It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Minnessota Homes under attack by super-fast ice flow.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is amazing footage and a bit scary. Mother nature has more tricks up her sleeve than we know about.

Ice Charging Into Northern Minn. Homes Caught on Video

Ice outs are still happening on lakes in northern Minnesota because of our cold and snowy spring.

Now, homes along the shore of Lake Mille Lacs are getting damaged because the ice is moving like a glacier, and pushing up against the homes.

kstp.com...
edit on Sat May 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ADDED EX TAGS Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Same thing is happening in Manitoba.

www.winnipegfreepress.com...

I feel for the property owners.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

Thanks for sharing this...it is SUPER CREEPY watching that ice inch forward, like some kind of horror movie...just need the screechy violins and timpani added for a better effect.
My heart goes out to those homeowners

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Dad has a cabin in Northern Minn, on a lake; still 6' of snow drifts there! One of the Latest springs on record in many places (world) while others are sunshine and hot.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
wow, i have never seen anything like that before..

What could you possibly do to save your home?

wow..just ..wow..

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There is a lesson here.

Mother Nature 1 Mankind 0

Always the same result! There is a lesson here.

Sadly, Mankind seems incapable of learning

P

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Saw this on the national news. Awsome. It is almost like it is a living thing. The waves are vibrating it along and into the house.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
On the plus side, it's forecast to be 90 degrees here in Minnesota on Tuesday! Bloody well freezing today (forecast for frost tonight) and it'll be 90 in three days.

The weather has gone mad.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
WOW I have seen ice wave videos on the shore and all..
But I have never seen ice come into peoples homes before!
This is a very interesting video OP thanks.

Its almost like "The Nothing" from the Never Ending Story.

Except this would be "The Icing"

"These look like big strong hands don't they. Not even they could stop the Icing."

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Mother nature... does not argue.

in song format.. oO

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Here is a other ice tsunami in Manitoba wall of ice 9 meter high

www.abovetopsecret.com...
A local state of emergency has been declared in a western Manitoba municipality after homes in Ochre Beach were destroyed and seriously damaged by a wave of lake ice.

Area officials told CBC News the wind pushed built-up ice off Dauphin Lake on Friday evening and caused it to pile up in the community, located on the lake's southern shore.

Now this sure make me glad I only have a small lake at the front of my place
and their not one single thing you can do and watch it happen

news.ca.msn.com...

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

www.theglobeandmail.com...

edit on 11-5-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I blame global warming/cooling/climate change/ CO2/cow farts/termites (they produce the most animal methane)/volcanoes/ocean algae bloom/charcoal barbies, etc.whatever.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You take a risk building houses near streams, lakes or rivers. Although the view is beautiful and breath taking, they're more prone to flooding and land erosion. Now they have to contend with ice flows! I'm sure most of these homeowners have flood insurance on their homes, but you have to wonder if the insurance companies will cover ice flow. To keep them from paying damages, they may label it as an act of God.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
We don't have season anymore, just weather.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Damn, that's freaky...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What it seems strange to me is that nobody is doing nothing other than filming and OMG-ing all the time. I mean, really? You see that thing coming toward your house, it's obvious that at some point it will push and do some damage and all you can do is filming? then go crying to the insurance company?
Some people are just hopeless. But hey, at least they got their video on the news

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
What it seems strange to me is that nobody is doing nothing other than filming and OMG-ing all the time.

What on earth do you expect them to do? This is literally tons of ice, coming ashore and striking these structures in a matter of a 1/2 hour or so.

You figure they should just start shoveling and hold it back that way?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Get to the rental store and rent a bobcat. Or rent some other earth moving machine, maybe a bulldozer.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
hope they get through this alright

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by adjensen

Get to the rental store and rent a bobcat. Or rent some other earth moving machine, maybe a bulldozer.

Oh, come on. Even if you could rent a skid steer or bulldozer and get it there in the 1/2 hour (or less, one report said it happened in 15 minutes) there's no way either one is going to stop an eight foot wall of ice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join