It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran unveils new "stealth" attack drone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

All I see here is fun being made of the drones design. Like a bunch of apple fans mocking a "lesser" design.

I bet if it works the way it was intended to, all the comedians on this thread would be whining about how evil Iran is and how they want to "wipe Israel off the map" etc.

edit on 10-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

So this thread is about Iran drone tech and you bring up Israel.
Truth be told I kinda feel sorry for them with all the money and time they are sticking into this tech what is coming out the rear end is kind of laughable.

They are about as credible as NK. They should just give up and let the Russian make them something because then it will work.
edit on 10-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I do not know much about planes but the Catalina never looked like much in WW2 but she played her part and helped sink the Bismarck.

This does look kind of stupid though and reeks of propaganda... how high in altitude can it get to not be visible, I highly doubt it's high enough.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Ah, but look how long it took China (a world leader at reverse engineering) and Russia to come out with something from the pieces of F-117 they got to look at back in 1999 or so. Both are just now test flying their first generation stealth aircraft. Granted China has a number of them coming out that they're working on, but it's been well over a decade and they just now started building them.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I think this one is Epic.

in the picture below, we can see an Air Corridor passing from Syria, Jordan and Iraq. Israel is at the left end and Iran is at the right end of this Corridor.
this map shows that why Israel is so insisting on capturing south part of Syria by rebels (which is part of this Corridor) and again this map shows that Why Iran is after drones which can fly over 6000 km without refueling. recently Israel tested that part of Corridor but Syria downed the Israeli fighter. however it is so long time that Israel has been using that Corridor but it is not that safe that it expects.

edit on 10-5-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Wow,.
I thought it was gonna be a ninja with a hang glider

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2
recently Israel tested that part of Corridor but Syria downed the Israeli fighter. however it is so long time that Israel has been using that Corridor but it is not that safe that it expects.

They did? The only sources that I've found that mention anything about Syria getting an Israeli fighter are two...less than reliable ones. You would think that the Syrian government would have mentioned it at some point, considering that the Israeli Air Force has made their air defense system look like a joke two or three times now.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Originally posted by maes2
recently Israel tested that part of Corridor but Syria downed the Israeli fighter. however it is so long time that Israel has been using that Corridor but it is not that safe that it expects.

They did? The only sources that I've found that mention anything about Syria getting an Israeli fighter are two...less than reliable ones. You would think that the Syrian government would have mentioned it at some point, considering that the Israeli Air Force has made their air defense system look like a joke two or three times now.

You would have believed it if Assad mentioned it? I don't think so.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

So this thread is about Iran drone tech and you bring up Israel. Truth be told I kinda feel sorry for them with all the money and time they are sticking into this tech what is coming out the rear end is kind of laughable.
I'm bringing up Israel for obvious reasons.

My point is...if Irans drones are to be laughed off as a joke then their nuclear program should be laughed off as well.... not constantly portrayed in western media as a dangerous and a threat to Israel.

They are about as credible as NK. They should just give up

If only the leaders raising alarm bells over Irans nuclear program thought this way.

"Iran is as credible as NK"

"Yes, you're right...they pose no real danger, so theres no reason to point fingers at their nuke program"

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Ah, but look how long it took China (a world leader at reverse engineering) and Russia to come out with something from the pieces of F-117 they got to look at back in 1999 or so. Both are just now test flying their first generation stealth aircraft. Granted China has a number of them coming out that they're working on, but it's been well over a decade and they just now started building them.

True but...

What you cant deny zaph is that China is, right now, as experts say, probably ahead of the US when it comes to uav warfare - lastest stuff I read they were really ahead of what was expected when it comes to using uavs in actual combat - expecting losses and using them in swarms and whatnot - some crazy stuff they're testing there.

When it comes to actual piloted aircraft tho, I think that probably russia has more in store than what they show... but damn I loved that su-47 its so cool that nato had to call it "Firkin" as in "Firkin awesome"

(ok ok and theres the pak fa... BUT nothing beats the cool factor of the su-47...)
edit on 10-5-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

My point is...if Irans drones are to be laughed off as a joke then their nuclear program should be laughed off as well.... not constantly portrayed in western media as a dangerous and a threat to Israel.

I don't think Israel has much to do about anything on Iran's drones. It's a long loooong way to go from one border to another, using a drone to get there. Missiles? That may be another matter...but not the topic anyway.

I don't usually take Iran lightly, as I'd mentioned before on the thread, because they aren't buffoons by any means ...normally. Every rule has it's exception I suppose. (Or two..or three..lol) In Iran though? Yeah... They produce something like this and say it's chief benefit is stealth. They even keep a straight face. I respect that far more than what is on that trailer, to be sure.

At the same time, they have successfully launched into space and both launched and recovered a living thing that way. It means it wasn't just a "fire it that way!" and see what happens. They're advanced in those areas they choose to expend effort and resources in any serious way. After all, this isn't Iraq. They're a nation of 70+ Million people, represent one of the oldest continuous cultures (Persia) in the region overall and are no slouches in any way for domestic production of a little of everything. Including University educations.

They just produce some real goofy ideas occasionally. Even the "flying boats" have a logical purpose (Operating in a mine infested strait that no one else can, would be nice, eh?)...but this? Someone ought to be fired for calling that Stealth, IMO.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Missiles? That may be another matter...but not the topic anyway.

Its still related to Iran's weapons capabilities.
Don't you think Iranian missiles or even their nuclear program would also be stupid pieces of junk... like this stupid drone that everybody's laughing at?

If the Iranians are too stupid to come up with a decent drone, then they definitely won't be able to come up with anything decent to use in a war. So its established that Iran is NOT a threat to regional peace.

So, only the countries with the more advanced, hi-tech, super-duper weapons are threats to peace.
Iran with its laughable drones and missiles would be somewhere at the bottom of the list. Israel and the US would be in the top 5.

edit on 11-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, of course. I think it's pretty far from the truth to suggest the entire nation and development potential of Iran is represented in that bad idea of a drone. After all, is the United States pathetic, weak and laughable in war related technology? Well.... I'd wonder about someone's awareness of world events and military technology in general if they said yes. ...and yet?

Every nation has it's REALLY dumb ideas. No doubt. (and I really did look up each of those, separately, before sharing the Youtube. Each of them really existed and really was a funded project).

I'll say Iran is entitled to a few laughably stupid ideas too, without condemning the whole nation as bumbling idiots and perfectly harmless.
(Gotta love the last one in the video...I recall reading about that in far different settings. Dumb ideas don't even touch some of it, indeed)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I would find it a lot more credible if there were sources other than Godlikeproductions and an anti-Israel blog. As for if I would have believed it or not, how do you know what I would believe or not?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

China is ahead of the US in the sense that, as you say, they're using swarms and expecting to lose them. But they're using the Soviet doctrine of quantity over quality, while the US went the other way and goes for quality over quantity. The US has a few surprises up their sleeve when it comes to UAV warfare that will surprise people if they ever come out into the white world.

I agree the Su-47 is impressive. It would be more impressive if anyone had actually bought it and they put it into production, instead of it being one or two aircraft as a technology demonstrator.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

well regarding my sentence that Syria downed Israeli fighter, I can not find any reliable source but I am sure Syria regime has cleared a strategic point in south called Khirbet Ghazaleh. which is important for the air corridor as well.
news.yahoo.com...
news.yahoo.com...
this corridor and that city is important for Iran so that it highlighted it as a breaking news.
www.presstv.ir...
but there is a problem. if any drone war takes place between Iran and Israel, then Iran should be so sure that their drones are so accurate to distinguish between an Israeli drone and USA's drone ! USA's drones are everywhere in the middle east and they already have tensions over drones with Iran !!
however Israel mostly uses it's F15 fighters. I think they can fly about 5000 km without refueling !!!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Not nearly as far in a combat configuration, but close to that in ferry configuration. Combat radius on an F-15 is 1967 km for an interdiction mission, and IIRC it's close to that with a bomb loadout.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
lol, I dont see how this is stealth. Wany to many protruding angles, this thing would get picked up on radar, using old ww 2 radar stations.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
That looks like the dump I took last night and let me tell you it was epic. Lol

anyways how long till Iran starts using drones the way USA does and just says the reason they did was that the person killed was a terrorist against Iran?????

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Maybe it's air to air missile launcher is a catapult?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by timewarpedbrain7

You know, that thought has crossed my mind a couple times. Eventually, other nations will develop drones with the range, ability and stealthiness to operate over our people or our allies. I DO wonder how we'll react to the same arguments being used against us as we use against other nations now? Drones are flying over so many in that part of the world, simply saying it's war is absurd by sheer number eh?

The future is bound to be an interesting place. They sure won't always be simplistic, like that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join