It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most beautiful/memorable song ever,from a movie-what is your choice?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Lord of the Rings, the lighting of the beacons.

Fast forward to about 55 seconds in.

Youtube: Lighting of the Beacons

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

I'll proudly show my 80's too. As a James Bond fan, I was taken to see For Your Eyes Only when eight years old. I can still remember how badly I wanted to be able to sing like Sheena Eason.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I don't know why, but the instrumental My Heart Will Go On, during the scene in Titanic, when they are showing all of the photos of the things Rose went on to do after the event...that always gets me. I have no idea why. Chokes me up every time.

I know that movie gets a lot of flack, but for me, it was a great combination of great acting, story-telling, effects, score, just everything. It was a well-crafted movie, and you could tell that every ounce of Cameron's heart went into making it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Excellent! Nothing like a good James Bond intro to get my nostalgia going. I wish I could get every Bond intro stitched together on bluray. Adele did a great job with the last one. Gave me the same feeling from the 80's bond movies. Now, if we could only get Roger Moore again, lol.

edit on 10-5-2013 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

I grew up with Sir Roger Moore as Bond, but I have to say I like Brosnan better. Even back when he was on Remington Steele, I always thought he'd be a good Bond, and his stint proved it. I do like the comedy aspect with Moore though, and I desperately miss his Q.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well, I may date myself, but alas. I always loved musicals, though I found certain themes lovely, such as from 2010 A Space Odyssey. The following have stayed with me all my life.

In this video, the gentleman with Jesus and Mary, played by Yvonne Elleman, is Judas. I think they did a wonderful job conveying the unspoken words between Judas and Jesus, especially the part about being sorry when he is gone. Of course, Yvonne Elliman has a fabulous voice. All of the singers in this movie were incredible, but she came out as my favorite, she was perfect in the role.

These two brought two meanings to me. I was young when this came out. I owned it on VHS, and CD, and then DVD, and now Blu Ray. Every time I watch it, it brings deeper meaning to my life. Even as a young girl, less than 10 years old, I got a lot of understanding out of this film. The original has always been my favorite.

I get a duplicitous meaning from I Don't know how to love him, in the lyrics when she says ,"in these past few days, when I've seen myself, I seem like someone else..." I always took it both the way it was meant for the Biblical aspect, for the movie, but the way she sings it and the emotion she gave to it, it felt deeper to me. That perhaps the movie reached something within her during the filming. I have carried that opinion all my life as well. This song has duplicitous meanings to me, as well.

The last one, especially, we sang in chrorus when I was in 6th grade. We did a concert at the mall. It always meant something to me, because even as a young girl, I got the generational meaning of it. As I grew up, I saw it in myself, then as my children grew up, I saw it in them. They turn 29 and 30 this year, and I have grandchildren. Soon, they will be having children, and my sunset, just like my mother and father, will be upon me. Time passes just like the seasons, each sunrise and sunset leading to another year. It brings tears to my eyes.

edit on 10-5-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
From Last of the Mohicans

From A Walk To Remember

edit on 10-5-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Is it me? I am missing the song here...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
From the movie "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"
The Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Well, it's an instrumental piece called The Kiss. The background music on the soundtrack (Last of the Mohicans).

I just think the music is beautiful and this scene is profound.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Many songs from many movies, but perhaps this one the most. It was the first "video" I ever bought a long time ago...
movie is Far & Away - song is by Enya, Book of Days

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm a long-time reader who just had to make an account to reply to this post!

My choice would be "Love to Love" by Zwan in the film Spun. A very methed-out Jason Schwartzman is waiting for his ex in a park, when she arrives the solo kicks in and everything on screen but her freezes, it's a very powerful combination.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I agree, Hathaways performance was amazing! Pure talent was shown there!

I also love don't rain on my parade, by Barbra Streisand. Big emotional songs, love it!

edit on 10-5-2013 by Duckling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Well, it's an instrumental piece called The Kiss. The background music on the soundtrack (Last of the Mohicans).

Ah, gotcha. I can probably not hear it on my phone. Most videos have very low volume on my phone anyway, so if is low volume, that is probably why. I will have to check it out on my pc later. Bedtime now.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Here's another one I love:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Wow, there are some great picks here but my all time favorite has to be

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't know about beautiful, but "Smugglers Blues" qualifies as memorable. Due to copyright issues though I can't post it. This was a close second from The Warriors

edit on 10-5-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

OK, fine......I'll complete the post.

edit on 10-5-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Among my favorites are:

Underground - David Bowie from Labyrinth

Storybook Love - Mark Knopfler from The Princess Bride

Moon River - Andy Williams from Breakfast at Tiffany's

But for me, the hands down winner has to be,

Evergreen - Barbara Steisand from A Star is Born

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

exit music(from a film) by Radiohead one of my favorites

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

That is one of my favorite movies ever
here's the original from the Scottish folk
band/composer
Dougie McLean
edit on 10-5-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join