It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people think the Freemasons have so much power when...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Think of the Masons as a franchise. They are not all run by one person, and operate independently under the same name. There are good Masons and bad the challenge is separating them.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucifer6
1792 with the election of the new pope all charges and investigations of heracy against the freemasons and illuminati stopped.

There are 22 papal encyclicals denouncing Freemasonry since that date.

Investigations of possible Illuminate masons spies within opius dae ceased.

I would think not investigating Masonic spies within Opus Dei in 1792 would have more to do with the fact that Opus Dei wouldn't exist until 1928.

Oppression from the church stopped.

A) Are you seriously claiming that Catholic condemnation of Freemasonry has not existed since 1792?
B) Are you seriously positing that the end of oppression is a bad thing?

In replace of church rule Masonic installed republics start popping up on the map like popcorn.

I guess I'm one of the crazy ones who thinks republican government is superior to theocracy.

Since then there have not been once span of 20 years where a us president, british prime minister or french president or prime minister was not a mason.

There have actually been two such streaks, including an active one of 36 years.

And almost every single pope, against papal law, have had engaging relationships with Free Masons.

Even if this is true, the ban on Freemasonry within the Catholic Church has stood, and was reinforced by the most current past Pope.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lucifer6

I'm not sure what to say as you have posted some incorrect information:

ALL LODGES ARE THE FOOT SOLDIERS OF THE LODGES WHOSE INITIATES HAVE UNDERGONE THE SCOTTISH AND YORK RITES OF INITIATION. COMPARTMENTALIZATION.

1) No Lodges is superior in nature over another just because a Lodge may have members who have gone into appendant bodies. That's not how it works.

2) The York Rite and Scottish Rite are not superior to the Lodges. The 3rd degree, the Master Mason, is the highest degree in Freemasonry. While you must be a Master Mason to join these bodies expand upon the lessons and stories of the Master Mason, but are in a sense subordinate to Craft Masonry, the Blue Lodge.

3) To go along with #2, one's titles and honors attained in the appendant bodies means very little in other bodies nor do said titles and honors give one additional rank or preferment in the Lodge.

4) Is there some compartmentalization? Sure, but not in the manner in which you speak, but I will speak of this below

The lower downs have no idea what the upper ups have planned they just know to collect money, keep THEIR ORDER, and gloat to the bosses how good everything is going and...

And how do you know this? By your very logic, you yourself wouldn't know either. Plus, yes we do know where our collected monies goes and for what purposes. Also the decisions of the "upper" level must be approved by the members. All bodies of Freemasonry are governed by Rules, Regulations, Constitutions, and Laws that must be approved by the voting membership of that body. There are no "superiori incogniti" who make decisions that effect "lower levels" without justification and within the limits of their office.

Plus, Freemasonry is far too decentralized for their to be some "inner core" that plays the role of puppet master.

In 1776 Amshel Rothschild commissioned the marriage between the Illuminati and the free masons, in that meetin it was said that the conspiracy being woven is so well thought out that it will be impossible for the British as well as the french Monarchy and the Church to escape.

Actually he didn't and this is just a wild speculation. There exists nothing of substance to prove it. Plus, the actual date when Freemasonry was said to have been infiltrated was in 1782 during the Congress of Wilhelmsbad. Conspiracy theorists state that this meeting was held on Rothschild property and that the Illuminati was in attendance. Facts show though that the meeting was held on the property of William IX, not the Rothschild. The Bavarian Order was in attendance, but their ideals were not adopted, but the landmark of this meeting was the dissolution of the Rite of Strict Observance, the rejection of claims of Templar-Masonic lineage, and the rise of the Rectified Scottish Rite.

...1786 you have the masonic slaughter of the french monarchy...

Many French aristocrats were Freemasons.

Oppression from the church stopped.

Actually it didn't. It just stopped in some areas where freedom and liberty were prominent.

In replace of church rule Masonic installed republics start popping up on the map like popcorn.

God forbid we let the People rule and have a voice. I would say that the rise of Republicanism is due to the Era of Enlightenment and Reason and not necessarily solely caused by Freemasonry. Freemasonry does espouse liberty and freedom, and to warn against tyranny, fanaticism, and ignorance.

Since then there have not been once span of 20 years where a us president, british prime minister or french president or prime minister was not a mason.

In regards to the US Presidency, only 14 Presidents were Masons (LBJ only went through the 1st degree and did not progress). Plus, who cares? Are Masons not allowed to enter into public office? Are we not citizens entitled to the same privileges? There is nothing in Freemasonry that would prevent us from performing our duties with honor and integrity.

And almost every single pope, against papal law, have had engaging relationships with Free Masons.

Can we have some quotes? Plus, you are incorrect as Popes have continued to denounce Freemasonry since 1792 so you are way off base.

reply to post by Yakwise

Except the bad apples are a minute, tiny fraction.
edit on 23-5-2013 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You sound like someone with a personal vendetta. Were you refused admission? How on earth would you know so many so-called "facts" if you weren't "in the loop"? You wouldn't, and reading speculative "articles" on the internet by so-called "former Masons" isn't going to give you facts either.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

In 1776 Amshel Rothschild commissioned the marriage between the Illuminati and the free masons,
When he was three years old? I'm impressed!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Josh, never let facts get in the way of a fantastic story.

You should know better by now.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yakwise
Think of the Masons as a franchise. They are not all run by one person, and operate independently under the same name. There are good Masons and bad the challenge is separating them.

You have this partially correct - the first part is a good analogy - each lodge is run locally by officers who are elected from the rank-and-file. They carry on their work independently, but under the umbrella of Grand Lodge of that jurisdiction (whose officers are also elected). There is no "Uber-leader" who commands all of the lodges, and any hint that there might be is simply untrue.

But the last part is somewhat misleading.

There should be no problem separating the good Masons from the bad, because the bad generally aren't Masons. There's a pretty vigorous screening before being accepted for initiation, and people have been known to be "blackballed" or excluded from membership. Sure, every so often, an investigation team misses something and someone gets accepted who shouldn't have been, but they're generally quickly found out and their membership revoked. If a Mason "goes bad", crosses the line and is convicted of something criminal, he's quickly ejected from the Fraternity, and so is not a Mason, and never will be again.
edit on 23-5-2013 by IslandMason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Getting factual:
Is there any scientific evidence for mason ahd rosecrucians claims on exchange of energy and spirits?, in particular with regard to star Sirius?
What is the purpose of keeping building new pyramids and obelisks nowadays?

Thanks

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alagrange
Getting factual:
Is there any scientific evidence for mason ahd rosecrucians claims on exchange of energy and spirits?, in particular with regard to star Sirius?

I've never heard this claimed in Freemasonry. I can't speak for the Rosicrucians.

The same purpose(s) for building old ones: they look nice.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by alagrange
Getting factual:

Thanks

Getting real: Did you post this on every thread?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

In 1776 Amshel Rothschild commissioned the marriage between the Illuminati and the free masons,
When he was three years old? I'm impressed!

The man was born in 1946

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

1946?! So he ordered the "inflitration" 170-years before his birth? Now I'm guessing you were meaning 1746, but you are still incorrect as Amschel Rothschild was born on 12 June 1773. His father was Mayer Amschel Rothschild who was born on 23 February 1744, if that's what you mean.

I already pointed out the irregularities of your "infiltration" theory.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Well I meant 1746 lmao.
edit on 25-5-2013 by lucifer6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

Would it not suit them more to have falling numbers? Concentration of power and wealth? Secrets being shared between fewer people?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EA006

Would it not suit them more to have falling numbers? Concentration of power and wealth? Secrets being shared between fewer people?

No. The Freemasons don't have any wealth to concentrate. Most masonic lodges can't even pay their monthly expenses without resorting to fundraisers. And to suggest this group, which consists mostly of retired geezers with nothing better to do, somehow is powerful is just not realistic. And the secrets are available to anyone with an internet connection. Nobody has to join to get them.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

a) No
b) Masonry's real power and wealth is at its most valuable when given away freely.
c) Secrets shared between fewer and fewer people usually end up as secrets lost in due time

Fitz

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelonious2

No. The Freemasons don't have any wealth to concentrate. Most masonic lodges can't even pay their monthly expenses without resorting to fundraisers. And to suggest this group, which consists mostly of retired geezers with nothing better to do, somehow is powerful is just not realistic. And the secrets are available to anyone with an internet connection. Nobody has to join to get them.

Says the pretend Mason.

The only assertions that are remotely correct are the last two. The secrets can be found as long as you have a good internal BS filter (because there are an awful lot of non-Masons and/or people with an anti-Masonic agenda that 'reveal' Masonic 'secrets' to ensnare the unwary. And no, nobody has to join to get them but to truly appreciate them and be able to make them their most useful, membership is required.

Fitz

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelonious2
And to suggest this group, which consists mostly of retired geezers with nothing better to do...

Does not sound like my lodge at all. About 75-80% of the candidates are in their early twenties and we have nearly a year backlog of degrees to confer.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The Freemason's are only one branch of many secret orders. One thing they do have in common is ancient mysticism. Call it what you will, "Mystery religion" "ancient knowledge" whatever...some even say it's Kabbalah.

But in any case, I think it's ignorant to simply say "I know a Freemason...he's a good guy...therefore Freemasons are alright in my book."

I'm sure if we met people in Nazi Germany, there would have been plenty of nice people.

I think the reason why we THINK they yield so much power is because of the lure we've created of them in our society. The conspiracy world that even ATS is a part of is partly responsible...however, I also think that whoever the higher up elite are, those who really have their hands on the reigns, they don't necessarily care if the Freemasons are the one's in charge.

I mean think about entertainment media? We've all seen the photos and the symbols and stuff that go on at Madonna concerts, Olympic opening ceremony etc etc etc...those are literally mystery religion rituals being done in public. Great number of people are being initiated unknowingly by the symbolic gestures and images we watch on television every single day.

The ideals have remained, but the methods have changed. The goal has always been to bring back the "golden era of mankind." But at what cost? According to TPTB, the lives of billions for the sake of a few.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun
Great number of people are being initiated unknowingly by the symbolic gestures and images we watch on television every single day.

To what purpose?

<< 1    3 >>

join