It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REALD ID and you, er me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Yep My State UT, USA went REAL ID and will tell you what i wet through , it is not the Horror story but of in and out, for I had known this was coming Birth Cert re Issued just for this, SS card not in plastic, nor mettle, 3 bills with name and address not opened , and did not have to present, and also with Current DL not expired , also made a on line appointment 2 weeks before and the day 4 days before day of expiration of DL with pre filed out forms printed via State web site now what was the big deal?? Having to do all this when it was just, show up, fill out form, and your done!! no running here and there, have to wait to open mail, getting on the web, going down to hall of records to get a GOV cert birth Cert for DL or ID.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Uhh..

what?

I honestly could not get any of that.. Oo

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

They are sneaking it in under the radar - It will be a national ID FOR EVERYBODY (not just workers) and not just on a state level.

ID Card for Workers Is at Center of Immigration Plan

Lawmakers working to craft a new comprehensive immigration bill have settled on a way to prevent employers from hiring illegal immigrants: a national biometric identification card all American workers would eventually be required to obtain.

Lawmakers working to craft a new comprehensive immigration bill are proposing a new national biometric ID card that would be required of all U.S. workers. WSJ's Laura Meckler explains the proposal and the objections from privacy advocates.

Under the potentially controversial plan still taking shape in the Senate, all legal U.S. workers, including citizens and immigrants, would be issued an ID card with embedded information, such as fingerprints, to tie the card to the worker.

The ID card plan is one of several steps advocates of an immigration overhaul are taking to address concerns that have defeated similar bills in the past.

The uphill effort to pass a bill is being led by Sens. Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) and Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.), who plan to meet with President Barack Obama as soon as this week to update him on their work. An administration official said the White House had no position on the biometric card.

edit on 10-5-2013 by POXUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
ATS has another thread on it here as well.........Ron Paul says Gang of 8 Sneaking National ID Card in Immigration Reform, page 1
edit on 10-5-2013 by POXUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
How convenient. I hear automated slaughterhouses are quite convenient as well...

...at least that's what the sheep say

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Down here in Florida I had to have the birth certificate, ss card not in plastic, and my current DL prior to it expiring. The girl told me they keep all the documents they scanned in and I would not ever need them in the future for a DL. I didn't ask, but I am wondering if they have the scanned docs encoded on the DL itself? It has the official gold star like a good little school kid gets for doing it right.

I really don't know why they need this stuff. It is not like they don't already exist on the governments computers. After all, all the documents are government issued in the first place! Of course, it was all probably in a bill they never read before passing the Real ID Act. The government is proving all the time how inept the lawmakers really are.

edit on 10/5/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
One other thing about this. If the docs are actually put on the ID, it will make identity theft much easier by just stealing someone's DL. With those required docs anyone can establish credit, access bank accounts, etc. Maybe that is so the can give bank account holders a haircut a la Cyprus style.

edit on 10/5/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Yep, had to do the same. I had to send away for my marriage license as part of my information. They wouldn't accept my divorce decree. Birth cert, ss card, recent mail, previous ID.

I was able to get my license (New issue Florida) renewed after it (Virginia license) had lapsed 8 years ago without a hassle or test other than eye exam. In and out. From getting my last ID (Oregon ID) I simply needed my birth cert, ss card and mail. The only extra item was the marriage license to keep a line of name changes.

Most of these documents people should have already. As far as needing all of this for an ID, not so sure it's really necessary. I'd think that the Social Security number was enough as it was connected to all these things as is.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I agree totally!I admit I followed to some degree,yet I find a point to this lacking.Maybe the frustration of red tape got to them.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

UT, ID, SS, DL, Gov,

???? Acronym overload????

I am guessing this is a thread about your local state wanting to introduce some kind of Identification care scheme but other than that I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by bekod

UT, ID, SS, DL, Gov,

???? Acronym overload????

I am guessing this is a thread about your local state wanting to introduce some kind of Identification care scheme but other than that I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.
yes it is, if your in the US short the United States, you get used to it and forget others do not know what your talking about, so here is the long version of what all this "UT, ID, SS, DL, Gov," means UT short for the state of Utah ID , short for Identification card SS that is Social Security a number your give at birth or when you become a US citizen DL that is a Driver License a card that is giving to you to operate a motor vehicle for privet use Gov short for Government i hope that does help take the confusion out of all this be that full this thread is not about getting a Business license your head would implode.

speaking of , got my new DL today and it is the same card as last year!!! no star or fancy emblem , wonder if that means i am not a US citizen but a State citizen that can not go into to the US Gov Building to file my SSI? [oh that's short for Supplemental Social Security,] do not ask why that is, my head would implode. That is what the Gov does to you when it comes to understanding them.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My AZ DL is good until my 65th BDay, So I'm guessing I don't have to worry about this for 20+ years.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join