It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran unveils new "stealth" attack drone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I found that article early on. The RQ-170 is frequently misidentified by lazy journalists. Instead of doing their job, they grab the first plane they can find and slap it in the article and misidentify it.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by dragonridr

I found that article early on. The RQ-170 is frequently misidentified by lazy journalists. Instead of doing their job, they grab the first plane they can find and slap it in the article and misidentify it.

Yeah which often proves the point we cant believe a thing our media tells us any more sad as it is.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I understand people poking fun at something that doesn't fit our idea of modern warfare, but a trend of the future is the big showy stuff being replaced with equally capable smaller machines. A swarm of micro drones will soon be the favored alternative.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

micro drones like this? quite showy. scary actually.

edit on 5/10/2013 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

Cool stuff, haven't seen that.

Yeah they are pretty showy....if you know they are even there.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
They could have thought of a less corny name.

Yugo now comes with airbags. When crashing, blow in tube to deploy.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Buster,

I do understand where youre coming from but thats the same as if a new car company shows up on the market and their first car is crap and your reaction is "well thats pretty good actually, when Ford started, their model t was worse".

Yea... well... with the tech from 100 years ago that thing was awesome actually, it doesnt mean that every time we build a car we start from zero so we expect new tech to improve on current tech, not to present us with some rc version of a plane older than von richstoffen's... especially when they have captured recent us uav tech.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

All I see here is fun being made of the drones design. Like a bunch of apple fans mocking a "lesser" design.

I bet if it works the way it was intended to, all the comedians on this thread would be whining about how evil Iran is and how they want to "wipe Israel off the map" etc.

edit on 10-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Also, if Iran develops crappy drones, then there's also good chance that they would also develop crappy nukes. So why isn't the world making fun of Irans nuclear program?

I guess Iranian drones = Funny
Iranian nuclear program = Not so funny, threat to peace etc.

edit on 10-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Yea... well... with the tech from 100 years ago that thing was awesome actually, it doesnt mean that every time we build a car we start from zero so we expect new tech to improve on current tech, not to present us with some rc version of a plane older than von richstoffen's... especially when they have captured recent us uav tech.

Just because you have someones tech doesn't mean you are able to recreate that tech.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wow they capture this from the US

And turn it in to this

this is reverse engineering in iran who runs there weapons programs the wright brothers???

edit on 5/9/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)
Actuallyi was thinking along the lines of The Marx Brothers!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well, at least the US has nothing to fear from being bombed by this Iranian drone:
Because unlike US drone smashed Pakistan
the US is NOT Iran's ally

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
One thing I want to point out is the fact this drone has writing in english all over it, would'nt it be in persian?
I'm calling this thing a propaganda piece, it probably does'nt even fly, although thats just my opinion.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by Zaphod58

well i guess your argument is with abc news heres the article i grabed the picture off of.

abc news
edit on 5/9/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

Yes the 170 is a flying wing. The leading edges look to be much rounder than in the ABC picture anyway, but that could be just illusory.

edit on 10-5-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

You do know the drone ABC pictured has a TAIL apparently in that picture right? So how does the one we have have not have a tail? This explains a whole lot of youtube videos to me.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Because the one that was pictured is a French made UAV, not the RQ-170, no matter what ABC says.

The RQ-170 is a tailless design, the AVE-D is tailed, but is not currently in service anywhere. It was a test article, but apparently no one was interested, so they never put it into production.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by smurfy

You do know the drone ABC pictured has a TAIL apparently in that picture right? So how does the one we have have not have a tail? This explains a whole lot of youtube videos to me.

That's why I posted the picture, that's why I said flying wing, because that's what the 170 picture I posted is.
The ABC one is a different beast.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
As the old saying goes,'It is not how big it is or how slick it looks,It is how useful it is"...And besides ,Iran is just taking the prime steps towards a very long way and it has been sanctioned and sabotaged for decades and kept purposely under developed for centuries.....So although their gadgets are not as sophisticated as the US's (yet),I'll have to give them

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Just because you have someones tech doesn't mean you are able to recreate that tech.

mate... seriously... Iran has world class brains, funds and access to anything they want. Of course thats the way it works.

This rc ww1 plane is nothing but a joke.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Clearly propaganda. They have the money to develop better tech.
I am sure they are working on it, but right now they are just throwing aomething out there so their people will think they are doing something to combat Western aggression.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join