It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth Shows How Close Amanda Berry Was To Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I know that we have all been busy and there has been so much happening in the world. The Amanda Berry story has been very interesting from so many angles, I have wanted to keep up, but with my schedule and only local radio, I have not been able to.

But as I have been getting bits and pieces of the story from here and there one thing kept bugging me: Amanda was abducted in 2003 in Cleveland, from near a Burger King where she worked that was within walking distance from her home.

The place where she was held captive for 10 years (!) was in Cleveland as well. I couldn't stop wondering how close it was.

I don't think the impact of just how close to home Amanda was kept can be better illustrated than with Google Earth.

If you would like to do this yourself with GE, here are the pertinent addresses...

Burger King. 11002 Lorain Avenue. Cleveland Ohio.

Amanda was said to have been within walking distance of where she lived at the time.

The cross street for the BK is W. 110th St.; Gina De Jesus, another of the captive women was taken at W. 105th St.

The House where they were kept at was: 2207 Seymour Ave. Cleveland, Ohio.

You can place thumbtacks, as I have done, and then select the ruler from 'tools' to measure the distance.

That's 3.25 miles, as the crow flies!

So it has had me wondering, and very bothered. Over ten years Amanda's parents were told many things. Her mother is said to have died of a broken heart in 2007. That was 2 years after 'psychic' Sylvia Brown told her on The Montel Williams show that Amanda was dead.

It has made me wonder what I would do if I were in the same boat as her parents. Would I stop looking? Could I now ever give up hope in a situation like that, knowing that Amanda was only 3.25 miles from home?

Also, did Amanda know that she was so close to home?

Creepy haunting stuff ATS.

What do you think?

edit on 8-5-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Wow jeez that is horrific, so close yet so far?

I hope that bloody 'psychic' lost their job

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparta
I hope that bloody 'psychic' lost their job

No, Sylvia Brown is a rather famous psychic (as psychic's go), and like teflon, no bad "seeings" seem to stick on her.

No matter how many things she gets wrong, she still has a huge band of loyal followers.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparta

You know, I learned many years ago that most people, before the advent of the automobile, used to only travel less than twenty miles from home in their lifetime.

I don't know what it is about the incredible proximity over time that makes this more tragic; but somehow it does.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

No matter how many things she gets wrong, she still has a huge band of loyal followers.

Yes, it's true, it will be interesting to see how this all unfolds. Teresa Caputo is to be subjected to Daniel Amen's SPECT scanner during a channeling session tomorrow on that Dr. Oz show.

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I was just reading about a case in New Delhi the other day where a child was kidnapped and the police couldn't find the child. A few days later, neighbors heard the girl crying in a bottom floor apartment in the same building that her family lived in. So yes, it can be very close to home and it makes sense if you think about it as, most of the time, these kind of people will target victims that they see or have known. Garrido (kidnapper of Katherine Callaway and Jaycee Dugard), on the other hand, kidnapped both of them from South Lake Tahoe and took the former to Reno, Nevada and the latter to his home in Antioch (about a 3 hour trip) so it's not always close to home. Just more likely. Garrido definitely had a prior history and, although he lived within a couple miles of several schools, he drove hours away for his victims--probably an attempt to avoid being listed as a suspect.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This case gets stranger and stranger. The kidnapper Castros own daughter was friends with Gina DeJesus and they wanted to have a sleepover that night and were not allowed his daughter was the last one to see her! How weird is that this girl goes missing and she was right beneath their nose the whole time!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
While logged on to Google Earth you can see that this image is dated August 2009...

top topics

join