearly is at bright snow, the sky or a blank wall, i know some people will tell you its just dirt or debris, but ive tried some experiments and made some deductions,
i have 3 tiny scratches or marks on my eyes (i know there marks cause they have been there for years) 2 on my left and 1 on my right, they are small blurs and i can only see them when i keep my eyes still, point is they are permenant marks that act as landmarks on my field of vision, there always in the same spot no matter where i look. the swirling dots move in chaos but never seem to hit each other, (wow i hate to say it but) like a thousand points of light the size of a grain of sand, i notice the marks and the swirling dots all stay in the frame when i move my eyes, telling me what ever it is, is not out there but either on my eye or in my eye/brain, not sure.
anyway its kinda cool to see, i see it every day, kinda thought i was the only one. it would be nice to know what they are and why they move like that.
peace.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
Or wait for it..... it could just be chest pain and bad circulation. Not every chest pain and numbing of the left arm will be a heart attack. I think one should know their body and through education have a better understanding of their own body. Yes chest pain and numbness of the left arm has been the precursor to many that have suffered a heart attack, however not every case is a heart attack is it, anxiety can bring upon these symptoms as well can it not?

Your getting lost in the example and missing the point.

No one has denied science, I think Doc is just saying whats known now will eventually be looked at like primitive thinking or knowledge.

You have to agree Saturn,

I mean even our understanding and knowledge of gravity will eventually evolve or do you believe that we have reached the pinnacle of scientific understanding of gravity?

Yes, science of tomorrow will chuckle at our feeble grasp of reality today.
But that then makes us push for greater understanding, not dismiss our current understanding in favor of superstitions of yesterday.

In saying that, this is human biology and anatomy. We got most of this down already. The brain is still generally speaking a mystery, but the rest is simply mechanics, and we have a fairly decent understanding of the mechanics at this point. Still difficult on how to repair, but we can identify.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by m.red
it would be nice to know what they are and why they move like that.
peace.

White blood cells. You will see em best looking at a daytime sky (cloudless for max effect).
blue lightwaves gets reflected from your red blood cells, but passes through the white blood cells creating a inverse shadow effect, which in turn is the lights swirling around. pretty cool..your actually seeing the individual blood cells of your body.

As far as the things in your eyes...that is actually left over from when you were a fetus and your eyes were forming...just junk floating around inside your eyes looks like a very thin orbey sort of crinkled hair, right) That stays with you your entire life.
When you are a old man (or woman) you can look at it and think that has been with you since the dawning of your life. kinda cool to consider.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

i kinda thought they were to big to be atoms. thanks

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I get these too!

Always wondered what they were and I too wrote them off as 'metaphysical'.

haha, nutcases.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Its funny that I provided the answer on the first page and then again with a research paper and an explanatory video on the second page and some people still are confused as to what the OP was trying to describe. Its not that long of a thread read the whole thing.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

it is not white blood cells moving through your eye.

they have distinctive patterns and lengths and movements which dismisses white blood cells.

they are floaties, and they are in the optic fluid in your eye and they float around in there.

they originate from the impurities in the aminosynthetic fluid captured in the early formation of your eyes from the fluid in your mothers womb.

test tube babies do not have floaties.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

they are not
white blood cells.
Doctor???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join