It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin requests human help, Video

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Video description: During a Manta ray night dive on January 11 2013 at Garden Eel Cove Hawaii a Bottlenose Dolphin approachs and signals with his problem fin that is wrapped in fishing line and a hook embeded in it, the Dolphin positions itself so the diver can help free the line and hook and just swims away. (little rude I thought
)

I guess the Dolphin didn`t say thank you because its us humans that pollute the oceans.Fair call Dolphin sorry dudes

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Thats beautiful gps777,

It speaks to me of the possibilities that the human race may be missing. Maybe it's long past time we do a lot less talking and a little more listening.

Thank you for sharing,

Penny

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It's insane how smart dolphins are. The dolphin realized that other animals and even it's own kind couldn't remove the hook. The Dolphin seeing and requesting help showed that dolphins are aware of mankind's intelligence.

S&F

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

The dolphin flapped its tail at the end; that's its way of saying goodbye and thank you, lol.

This put a smile on my face, so thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Maybe the dolphin was like, "Hey, I got your hook. You want this back?" And then he swims away.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This was sad and inspiring at the same time. We humans aren't the only species capable
of compassion, critical thinking, or empathy. This animal sought help from the same species
who harmed it. It would be like us going to a bear for help with a mauling...

anyway this was covered here in the past dolphin thread

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Cheers rival, better direct all traffic to that thread.

I would have edited the OP and linked to that thread, but now I`ve exceded the time limit.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

No worries mate...obviously some folks missed it the first time around. And it was a 'little bit of alright; there
eh? I hope I got the accent right...though I think I mixed up a couple of different countries

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I've never seen this before.
It is absolutely amazing.
The intelligence this dolphin displayed leaves me speechless.
I posted it on my FB page for my friends and family to see.
WOW! and Thank You for posting this.

~Linda

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Give dolphins hands and legs and we could be in trouble!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Thank goodness, it was some compassionate divers that this dolphin came across. Humans can be both caring and destructive. I'm glad this animal asked for help from the right ones.
edit on 12-5-2013 by StarsInDust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
For a second there I thought we would be witnessing a perfect lure to their rape cave, lucky escape there diver.

On a real, that was amazing. Animals intelligence is very underrated, thanks for sharing, brightened up my day

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Nice video.

Tear jerking.

Other animals will do this to. Once as a child one of the steers came from the back end of the lake about 1000 feet at the end of a wooded dell the farm house sat on and started to bellow during dinner.

One of the calves was trapped in the mud at the end of the lake.

They know who to call for help.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Animals are far more intelligent than we give them credit for. I had a lab that got hit by a car, when we stopped the our car at the vet, he jumped out The door opened as someone was leaving and he went through the door and straight back to the vet's office looking for the vet. He spent the night at the vet's and in time recovered. Sometimes, I think animals have more sense than humans!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
God bless the dolphins they are very smart, beautiful creatures that are mistreated especially in japan where they are killed for their meat. its time we help dolphins wherever they need help.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

You`ll like this one also grumpydaysleeper ( if you havn`t watched it before, glad to hear your lab is ok now )

A dolphin ( aka Doogie) comes to a habour daily and waits to follow the fishing trawler out, the local tavern owners Labrador also almost daily swims out in the middle of the habour to play with his mate.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
already

been

posted..

new topics

top topics

join