It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy wants space warriors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
www.navytimes.com...

Seeking more space warriors to operate new satellites, the Navy has expanded the number of jobs in the space cadre, an assortment of specially trained engineers, operators and astronauts. And officials have a new, better way of measuring their level of experience, according to a new policy released April 23.

But what exactly is a “space war fighter,” you ask? Think less “Star Wars” and more mission control.

Space cadre members control the Navy’s tactical communications satellites, designed to relay voice and data around the world via ultra high frequency, as well as the Pentagon’s communications satellites. They’re rolling out the Mobile User Objective System, an array that will include four operational satellites an in-orbit spare; the first MUOS craft was launched in February 2012.

Satellite workers eh? If I was too enlist again I'd be all about this job! But...

The cadre includes enlisted sailors, but they aren’t eligible for the space AQDs right now. DeJesus said a group of experts is “looking at that.”

Looking into that? Awesome. Even if they weren't looking into it I'd get myself commissioned as soon as possible!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Until the boredom steps in.

"Lieutenant where is that satellite you're looking after!"

"Well Sir, it is still in the geo stationary orbit we put it in three years ago. Still there, still doing its job, Sir"

"Well done lieutenant! There will be a medal in this for you, yes goddamn it, a medal."

"Thank you Sir, it will be the highlight of my career." ZZZZzzzzzzzzz

P

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Boredom? I suppose one can find boredom in just about anything but this is a very cool job(s) that one can take to the private sector and do quite well. Either way, stay with the gov't or not, that's one hell of an resume.

edit on 12-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thats pretty interesting, the army has an "Army Astronaut Badge", course I don't know the exact criteria to obtain one. I mean, we have a space fleet.....don't we? Guys? Hey where are yoi going? Guys!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Does the USN have a space fleet? I dunno, I mean, we have astronauts who were/are USN but as far as space fleet goes there is definitely a conspiracy theory that one exists. Although I'm not at all familiar with that conspiracy so maybe someone here can fill us in,

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
SPAWARSYSCOM Rocks! But Military Use of space is against the law, for the U.S., anyway. Actual E.T.s can weaponize space anytime they want, just like the Russians and Chinese (Google FOBS)! These should be Marine Corp billets not NAVY billets. Space Marines sounds better. Space Sailors sounds to much like some bad Japanese anime drunken rocket jockeys or something!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Is this technology really needed?

High frequency transmissions/killer satellites/more microwave transmissions/top secret this and that.

Enough is enough....what are these things doing to our Planet? The bees are going nuts, the whales etc are going deaf,
are we all cooking from the inside out?

They couldnt even prevent 2 young people blowing up a street, and killing people a couple of weeks ago.

They couldnt prevent the 911 business.

They cant even defeat a bunch of mountain men in Afghanistan after 10 years, even after killing 1000s of innocent people.

Really, isnt it time to step back and just say.....Why? What Is going on?

Where are the 2000s 21st century anti war, peace/love Hippies?

Not that it matters...the ones from the 1960s, have now turned into the crooked politicians/bankers/corporates that they, once themselves, abhorred.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is a warrior nation isn't it? The United States doesn't become a world leader if our fighting forces are not warriors.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

NAVY Space Command Uncovered
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by zorgon
started on 8/15/2009 @ 03:48 AM

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Thats pretty interesting, the army has an "Army Astronaut Badge", course I don't know the exact criteria to obtain one. I mean, we have a space fleet.....don't we? Guys? Hey where are yoi going? Guys!

Ok O neal...its time for your meds. Next youll tell me about that stargate thingy we have under cheyenne mountain.

( yes we do have a fleet,but...we kind of lost it when they broke away. now we have to rebuild it)

join