It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Difference in Great Britain and the USA: Television

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Some Americans may be stupid but we built in 200 years what you couldn't in 2000......

After reading your post and noting your user name I can see that the art of irony hasn't escaped you.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Thousands of years of European civilisation reduced to nothing because you got a flag on the moon first....

It was well worth it though. At least the Germans didn't get there first right?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cahlmac

I hate feeding the troll, but it is worth pointing out to our learned American friend that the Mercury capsule (the first Human space flight by NASA) was designed by a chap born in Belize - a then British colony, not to mention that their rockets were all based on design and research carried out in Europe prior to and during WW2 and the company which designed and built the Apollo vehicle was owned by a Canadian...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

But all they see is the stars and stripes and the big ol' USA painted on the side!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cahlmac
reply to post by stumason

But all they see is the stars and stripes and the big ol' USA painted on the side!

Please don't turn this thread into a USA vs The World.

The US has its problems and its triumphs. But we need to remember, the US didn't do anything alone.

Our government was built on the shoulders of Great Britain. Yes, we broke away from their system, but we took a lot of their ideas with us.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

It's all good. Got a bit carried away when I saw an earlier comment and had to say something. Not trying to derail the thread.

But on-topic, Embarassing bodies is in my opinion the most horrible show on the telly. Can't watch it, but worse luck the missus loves it, well the bits where she's not hiding her face behind her hands screaming ooooh, that's horrible!

But if it's after 9pm, i don't really care what they show.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I detest the canned laughter that is nearly always on American comedy shows. Some of our ones are filmed in front of a live audience which is better. Also, if ratings are not so good on a show, it is stopped, end of in the US which we hardly ever do here. They might run it till the end of the season then stop it.
The last 6 shows I watched today are all made either in the US or Canada and are pretty good as well.
I also prefer if I can watch a full series one after the other and also record most programmes to miss out the adverts which are annoying to say the least.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join