It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Sad Truth.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by tetra50
Of course, I can watch that play of light, have all my life, and I do "get it....." but sometimes rather than bright, it only seems heartless......sorry, that was the moroseness taking over for me last night.

It appears heartless when the thoughts speak and the thoughts are bought into.
The light is appearing presently - it can appear as thoughts that speak of other than this.
Is there anything wrong with right now........................unless you start thinking?

It may be that you are speaking way over my head. But as for a surface reply to your last question: There is plenty wrong, right now, for me, and this, of course, is the only person I can speak for. And I prefer thinking, to not...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Of course, I can watch that play of light, have all my life, and I do "get it....." but sometimes rather than bright, it only seems heartless......sorry, that was the moroseness taking over for me last night.

It appears heartless when the thoughts speak and the thoughts are bought into.
The light is appearing presently - it can appear as thoughts that speak of other than this.
Is there anything wrong with right now........................unless you start thinking?

It may be that you are speaking way over my head. But as for a surface reply to your last question: There is plenty wrong, right now, for me, and this, of course, is the only person I can speak for. And I prefer thinking, to not...

The realization of presence is the absence of the story of me. Me will always find a problem, will always want different (other) than what is - the me cannot just be.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by tetra50

You find this "absurd," and "thankfully, funny?" And you portray yourself as a Christian? I have found much profound in things you have written in the past. You have totally lost me here. Not that it matters in any way. I have a sense of humor about myself, quite a bit. But an appetite for destruction for others in the world, and for ourselves, and your portrayal of this, totally blows me away. Good luck with that. Glad you find this humorous, for at least you will laugh while others are in pain.

When I read the OP I said to myself, "Watch how NAM transforms this into something religious," and he didn't fail me. What he, and all other religious people, completely refuses to acknowledge is the natural limits of what the human animal is capable of. We simply aren't designed to pour out and live in 'love' every minute of every day of our entire lives. We're just not built that way.

If there is any animal capable of this it's the family dog. No matter how many times the owner leaves the house, his dog will always be ready to greet him with tail-wagging joy. The dog can do this all of it's life because it is designed to. But, WE CAN'T. It's not that we fail at this. It's not a flaw. It's just the way we naturally are.

The human BEING is capable of extraordinary things Pops, and there is always HOPE for a better world where we ourselves must be the very change we seek in others by loving self as we are loved and then loving neighbor as self. Christianity doesn't have a monopoly on this concept either, but expresses it as a philosophy exceptionally well.

I am not saying that it's always 110% love love love every day and minute of our lives and I don't think that's what Jesus was looking for, but we can all certainly do much better in the brotherly love department, and in exercising an attitude of hope and optimism over cynical ..crotchetyness..

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried.

~ Gilbert K. Chesterton

edit on 10-5-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The human BEING is capable of extraordinary things Pops, and there is always HOPE for a better world where we ourselves must be the very change we seek

It was great up to here, Nam. Yes, the human is capable of extraordinary things within the range of being human. I've heard of people picking up a ton of weight to save a child; which has something to do with adrenaline and not gobbeldygook magic.

Yes, there is hope for a better world, but it needs to come from laws and the extermination of men with dangerous ideas and ideals. Love won't cure the insane, the greedy, the self-serving. If we become the very thing that we seek, then those that do not seek it WILL destroy us!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We're either part of the solution or part of the problem.

What I see Jesus' being concerned with, as a genius, was the quintessential turning point, the threshold, the fulcrum of transformation for the human being both for himself and as he relates to others and the world at large, at all levels, yet not without any loss of character, personality or charm (as differentiated from Buddhist thought, which can become nihilistic when taken to the extreme ie: "what does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his own soul?").

It's to enter the fray with one's entire being even with the capacity to fully love as he is loved.

It's not a novel idea, but simply too few have actually tried it.

That's funny!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Maybe I owe you something of an apology, NAM.

The human BEING is capable of extraordinary things Pops, and there is always HOPE for a better world where we ourselves must be the very change we seek in others by loving self as we are loved and then loving neighbor as self. Christianity doesn't have a monopoly on this concept either, but expresses it as a philosophy exceptionally well.

I am not saying that it's always 110% love love love every day and minute of our lives and I don't think that's what Jesus was looking for, but we can all certainly do much better in the brotherly love department, and in exercising an attitude of hope and optimism over cynical ..crotchetyness..

I didn't perceive this as the intent or content of your OP, initially. Now I understand a little better, anc certainly concur with your optimistic, and I believe, true and genuine recognition of our capacities as human beings....so no matter what times we are in, there is still hope for us, and therefore, all life.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

No worries, it's all good and all is well that ends well and begins anew, well.

It's like there are two worlds, one of pure harmony and wellness, happiness, joyful life, and the other just a pile of crap and a bunch of nonsense.

We do what we can, and can only take responsibility for ourselves and how we are, and then at some point we have to leave behind the dead to bury their dead, so to speak.

Funny how so little has changed after all this time..

What has come I think is the time to choose. Good on you, for choosing life.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

And good on you, as well, to challenge our perspectives in a different way, and helping us know where we are and that time it may be. Take care and be well.
Tetra50

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Thanks. And to actively choose anything less or to reduce the human being to an animal with the lowest of expectations as if being hurtful is the common denominator and par for the course, well, talk about absurd!

If not now then when, and if not us, then who?

"You are the salt of the earth. You are the light of the world!"

When was it that the stature of the human being was relegated to that of vermin that crawl upon the ground?

Do you see the humorous factor now, looking back, from the POV of the ideal context?

And even now, to this day, in this day and age, there are people who will actively argue FOR that common denominator as the "way it is", and they'll go toe to toe with the idealist/optimist steadfast in their determination to argue their position as if possessed by the devil himself, so it's both very sad, at one level and very VERY funny at another.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Yes, NAM, I completely "grocking" you now. Sorry for all earlier confusion. But my questioning you also put the stress upon you to ellucidate it so well and so completely.....
so, I'll claim the slightest part of being behind the greatness of your thinking. Just a joke.

Yes, it is a the paradox of the paradigm we now live in,, where we are also convinced that everything is based upon the duality, dichotmous nature, paradoxical situation which convinces there are really only two ways of seeing everything. It is frequently used also as a way of alienating us from one another, this idea of two sides and one must necessarily be chosen....
when really, this isn't the way it is at all.
Tetra

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I there there is a choice facing us however between life as it is and as it was intended to be lived, and the false idolatry and self-contracted self obsession of modern man mired in his pathetic clod of complaints and grievances who would rather bemoan the sins of the world and complain about his neighbors than take on full responsibility for his own state of mind and being. One direction takes us on a path of growth, the other, a degeneration, one to happiness the other, sorrow and apathy. This fundamental choice is always before us and there's no avoiding it, not even by pointing the finger at the sad state of humanity and "the world".

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by tetra50

I there there is a choice facing us however between life as it is and as it was intended to be lived, and the false idolatry and self-contracted self obsession of modern man mired in his pathetic clod of complaints and grievances who would rather bemoan the sins of the world and complain about his neighbors than take on full responsibility for his own state of mind and being. One direction takes us on a path of growth, the other, a degeneration, one to happiness the other, sorrow and apathy. This fundamental choice is always before us and there's no avoiding it, not even by pointing the finger at the sad state of humanity and "the world".

I have never been one to point a finger at the state of humanity and "the world." However, there is far less choice, I believe, than what you represent here. Is a choice a chioce if you have 10% of the information when it is presented to you? Do you then, not believe, that it is far more complicated than that, a predicated environmnet hijacked and turned into something other than what it was ever intended to be, and humanity right alonng with it......well, then, you actually believe iin this free will thing, accept it and so therefore believe we are responsbile for our own actions and that this is what allows for this free will....
There have been slaves since the time of Solomon and David, before and certainly since, right now. The world, in many ways, has changed very little. In fact, I would go so far as to say it has become obvious that there is a chain of perpetuation happening, repeatedly. And while I do not advocate blaming everything in one's life on someone or something else, I don't either believe it is quite as black and white as you suggest, either.

Perhaps it is a testing ground. In every person's life, I believe, there presents that one choice, that is true, and is designed to reveal about you, at the root, who, what, your integrity and character have at that point coalesced into......
Just my thoughts.
Tetra

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NorEaster

I forwarded this to my wife. Looks like I'm sleeping in the garage tonight as proof that she loves me. Thanks.

You should throw out all of her cosmetic supplies as a demonstration of love in return.

hmmmmm

I really do love her, y'know.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I just think that if we ever came to fully understand and recognize the choice as life presents it, we would automatically burst out laughing at the absurdity of all our prior ignorance.

Something beckons and invites us, to consider the possibility of the good life, which is also a life of increasing virtue and integrity, character, and charm.

Who would DARE to be happy, even in the face and the midst of the entire gambit of that which is ridiculous and absurd by comparison?

There is no humor or possibility of joy from the POV or perspective of the fundamental "problem", but, in it's resolution, namely that it was only a misconception and a misunderstanding on EVERYONE's part, for the most part, the possibility for joy and one's humor restored becomes accessible in the domain of life, freedom and all new possibility, we must be reborn. You can't put new wine into old wine skins or they'll burst, and I myself have "popped" once or twice in the process of trying to realize this "new life". The faulty world reabsorbes us even as we try to break of it's constraints and fetters, but, in the final analysis and at the end of the day, I think that the truth puts the Chinese handcuffs on what isn't workable and therefore must be considered utterly absurd, nonsensical and ridiculous.

The test then is in our capacity to laugh at ourselves or at who we took ourselves to be in the lowest estimation, so it's like going from a valuelessness and purposelessness to INFINITE value, even if only as a new possibility, or a domain or realm of freedom which is the freedom to be ourselves as we truly are and to live life to the full even to overflowing.

No one, or very few really dare to live, and to create with the full force and power of their creative imagination and will to bring about a transformation, at all levels including the physical.

Sorry for rambling I realize I've probably gone way off topic..

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If you have been wounded to the ultraviolence and you know the end to be for all - your pleasure is my demise.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

On the other hand, you can't really hurt someone who doesn't care for you.

It's the irony of the universe. To live, you must die. To hurt, you must love.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join