It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unity (agreement/harmony) versus Separation (disagreement/individuality) - need more individuality!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Understanding that we are "one" with the reality will not help people pay their bills or help support their families.

I disagree. Understanding that we are one, for some, creates an extreme awareness for the utter necessity of compassion. Compassion is the generator of understanding. Compassion reveals all understandings. With compassion, you learn of your self and of other selves intensely. This intense learning is the enabler. Not only do you learn ways to contribute to society (and therefore earn money), but you learn how to do it most effectively and efficiently. Your aptitude and ability to contribute is increased dramatically. This is, of course, the case with onoy one approach to unity. Its not so much the case for the other approach. However, the other approach hasits way of paying the bills too.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Realizing we are individuals and are separate would be just as counter productive by your logic here. Your saying realizing we are one will not help people "want" to contribute to society. So by your logic here if I realize i'm an individual and is separate from everyone else why should I care about anyone else?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I will offer this:

edit on 14-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join